Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Oct 15 10 12:00 PM

I've seen a book entitled "The Last of Danu's Children" by Alison Rush.
It's full of Irish Mythology characters. The Green Man, Cernunnos, even Dr. Dee is here. There is a place called Otherworld. If I don't know who is the author, I'd say Michael wrote this. Do you recommend this?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#83 [url]

Dec 28 10 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Icarus Iscariot @ December 29, 2010 12:41 am)
oh gosh im a dummy and i need to make a challenge for next year. i will have to compile a list now. flamelssecret/rulez.gif flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

You joined at a good time! I'll be opening the reading challenge thread for 2011 on Jan 1st

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Mar 7 11 9:41 AM

Have you ever experienced the situation where you were in a bookstore and you see many good books that you want to buy, but can't decide if the books are worth reading...
I am in a bookstore a while ago and I saw several books but I hesitated to take them because I still have many books at home which I haven't read yet. Well, I'll read them sometime in the future but not right away, because I read books one at a time. I'm reading a book at the present and I'm not really a fast reader so it will take a while to finish this book I'm reading so that I can begin another afterwards.
I have about 8 more books at home to read so I feel that to buy more books is somewhat inappropriate at the moment.
But then, if I don't buy the books that I saw in the bookstore today, then it will definitely be gone the next time I'm back.
However, I'm not really sure if it's a good read or not.
So you see how I'm in the middle of a tug of war? flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

Your thoughts?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#85 [url]

Mar 22 11 9:16 PM

Ok, I don't really have a list of books to read (except for the Warlock) but I'll just put the books I've finished.
1. Animal Farm, by George Orwell
2. Oh, darn. I forgot what I've read this year

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help