Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Nov 3 09 3:27 PM

makes sense that tryfing would be clarent. I think perhaps Charlemagne was Awakened or maybe he is an immortal human. Maybe Scatties sister has a sword who better to train the twins in sword fighting than him While Josh would have no trouble with Mars gift Sophie at least would need the instruction

Aura Dark Green
Scent After the rain
Magics mastered: Earth
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kh009

Spellcaster

#42 [url]

Nov 4 09 6:44 AM

QUOTE (koen3456 @ November 03, 2009 02:42 am)
As after digging into charlemange (since he'd hidden clarent) I found out that he'd wielded Joyeuse,

Curtana/Cortana is the Sword of Mecry once weilded by Edward the Confessor of England. a notable quality of this sword is the blades material, similar to that of two swords previously mentioned - Joyeuse and Durendal.

I found out that both Durendal and Curtana belonged to the apprentices of Charlemange.

Curtana was wielded by Ogier the Dane a paladin of Charlemange. (as i've read by edward the confessor to)
Durendal was wielded by Roland Also one of Charlemange's Paladins and was also used by Hector of troy.

Curtana also has an discription crafted in its blade.

[I]My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal.[U]

And isn't it intresting that Charlemange at that time would have had 3 swords of power only missing the 4th one.

As tyrfing is called to be a cursed sword who brings death to his wielder that must be clarent.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the story though

maybe Joyeuse is Excalibur and Charlemagne give it to dee

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Nov 4 09 1:02 PM

Dee's predecesor, Roger Bacon, was said to have given Excalibur to Dee. Now...as to who gave it to Bacon...Charlemange may work there.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Nov 5 09 1:07 PM

I think that Joyeuse and Excalibur are not the same sword. When Flamel shows Clarent to all of them and Josh asks if it is Joyeuse Scathach says something like: Joyeuse is a work of art, this is an abomination. If Clarent and Excalibur are twin blades, then they look alike, so one couldn't be considered a work of art and the other just horrible, could they?
Dunno about you guys, but this is what I think.

Aura colour:Purple
Aura Scent:Wet Cork Oak Leaves

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#45 [url]

Nov 5 09 1:44 PM

QUOTE (Tejab @ November 05, 2009 08:07 am)
I think that Joyeuse and Excalibur are not the same sword. When Flamel shows Clarent to all of them and Josh asks if it is Joyeuse Scathach says something like: Joyeuse is a work of art, this is an abomination. If Clarent and Excalibur are twin blades, then they look alike, so one couldn't be considered a work of art and the other just horrible, could they?
Dunno about you guys, but this is what I think.

Actually i believe joyuese and excalibur are infact the same sword. The reason Scatty says that Joyeuse is a work of art and this is an abomination, is to distinguish between clarent and excalibur, if you notice on the sorceress cover the two swords are identical minus their hilts (handles). Josh thinks the sword flamel hands him is excalibur at first because of their similarities, but scatty tells josh that it is not joyuese rather it is the "abomination" clarent as she puts it, meaning that Joyeuse and Excalibur are one and the same.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#46 [url]

Nov 6 09 7:29 AM

and in addition to what SC said, Scathach was repulsed by the sword simply because of its reputation.. everyone, except Dee, Nicholas and Cernunnos, is disgusted with the sword and what it does to peoples minds. Scathch's impression of beauty may have something to do w/ how it was weilded by great men.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Nov 11 09 3:13 AM

sounds like how Scatty would think I think that Nicholas was a bit hestitant to hold the blade himself but he knew that Josh would have no prevoius misconceptions unlike Sophie with Witch of Endor's memories. Alsothink that Excalibur and Joyease are the same sword. I think that Durendal and Curtana are both swords of power. Also is there and Aether sword? If each element has a blade then does Aether. or do they all combine into one giant sword.

