Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Feb 12 10 3:29 PM

Tags : :

Dear members,

A new year is underway and a new installment of our favourite series will be with us in May when The Necromancer gets it's release!

We all love our books and the places they take us to in our imaginations! It is with that in mind that we've decided to adopt a charity for the year, we've chosen to adopt the Book Wish Foundation. Their purpose is to build libraries in the refugee camps in war torn Darfur for all the children (and adults too!) to give them a little haven away from their suffering, and to encourage and maintain literacy.

There are a couple of ways you can help us support their great work:

You can blog about it, Tweet about it, let all your Myspace and Facebook friends know about it and tell your friends at school about it. Every time you help spread the word it helps more people find out about them.

The second way you can help is to buy a brick, each brick costs just $2, to do that just click on the donate brick button on our Portal main page. You can even donate a brick in memory of someone, or to honour someone. If you'd like to honour someone then they will send the person you wish to honour an email if you provide them with the details. They need 5,000 bricks to build a library big enough to hold 5,000 books which will serve a 20,000-30,000 person camp.

If you'd like to read more about the project and see other ways that you could help support their cause then go to http://bookwish.org/library-builder You can also follow them on Twitter (@bookwish) Myspace and Facebook (Book Wish Foundation).

If you are one of our younger members please make sure to show your parents the information if you would like to be involved!

Thanks!
The Admin & Mod team

user posted image
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 12 10 6:13 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ February 12, 2010 03:29 pm)
Dear members,

A new year is underway and a new installment of our favourite series will be with us in May when The Necromancer gets it's release!

We all love our books and the places they take us to in our imaginations! It is with that in mind that we've decided to adopt a charity for the year, we've chosen to adopt the Book Wish Foundation. Their purpose is to build libraries in the refugee camps in war torn Darfur for all the children (and adults too!) to give them a little haven away from their suffering, and to encourage and maintain literacy.

There are a couple of ways you can help us support their great work:

You can blog about it, Tweet about it, let all your Myspace and Facebook friends know about it and tell your friends at school about it. Every time you help spread the word it helps more people find out about them.

The second way you can help is to buy a brick, each brick costs just $2, to do that just click on the donate brick button on our Portal main page. You can even donate a brick in memory of someone, or to honour someone. If you'd like to honour someone then they will send the person you wish to honour an email if you provide them with the details. They need 5,000 bricks to build a library big enough to hold 5,000 books which will serve a 20,000-30,000 person camp.

If you'd like to read more about the project and see other ways that you could help support their cause then go to http://bookwish.org/library-builder You can also follow them on Twitter (@bookwish) Myspace and Facebook (Book Wish Foundation).

If you are one of our younger members please make sure to show your parents the information if you would like to be involved!

Thanks!
The Admin & Mod team

user posted image

That a really good idea Zeph

user posted image

Aura Colour: Dragon Fire
Aura Scent: Chilli Heatwaves

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Feb 13 10 1:29 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ February 12, 2010 08:01 pm)
Awesome. This is totally going on my blog.

Thank you Silvertouch! Lets all help spread the word!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 13 10 4:09 AM

I'll have them post something on the local lls site and get a shout out on local radio next week!

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#5 [url]

Feb 13 10 6:39 AM

and we can also post it on twitter and FB! That's a really nice idea!!

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 15 10 11:52 AM

yeah, it's a really great idea! Let's all spread the word - as said, twit, blog, talk, and post about it everywhere!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Feb 15 10 5:28 PM

If anyone is looking for more information about this charity, I had the privilege of interviewing Logan Kleinwaks, the president of the Book Wish charity, on the latest episode of Awakenings!

Please give it a listen!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 16 10 3:26 AM

So I emailed Book Wish to see if I could get my school involved...do you think this would work? I'll ask our SCA Advisor, so...

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Feb 16 10 3:32 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ February 15, 2010 10:26 pm)
So I emailed Book Wish to see if I could get my school involved...do you think this would work? I'll ask our SCA Advisor, so...

I don't know, but if you emailed Book Wish I'm sure Logan will be more then happy to help you out!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Feb 21 10 6:39 AM

I adopted some bricks and tweeted about it. What a great cause! But they still have a long way to go! They need 5,000 bricks and they are only in the early 1,000's, so there is still a ways to go yet. I must go find some other way to spread the word...

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Feb 24 10 9:41 PM

I think this is wonderful and I'm certainly going to donate some bricks

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Mar 12 10 7:30 PM

I will donate some bricks to. This is a great idea and good cause!

user posted image
"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both." Niccolo Machiavelli
Aura color: Sapphire Blue...... Aura smell: Sea Breeze
Elemental Magic:Water...... Weapon:Trident

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 18 10 1:03 AM

I can ask my dad to put it on his FB account!

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 28 10 3:50 AM

I blogged about it on my website. *link removed by admin*
I'll have 2 ask my parents to buy some bricks.

While we appreciate you advertising the charity on your site, in the future please check with the admin for approval before posting an outside link. Thanks ~SC

user posted image

'people come into your life and people leave it... you just have to trust that life has a road mapped out for you-Orlando Bloom
Aura colour:Flouro orange Aura scent: Sandalwood
Weapon:nunchucks
Favourite element:aether

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 18 10 9:01 PM

GREAT! I'll Tweet about it. Going to go ask Mum and Dad for money... fingers crossed at a yes.

user posted image
Aura: Pure Cerulean Blue Scent: Old Spice Specialties: Water Magic and Sorcery

Quote    Reply   

Jef

Sorcerer

#18 [url]

May 8 11 2:56 PM

Me too, I always loan my books way to long and then I have to pay a gigantic fine.
...Err...On purpose ofcourse... To...erm...Support the library...Yea, naturally... ...

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help