Next Generation Elder

#701 [url]

Apr 24 11 6:26 PM

Thread merge point, **Warlock Spoilers Ahead**

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#702 [url]

May 4 11 6:10 PM

Aoife does tell us that Scatty is a liar and shouldn't be trusted when asked about her and Scatty's ages:

QUOTE (The Necromancer @ page 157)
"Scathach lies... You wouldn't want to believe a single word she tells you."

But Scatty never says "I am two thousand years old" straight out and bluntly. She always says something along the lines of "as you humani measure time" or "in humani years".

QUOTE (The Alchemyst @ page 77)
"Two thousand five hundred and seventeen, as you humani measure time with your current calendar."

QUOTE (The Magician @ page 98)
"Have you really lived for two and a half thousand years?" Sophie asked...

"Two thousand, five hundred and seventeen humani years." Scathach smiled a tight-lipped smile that hid her vampire teeth. "Hekate once abandoned me in a particularly nasty Underworld Shadowrealm. It took me centuries to find my way out. And when I was younger I spent a lot of time in the Shadowrealms of Lyonesse, Hy-Brasil and Tir na nOg, where time moves at a different pace. Shadowrealm time is not the same as humani time, so I really only count my time on this earth."

I don't think Scatty ever lied about her age. She's been truthful. She had said that she'd hung out in Shadowrealms where time flowed differently so she only counted her years on Earth. Aoife just happened to count all her years, everywhere.

(To be honest, I think Aoife in that scene was trying to burn some bridges to try and keep Scatty to herself by saying that she was a liar and wasn't to be trusted. I don't think Aoife has any real love of humani and she probably wants Scatty to be the same way. In essence, I think she was jealous in that scene.)

This isn't really in response to anything specific, more a theory.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#703 [url]

May 5 11 4:54 PM

Yes I definitely see jealousy in Aoife but I do however think that when/if Scatty finds Aoife they are going to be on the same side no matter what.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#705 [url]

May 5 11 5:07 PM

Yes and plus Aoife has already helped the humani quite a bit. If they didn't get back together though (highly unlikely) Scatty would still stand with the humani.

user posted image
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

Jef

Sorcerer

#706 [url]

May 5 11 7:33 PM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ May 04, 2011 08:10 pm)
Aoife does tell us that Scatty is a liar and shouldn't be trusted when asked about her and Scatty's ages:

QUOTE (The Necromancer @ page 157)
"Scathach lies... You wouldn't want to believe a single word she tells you."

But Scatty never says "I am two thousand years old" straight out and bluntly. She always says something along the lines of "as you humani measure time" or "in humani years".

QUOTE (The Alchemyst @ page 77)
"Two thousand five hundred and seventeen, as you humani measure time with your current calendar."

QUOTE (The Magician @ page 98)
"Have you really lived for two and a half thousand years?" Sophie asked...

"Two thousand, five hundred and seventeen humani years." Scathach smiled a tight-lipped smile that hid her vampire teeth. "Hekate once abandoned me in a particularly nasty Underworld Shadowrealm. It took me centuries to find my way out. And when I was younger I spent a lot of time in the Shadowrealms of Lyonesse, Hy-Brasil and Tir na nOg, where time moves at a different pace. Shadowrealm time is not the same as humani time, so I really only count my time on this earth."

I don't think Scatty ever lied about her age. She's been truthful. She had said that she'd hung out in Shadowrealms where time flowed differently so she only counted her years on Earth. Aoife just happened to count all her years, everywhere.

(To be honest, I think Aoife in that scene was trying to burn some bridges to try and keep Scatty to herself by saying that she was a liar and wasn't to be trusted. I don't think Aoife has any real love of humani and she probably wants Scatty to be the same way. In essence, I think she was jealous in that scene.)

This isn't really in response to anything specific, more a theory.

Interesting, that's a lot of knowledge about the books you have there

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

#707 [url]

May 5 11 7:41 PM

QUOTE (Jef @ May 05, 2011 12:33 pm)
Interesting, that's a lot of knowledge about the books you have there

Thanks, Jef. I'm trying to get my knowledge base up to par.

I just think that Scatty has done so much to protect the twins and humanity to be dismissed so easily by one person saying she's a liar. Everyone's a liar and we've all told lies.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#708 [url]

May 6 11 12:23 AM

Yes we have and Scatty probably didn't even mean it as a lie either. However I think a battle between Scatty and Aoife, would be EPIC!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#709 [url]

May 6 11 1:07 AM

Both of them want to make-up and forgive the other. so it's unlikely(but not impossible) for a scatty-aoife battle

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#710 [url]

May 6 11 2:29 PM

I know but it would be EPIC beyond compare though. flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Jef

Sorcerer

#711 [url]

May 6 11 3:03 PM

Hmmm, I'd rather see a 'Scatty+Aoife vs Monster army of Alcatraz' battle
I would like it better if they teamed up and did something like that, or fight a strong Elder, Archon or beast together

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

#712 [url]

May 6 11 3:27 PM

Them teaming up would be EPIC as well. But I like Scatty more and would love to see her kick some major butt with her swords and nunchak or whatever they're called.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#713 [url]

May 7 11 1:13 AM

I was re reading The Magician and that made me realize that Scatty really became a sister like figure for Sophie in that short amount of time.

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Quote    Reply   

#714 [url]

May 7 11 1:57 AM

Yeah Scatty's easy to get along with as long as she's not mad.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#715 [url]

May 10 11 8:17 PM

And if she's mad, you really don't stand a chance in battle

user posted image
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#716 [url]

May 10 11 8:20 PM

Yeah unless you're Niten but I just think he got lucky...Scatty all the way!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#717 [url]

May 10 11 8:22 PM

Totally. Everyone has secrets right? so i wonder what scatty's secrets are...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#718 [url]

May 10 11 8:24 PM

Hm like who she loves and who she really loathes, or is she going to consider retirement after this war.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#719 [url]

May 10 11 8:26 PM

prpabably all three.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#720 [url]

May 10 11 8:32 PM

Yeah probably. I wonder who her parents are. I can't wait to read the part where she finally meets her parents. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help