Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#21 [url]

Nov 1 08 10:02 AM

QUOTE (John @ October 27, 2008 05:12 am)
Or maybe scatty has had a child on wikipedia it says she had many husbands o-o so uhm yeah the whole boyfriend thing when she declined i think is a lie xD but yeah she may have had kids and whatnot user posted imageand thinks of them as her children and wants to protect them

I wonder if she does have children and if so, if that would make them 3rd generation? Since the 1st generation can't even look at the Codex, the 2nd generation can touch but not read it, if that would mean a 3rd generation could both own it and read it?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#23 [url]

Nov 1 08 3:26 PM

ok crazy theory, maybe sophie and josh were adopted, and maybe related to a certain ancient warrior ok that might be too much crazy but i had to throw that out there.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Nov 1 08 4:13 PM

Not that crazy in my opinion. I think the adoption part is a possible but the other part no not at all. I do think that Scatty may be somewhat related to a certain immortal human that Flamel hates.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#25 [url]

Nov 9 08 6:20 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ November 01, 2008 04:26 pm)
ok crazy theory, maybe sophie and josh were adopted, and maybe related to a certain ancient warrior ok that might be too much crazy but i had to throw that out there.

I have got to hear this..i'm intrigued..where did that notion come from?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Nov 9 08 4:36 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 09, 2008 12:20 am)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ November 01, 2008 04:26 pm)
ok crazy theory, maybe sophie and josh were adopted, and maybe related to a certain ancient warrior   ok that might be too much crazy but i had to throw that out there.

I have got to hear this..i'm intrigued..where did that notion come from?

i dont know really they started talking about scatty having children and the imagination kicked into overdrive, and wouldnt it be interesting if the twins of prophecy were actually children of elders or next generation like scatty, or even other immortals.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Nov 9 08 5:19 PM

I do not think that they are second generation elders or children of any kind of elder. I do think it is a possibility they are children of immortal humans. I have this theory about Dee and them. This may sound a bit wrong but put it this way I think Dee is the kind of person to go have a child with a random women that he payed. I think that could be who Josh and Sophie's mom is and the father is Dee. Then I am guessing Dee used some magic to make the twins parents think that the twins were really their children. Dee does seem to be a bit sexist so that is why he would not care about Sophie that and Sophie is very close to Flamel and Scatty. So that is why Dee is trying to get real close to Josh.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#28 [url]

Nov 11 08 12:59 PM

wow, I had to double check what topic I was in.

I find it interesting that Scatty has never had a boyfriend, elder or humani.... It seems that the elder race, like humani, have the need from mothers and fathers. So it would be suffice to say that they have relationships just like we do...

Why hasn't Scatty ever fallen in love? Ideas?

Or, has she... and because of the loss of that love she now shuns it?

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#29 [url]

Nov 11 08 1:03 PM

Maybe she's in love with Joan. I'm serious.

It's been mentioned how close she is with Joan, and Michael...somewhere on this board...said something about how that will come into play later.

EDIT - Found it -

QUOTE (Michael Scott)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 27, 2008 03:45 am)
On the topic of auras I have a question too  I was wondering if there is any significance in the closeness that Scatty has with Jeanne and Sophie?
Scatty warns the twins not to trust anyone, yet she seems to trust these two, They both have auras of pure silver, is that just a co-incidence or something we should pay special attention to?

QUOTE (John Posted: October 27 @  2008 05:02 am)

I also have the same question as Zeph

Yes. As I've said elsewhere, nothing is this series is accidental. Because I was able to plot out each book right down to chapter level, I was able to weave clues and foreshadow lots of story elements.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Nov 11 08 1:26 PM

It's also interesting - if you watch the video that Zeph just posted a link to of an interview with Michael he talks about this - and he references the part of the Magician where Scatty flamelssecret/vamp.gif explains why to Sophie. If you recall, she mentions that it's, at least in part, because it would be too hard to watch them die.
She says, after Sophie asks if she' ever had a boyfriend, that there has never been anyone so close and:

QUOTE (The Magician p. 60)
The Elders fear and avoid me. And I try not to get too close to humani. It s too hard watching them age and die. That is the curse of immortality: to watch the world change, to see everything you know wither. Remember that, Sophie, if someone offers you the gift of immortality. She made the last word sound like a profanity.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#31 [url]

