Remove this ad

#681 [url]

Aug 15 12 10:07 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 15, 2012 02:50 pm)
QUOTE (Francis De Saint Germain 09 @ August 15, 2012 08:49 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff )
Yes, however Isis, being an Earthlord, mentioned that the Earthlords did not create them. So who did? Is it possible that their was something before the Earthlords that created the swords? Or is Marethyu connected to it somehow? Or Abraham? There are so many possibilities.

QUOTE (Isis)
"Old these are, older then the Elders, the Archons or even the Ancients. It is said they were shaped by the Earthlords, but I doubt it: they worked in different materials" Enchantress pg 249

Isis did not outright deny that the Earthlords created the Swords, just that she did not think they did because they used to work with other materials.

QUOTE (John Dee)
    And with the warmth and the chill came the memories, terrible, terrifying memories of a time before the humani, of a time when the elders ruled the earth, and then beyond, to the world of the Archons; and before them, to the Ancients; and back further, to the Time Before Time, when the Earthlords ruled.
    Memories of the four great swords of power...
    ...of their creation...
    ...and theri powers...
    ...and why they had been separated...
    ...and why they must never be brought together...
    And the shocking realization that there were not weapons, these were much, much, more.
Necromancer pg 230

Dee is seeing the memories of the sword and he sees the memories of times when each major race (Elder, Archon, Ancients) ruled the world, and when he reaches the memories of the time that the Earthlords ruled he also sees the memories of the swords creation. I believe this quote from the Necromancer shows - or at least implies- that the Earthlords did indeed create the swords.

Very true, you are probably right. Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

No problem .

Here's another interesting quote I found while re-reading the enchantress:
QUOTE (Josh)
Josh lashed out with Clarent. It scored a shallow scrape across the berserker's torso, and instantly the sword pulsed. Josh felt it with his entire body-single heartbeat-and in that moment he knew that if he could feed it blood, the blade would know what to do. The Enchantress Pg 385

Quetzalcoatl's mirror-the only? confirmed earthlord artifact- also needs to be fed blood to function.

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#682 [url]

Aug 16 12 11:45 PM

wow. You are really good at finding stuff like this. Yes, that is very interesting, and it certainly seems to point to the fact that the swords were in fact mad by the Earthlords.

Quote    Reply   

#683 [url]

Aug 17 12 2:04 AM

Huh, didn't even consider that. Yes, in that case it's quite likely that the swords are Earthlord in origin which would explain why the sickle is on a relief with the name of their kings other than the fact that Josh [As Maryethu] can now time-travel.

Quote    Reply   

#684 [url]

Aug 17 12 11:02 PM

Maybe Marethyu will go back to the time of the Earthlords at some point. Could it be possible that his hook will then split up into the four Swords again for some reason, thus 'creating' the Swords during the time of the Earthlords? This would explain how the Earthlords got them. I'm just guessing, though.

Aura color: turquoise
Aura scent: pine
Magics: fire and aether

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#685 [url]

Aug 17 12 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Moonflare @ August 17, 2012 11:02 pm)
Maybe Marethyu will go back to the time of the Earthlords at some point. Could it be possible that his hook will then split up into the four Swords again for some reason, thus 'creating' the Swords during the time of the Earthlords? This would explain how the Earthlords got them. I'm just guessing, though.

Yes, but remember, Marethyu basically knows just about everything, and he says that Josh is gone. If the swords split, he would become Josh again, making that statement false. Also, we know that he visited the Earthlords at one point, though he says it is brief, because hs hook is up on the list of Earthlord kings. And we know that the splitting could not have happened at this encounter, because he seems to have memory of it when he speaks to Aten.

Quote    Reply   

#686 [url]

Aug 24 12 4:44 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 17, 2012 04:13 pm)

Yes, but remember, Marethyu basically knows just about everything, and he says that Josh is gone. If the swords split, he would become Josh again, making that statement false. Also, we know that he visited the Earthlords at one point, though he says it is brief, because hs hook is up on the list of Earthlord kings. And we know that the splitting could not have happened at this encounter, because he seems to have memory of it when he speaks to Aten.