Aura Dark Green
Scent After the rain
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#48 [url]

Nov 11 09 4:43 PM

QUOTE (feydaykin1495 @ November 10, 2009 10:13 pm)
Also is there and Aether sword? If each element has a blade then does Aether. or do they all combine into one giant sword.

Well... theres a thought!

If you can only obtain Aether after achieving all 4 of the other magics... Maybe all 4 swords combine together to make the Aether sword???

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Nov 12 09 3:31 AM

That makes alot of scence but i cant remember where i found this information but i read that Cortana is the rainbow sword. Maybe Cortana is the name of the four swords combine. flamelssecret/idk.gif

DEMLEMONS!

Quote    Reply   

trick

Apprentice

#50 [url]

Nov 13 09 2:15 AM

are you shore that its a stone sword? if so then pleas remember where you read that.

user posted image
Aura:Blue..........Scent: Static Electricity..........Magic:Water and Ice. And can predict most peoples fate.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

koen3456

Spellcaster

#52 [url]

Nov 13 09 6:17 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 11, 2009 04:43 pm)
QUOTE (feydaykin1495 @ November 10, 2009 10:13 pm)
Also is there and Aether sword? If each element has a blade then does Aether. or do they all combine into one giant sword.

Well... theres a thought!

If you can only obtain Aether after achieving all 4 of the other magics... Maybe all 4 swords combine together to make the Aether sword???

Oeh thats interesting. So but would it be called then... Don't know much names of mythical swords. Only found Curtana and Durendal by a connection with Charlemange. Maybe some research wil do

Oh and what i didn't know was that according to the story the Sword king arthur pulled out of the stone was actually Clarent and not Excalibur which he recieved later from the Lady of the lake.

I have found a whole list of Mythical swords but can't find a clue which one it could be.

user posted image

Aura: White/green tinted
Scent: Grass

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#53 [url]

Nov 13 09 6:49 PM

QUOTE (koen3456 @ November 13, 2009 02:17 pm)
Oh and what i didn't know was that according to the story the Sword king arthur pulled out of the stone was actually Clarent and not Excalibur which he recieved later from the Lady of the lake.

Yes, that is a common misconception. Excalibur is NOT the sword in the stone.

Whether or not it was Clarent, I'm not sure.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#55 [url]

Nov 13 09 7:32 PM

QUOTE (koen3456 @ November 13, 2009 02:59 pm)
Wikipedia states that it was Clarent. Don't know if it is true Though.

There are several different myths about King Arthur, and I don't take too much stock in wikipedia. But it very well could have been Clarent.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#56 [url]

Nov 13 09 8:11 PM

And we know Arthur had contact with both blades - as Cernernunos says to Pally - "the blades that ruled and ruined your master's life".

So it's possible, seeing as The Sword in The Stone is the other main Arthurian Legend sword...

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Nov 13 09 9:00 PM

That would make sense because Modred's blade was Clarent and he was Arthur's heir and since that is how Arthur got the throne it would be recognized as a sort of kingmaker sword so it would make a sensible gift.

Aura Dark Green
Scent After the rain
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#58 [url]

Nov 14 09 6:11 AM

QUOTE (koen3456 @ November 13, 2009 06:17 pm)

as Godsrych mentioned, there are different versions of the myth on King Arthur and the sword in the stone is a totaly different spin on the other myths i.e. the Lady of the Lake presenting Arthur Excalibur.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Nov 14 09 3:25 PM

alot of the speculation we can make depends on what version of the myth we choose. i.e. The Lady of The Lake being the one who gave Arthur Excalibur. Then who is she? Elder Next Generation or immortal human.

Aura Dark Green
Scent After the rain
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Nov 14 09 3:51 PM

QUOTE (feydaykin1495 @ November 14, 2009 03:25 pm)
alot of the speculation we can make depends on what version of the myth we choose. i.e. The Lady of The Lake being the one who gave Arthur Excalibur. Then who is she? Elder Next Generation or immortal human.

Or perhaps she is another of the elusive Archon race? Older than the others...

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help