Remove this ad

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#121 [url]

Nov 26 09 7:48 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 26, 2009 03:40 pm)
QUOTE (Achemist92 @ November 25, 2009 01:24 am)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 24, 2009 11:48 pm)
QUOTE (starcatcher29 @ November 23, 2009 04:36 pm)
That's Awesome!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif Please tell us when and where the auditions are when you know.  flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

As soon as I have info, I'll certainly post it, but do not hold your breath. First we need a script, and that's at least six months away. Only then can we go out and start casting.

Michael

Does that mean you get to help cast roles for the moviesor do they just ask your opinion.?

I will get to see the final cast list, but I will have no control over the casting. Once the rights to a book go, the author loses a lot of control. At this stage, I want to ensure that the script stays true to the books.

Michael

Thats the most important part!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Remove this ad

#122 [url]

Nov 26 09 10:41 PM

really? bummer. but keeping the script and general idea true is really important though. cause if the fans dont think it followed the book well enough, then they may lose intrest. But i think u should tell the directors to get some NEW talent for the leads. i think that would make the movie make a bigger splash when it shows.

#123 [url]

Nov 30 09 5:21 PM

QUOTE (coren123 @ November 27, 2009 12:41 am)
really? bummer. but keeping the script and general idea true is really important though. cause if the fans dont think it followed the book well enough, then they may lose intrest. But i think u should tell the directors to get some NEW talent for the leads. i think that would make the movie make a bigger splash when it shows.

flamelssecret/Agreed.gif

But I think the may need some big names to get it out there.... but I do hope we'll get to see some new faces!

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

#125 [url]

Dec 4 09 10:05 PM

About big stars vs. new faces i think new faces is better. When famous people go out it is all about them not the movie.

I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived.
"Willa Cather"

Aura color: Tan
Sent: Cedar

#126 [url]

Dec 9 09 10:18 PM

flamelssecret/hyper_.gif WOW!!! That is so amazing that a great series can be a movie! I hope more people read the seires, seeing as they're AWESOME!!!

Good luck Mr. Scott!!!!!

I don't like boys with piercings

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#127 [url]

Dec 12 09 5:22 PM

QUOTE (coren123 @ December 03, 2009 09:29 pm)
so anything new yet michael???
how is it all coming? hows the script and stuff? any news on auditions??

#128 [url]

Dec 13 09 3:09 AM

I had almost forgotten about the movie comming out. I was to busy waiting for the next book to come out. Just another thing to wait for.........I hate waiting.

"The two that are one must become the one that is all." - The Magician

#129 [url]

Dec 14 09 4:51 PM

hi again You know micheal that if you decide to become a producer for the movie it means you will have alot more control than you think. The producers have almost as much power as the directors. They providde the money and can make decisions about what happenes with the movie. the director just adds the artistic point of view.

user posted image
Friend: Hey how's that book you got? Me: The Sorceress was great!!!! Friend: You already finished it? Me: Yeah! Friend: You only got it this morning! Me: I KNOW RIGHT!
Aura: Green
Scent: Evergreen Trees in winter like that fabreeze stuff...unhn like that

#130 [url]

Dec 14 09 8:37 PM

Ok I want a serious answer on this one:
You said in an earlier comment that book 1&2 will be put together in one film, what would lead to the fact that certain parts of the book will not be included in the movie. Can you please tell us what Exactly will not be included in the movie, so that we can be prepared for certain things missing.

Aura:Green
Scent:freshly cut melon

Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#131 [url]

Dec 14 09 10:03 PM

ok maybe i can clarify a few things. Currently the only thing we know about the movie is that Lorenzo DiBonaventura bought the rights to the movie. Michael Scott will be a producer (which may or may not mean creative control/input)

There is not script yet, there isnt even a writer for the script (Michael has said he wont write the script either because he has books to finish writing) which means there is not movie to cast for yet, and because there is no script they dont know what will be in and left out of the movie, (in fact you usually dont know fully what is left out of a movie made from a book, until the movie is released in the theater)

Movie making is unfortunately a slow process, and many months will probably pass before we hear more movie news, and in between bits of movie news. But rest assured as soon as we have more information about the movie, Michael Scott and the staff of flamels immortal portal will make it available to you!

trick

Apprentice

#132 [url]

Dec 15 09 2:06 AM

so it seems that the expected date was moved back longer then expected. o well the creature of the earth made time and waiting for a reason. flamelssecret/faint.gif

user posted image
Aura:Blue..........Scent: Static Electricity..........Magic:Water and Ice. And can predict most peoples fate.

#133 [url]

Jan 2 10 3:06 PM

Spacecadet that was very well put

user posted image
Friend: Hey how's that book you got? Me: The Sorceress was great!!!! Friend: You already finished it? Me: Yeah! Friend: You only got it this morning! Me: I KNOW RIGHT!
Aura: Green
Scent: Evergreen Trees in winter like that fabreeze stuff...unhn like that

#134 [url]

Jan 5 10 9:07 PM

I think that a casting would be the coolest version of making sure who fits in the part perfectly. If I'm not mistaking they did it with Harry Potter too and they are the perfect people to play the characters. Just my opinion and I don't know, but I see Alan Rickman as Dr. Dee, he'd be a perfect match! :D

#135 [url]

Jan 14 10 5:58 PM

I don't mind how long the movie takes(As long it's soon) I'll will just be reading the series and hope for the best in the movie

user posted image

Aura Colour: Dragon Fire
Aura Scent: Chilli Heatwaves

#136 [url]

Jan 17 10 6:05 PM

I know that the film is being directed by the guy who did Transformers, but I just realized that I didn't particularly like Transformers. Or the sequel.
So...

But I really can't wait to see his rendition of the Yggdrasil...

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

#137 [url]

Jan 17 10 6:42 PM

I reckon it might resemble something like the massive tree in James Camerons Avatar

user posted image

"Areop-enap," she said in wonder, acknowledging the ancient spider elder. "I thought you were dead."

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#138 [url]

Jan 18 10 7:04 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ January 17, 2010 06:05 pm)
I know that the film is being directed by the guy who did Transformers, but I just realized that I didn't particularly like Transformers. Or the sequel.
So...

flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif when did thid happen? Michael Bay will be directing the movie?

silver, you didn't like Transformers? the sequel was horrible but the first one was awesome!

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#139 [url]

Jan 18 10 1:31 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ January 18, 2010 03:04 am)
QUOTE (silvertouch @ January 17, 2010 06:05 pm)
So...

flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif when did thid happen? Michael Bay will be directing the movie?

silver, you didn't like Transformers? the sequel was horrible but the first one was awesome!

Just to clear it up:

It's being produced by the guy who produced Transformers -

Lorenzo di Bonaventura

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#140 [url]

Jan 18 10 3:24 PM

That's what I thought too.

Thanks for clearing that up Gods

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help