Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Oct 6 08 1:53 AM

Tags : :

There isn't a huge amount of news concerning the film at this early stage, but here's what we know at the moment, this news came from http://www.dillonscott.com/the-alchemyst:

"Toby Emerich and Mark Ordesky at New Line Cinema subsequently took an option on the series. The first movie, The Alchemyst, is due for release in 2009."

When we know more, you'll be the first people we share it with!
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Oct 24 08 4:46 PM

And lets not forget trusty IMDB!
There isnt much on the page but the page as been created! So its a start right?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907706/

Keep an eye out for updates!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Oct 24 08 9:21 PM

Anyone have imdb pro to tell me what it says - other then you need imdb pro to see any more info?

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Oct 27 08 12:33 PM

Im sure if we are a little patient, something will appear soon. Unless someone is registered to the pro version and would like to share with us!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.

#9 [url]

Dec 5 08 11:08 PM

Yees i want to know so please someone who have pro version let us konw, i dontknow but aparently the pro version alow to you to know a lot of things before than the others users

#10 [url]

Jan 17 09 1:52 AM

Wait, do we know the actors? When it's coming out?
Thanks for any info.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Jan 17 09 9:56 AM

QUOTE (Ectw101 @ January 17, 2009 02:52 am)
Thanks for any info.

No sorry Ectw, we've no news at all yet, but as soon as we do have any, we'll be sure to post it up!

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Jan 19 09 4:38 AM

QUOTE (Ectw101 @ January 16, 2009 08:52 pm)
Thanks for any info.

We do know that it is scheduled for a December 2009 release.

But, in my opinion, I think that will get pushed.

#13 [url]

Jan 19 09 5:04 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ January 18, 2009 10:38 pm)
We do know that it is scheduled for a December 2009 release.
But, in my opinion, I think that will get pushed.

I'm afraid that you're gonna be proven right, hitmanjls. New Line Cinemas was set to to distribute the Mark Burnett production. Except that New Line is no more, it's been absorbed by Time Warner {WB}, who's been busy as a beaver all this past year making lay offs and cutting back or pushing back future projects.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Mar 5 09 5:55 AM

QUOTE (shadow28jg @ March 04, 2009 11:56 pm)
has anyone heard of any updates about the film?

Let me give you all a little update on the movie. There are currently two drafts of the scripts. The writers strike in LA delayed the project by 100 days (because that is how long the strike lasted), and then New Line was taken over by Warner. So at the moment, The Alchemyst, and a lot of other material is in limbo until that situation sorts itself out.

However, given that the we've not even started shooting yet, then there is no chance that this movie will hit the cinemas this Christmas. Let's keep our fingers crossed for 2010 (or maybe even 2011).

Seems to write 2011!

As soon as we have news it will go up here.

Best wishes,

Michael

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Mar 5 09 1:46 PM

Still nothing on IMDB! flamelssecret/idk.gif

Edit:
Oh! just saw Michael's post!

flamelssecret/crying.gif 2011!!! Thats so far away!

user posted image

#17 [url]

Mar 5 09 4:03 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ March 05, 2009 01:46 pm)
Still nothing on IMDB! flamelssecret/idk.gif

Edit:
Oh! just saw Michael's post!

flamelssecret/crying.gif 2011!!! Thats so far away!

hey no worries Bellus 07 and 08 flew by like nothing so maybe these next waiting years will fly by too or maybe if were really lucky it will only be a 1year wait stay happy and patient flamelssecret/secret.gif

#18 [url]

Mar 5 09 4:06 PM

Just as I feared, it has been pushed back. But the positive side is that it's still a standing project and not one that has been permanently shelved like some of the other WB projects. Woohoo! Will simply be patient and wait for more news. Thanx for the update Michael! flamelssecret/love0030.gif

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Mar 5 09 4:12 PM

Personally, I rather it be delayed and done right to Michael's liking instead of being rushed ahead and not really thought through...

Like another book series that recently did that...

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Mar 5 09 4:14 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ March 05, 2009 11:12 am)
Personally, I rather it be delayed and done right to Michael's liking instead of being rushed ahead and not really thought thru...

Like another book series that recently did that...

Have to agree with that! but i was just looking forward to it at the end of 2009! oh well!
*waits patiently*

user posted image

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help