Nov 11 08 1:41 PM

Its almost as if scatty feels like immortality was thrust upon her and she had no choice in the matter. She seems very conflicted and her hard warrior fighting all the time (not to say that she's not an excellent warrior) is a front she puts up to protect herself from getting hurt by love and loss. Its probably not that she's never had the opportunity but im guessing some kind of love interest developed at some point and she realized why it was a bad idea and it hurt her, hence the super hard exterior.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

Nov 11 08 2:02 PM

I always wondered about that! To be such a great warrior, she is really kinda girly... Like, "oh, I hate leygates, they make me nauseas".

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Nov 11 08 6:33 PM

I think she wants to be a normal girl a human. I am willing to bet that if it came down to it where Dee could kill her or make her normal she would rather take normal. I also bet that there is a way to make someone normal like even an elder and it is in the codex.

I think that if she did become normal as soon as someone she was close to was in danger she would regret it. Kind of like what happens to Clark Kent in the tv show Smallville.

As for her loving Joan there is a problem there. Joan is married and she greatly loves her husband.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#34 [url]

Nov 18 08 1:15 AM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ November 11, 2008 01:03 pm)

It's been mentioned how close she is with Joan, and Michael...somewhere on this board...said something about how that will come into play later.

EDIT - Found it -

QUOTE (Michael Scott)
On the topic of auras I have a question too  I was wondering if there is any significance in the closeness that Scatty has with Jeanne and Sophie?
Scatty warns the twins not to trust anyone, yet she seems to trust these two, They both have auras of pure silver, is that just a co-incidence or something we should pay special attention to?

Yes. As I've said elsewhere, nothing is this series is accidental. Because I was able to plot out each book right down to chapter level, I was able to weave clues and foreshadow lots of story elements.

"Maybe she's in love with Joan. I'm serious.It's been mentioned how close she is with Joan, and Michael...somewhere on this board...said something about how that will come into play later."
Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Nov 18 08 3:47 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 17, 2008 07:15 pm)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ November 11, 2008 01:03 pm)

EDIT - Found it -

QUOTE (Michael Scott)

"Maybe she's in love with Joan. I'm serious.It's been mentioned how close she is with Joan, and Michael...somewhere on this board...said something about how that will come into play later."

Can I remind you that it was Scatty's blood which kept Joan alive. Does that not make her almost family? Michael

So she LOVES Joan like a sister, she is not IN LOVE with her. And let me just say that I LOVE Scatty and Joan, too! (like the sisters I never had )

user posted image
Aura color:Bright Red/Dark Green
Aura scent: Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#37 [url]

Nov 18 08 4:28 PM

QUOTE (Meifah @ November 18, 2008 10:01 am)
Hi! I'm a new member from Thailand. I just wonder how the name "Scathach" is pronounced. Please help. Thanks.

Welcome!

Scathach is pronounced like Sca tock. you can get the correct pronunciation from the audio books or if you listen to the teaser cast on the main site it is pronounced correctly on there as well.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Nov 18 08 10:27 PM

At first I thought her name was pronounced Scat Ratch. Do not ask.

As for Scatty in love, I think I know who she ends up with at the end of the series. An immortal Josh. Josh has a crush on her or had one. In the Alchemyst in her place he says she is "cool" with a casual tone. We get Sophie's thoughts on this that he likes her.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#39 [url]

Nov 21 08 2:31 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 11, 2008 01:59 pm)
wow, I had to double check what topic I was in.

I find it interesting that Scatty has never had a boyfriend, elder or humani....  It seems that the elder race, like humani, have the need from mothers and fathers.  So it would be suffice to say that they have relationships just like we do...

Why hasn't Scatty ever fallen in love?  Ideas?

Or, has she...  and because of the loss of that love she now shuns it?

Let me help you there, Scatty did have lovers in her many years, she had a daughter Uathach by one, and lost another, called Setanta (who was also a lover to her daughter) to her sister Aoife.(If you're wondering about the pronunciation of those names, if i remember right, Uathach is said as oo-thack and Aoife is said as ee-fa/ eva)

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Nov 21 08 6:19 PM

I still support my idea about her and Josh.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help