No I think that the Earthlords made the swords while he had the hook. Becuase its a different time stream. Isis and Osirris had the swords in Danu Talis and Marethyu had the hook. When the swords were first made is unconnected to marethyus hook.

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#687 [url]

Aug 24 12 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Francis De Saint Germain 09 @ August 24, 2012 04:44 am)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ August 17, 2012 04:13 pm)

No I think that the Earthlords made the swords while he had the hook. Becuase its a different time stream. Isis and Osirris had the swords in Danu Talis and Marethyu had the hook. When the swords were first made is unconnected to marethyus hook.

The swords isis and osiris have are the ones from the future. Also, I do not think that it is a different time stream as much as Josh perserving thing by destroying Danu Talis to make it as much like the older time stream as possible, making it in essence the same as the last time stream, which is why events in the series are not changed or distorted by the ending of the enchantress.

Quote    Reply   

#688 [url]

Sep 3 12 4:29 AM

Such an interesting topic. Of all that we know about so many of the Elders we know very little of what Odin actually looks like. That may have been intentional. Odin carries a bit of mystery, other than he is huge and has one grey eye. It is by his own admission that he has very limited power as well. However it is reasonable to believe that he was not as effected by the change as were so many of the other Elders. Perhaps it was some of his add ons like his cape and such that kept him from exhibiting the same type deformities that the other Elders did.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#689 [url]

Sep 3 12 7:49 AM

I disagree with the Earthlord creation of the swords. If Gilgamesh was there when Stonehenge was built and they are made from the same rock.....

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

#690 [url]

Sep 3 12 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 03, 2012 02:49 am)
I disagree with the Earthlord creation of the swords. If Gilgamesh was there when Stonehenge was built and they are made from the same rock.....

In Cernunnos flashback we can see him holding one of the swords, I believe it was Excalibur. We see Cernunnos in his original form, and even his change was long before the creation of mankind.

Just because Stonhenge and the swords are from the same material, it doesn't mean they were created at the same time.

I keep the belief that the swords were created in Earthlords' time, probably by orders of Marethyu, in order to ensure his own existence.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#691 [url]

Sep 3 12 1:12 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 03, 2012 07:49 am)

Very true. But does it say that he was there at the creation of the swords?

Quote    Reply   

#692 [url]

Sep 4 12 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 03, 2012 12:49 am)

Gilgamesh was only there when the newest part of Stonehenge was built the actual site is much older as mentioned by Gilgamesh in the sorceress:
"Oh no, it's older," Gilgamesh said suddenly, brightening. "I started on that at least ten thousand years earlier. And the site was ancient even then...." Pg 330 The Sorceress

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#693 [url]

Sep 8 12 2:22 AM

True. My point has been verified by you guys.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#695 [url]

Sep 8 12 5:41 AM

Now that I know the information I agree with BirdGuy

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#696 [url]

Sep 8 12 6:00 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 08, 2012 05:41 am)
Now that I know the information I agree with BirdGuy

Yes, that could be true, but are we sure that the Earthlords were the only party involved? Something as major as the swords must have been affected by an unknown outside force...

Quote    Reply   

#697 [url]

Sep 8 12 9:45 PM

I agree with that as well. There must have been something superior to the Earthlords otherwise Osiris and Isis would have been easily defeated on the Gold Pyramid by Sophie and Josh

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#698 [url]

Sep 8 12 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 08, 2012 09:45 pm)
I agree with that as well. There must have been something superior to the Earthlords otherwise Osiris and Isis would have been easily defeated on the Gold Pyramid by Sophie and Josh

Yes, perhaps. And that is another question: How did the Earthlords learn how to live in multiple time streams? Maybe they learned it from this other race, or being, or whatever it is, but then where is it now? Was it destroyed by the Earthlords?

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#699 [url]

Sep 9 12 5:12 PM

Interesting question, of course we don't know if all Earthlords are unaffected by time as we've never met anyone aside from two specific people, however this is The Swords thread so let's get back to that discussion.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#700 [url]

Sep 10 12 7:33 AM

Fair enough. So, I wonder if the combined swords of Clarent and Excalibur cancel out each other's powers?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help