Remove this ad

#541 [url]

Aug 27 11 3:15 AM

I think it's incredible technology. I think they may have some of their element inside their blade or hilt.

Aura Color: Forest Green
Aura Scent: Fire
Magics: Fire and Air, Sorcery and Transformation
To have a beginning everything must have an end.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#542 [url]

Aug 27 11 10:18 AM

Holding to my previous theory, it's magic to some technology to others. Only difference is the approach.

(Anyone knows topic where differences between magic and technology can be discussed?)

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#543 [url]

Aug 27 11 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Artillery @ August 26, 2011 08:53 pm)
Probably when he sold the Codex to Nicholas he asked about the sword.

The swords were probably already famous when Nicholas laid eyes on the Codex but he found Clarent while running away from Dee and that was after they've learned how to read it.

I agree with Cormac that this is getting very flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif

QUOTE (Ancient @ August 27, 2011 10:18 am)
Anyone knows topic where differences between magic and technology can be discussed?

You can discuss this in the Random Ideas thread.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#544 [url]

Aug 27 11 3:43 PM

ya they probably were instued (when made) with what ever element that the blade is related to so that it has special abilities.

user posted image
Aura Color:Fire Orange Aura Scent:Cayenne Elements: Fire Air Water Specialtys: Alchemy, Sorcerry and imaginatourie

Quote    Reply   

#545 [url]

Aug 27 11 6:50 PM

Sorry moviebuff. I thought it had some relation to the swords.

Quote    Reply   

#546 [url]

Aug 27 11 7:36 PM

Sorry need to say this. but the swords are opposite of the crystal skulls. also the element might drink off memories like clarent brings out teh worst in a person but excalibur is just a normal sword instued with ice. while joeyusse and the earth sword (i forget the name of it) bring the good out of people.

user posted image
Aura Color:Fire Orange Aura Scent:Cayenne Elements: Fire Air Water Specialtys: Alchemy, Sorcerry and imaginatourie

Quote    Reply   

#547 [url]

Aug 27 11 8:07 PM

But Dee says that the swords corrupt the mind and you need to train your aura before even touching the swords. This happens in the Sorceress when he has all 4 of the swords together

Quote    Reply   

#548 [url]

Aug 27 11 8:11 PM

yes at his enoch enterprises. he sings a song with all four swords and also the codex. also only josh and dee seem willing to touch the swords. dare scatty germain and joan wont touch it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#549 [url]

Aug 27 11 8:56 PM

Probably because Josh does not know of the power and Dee wants power and they are called the Swords of Power

Quote    Reply   

#550 [url]

Aug 28 11 2:21 AM

true. but i think they are from the time before time

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#551 [url]

Aug 28 11 3:17 AM

Makes sense did it say that the swords existed before the Eartholords?

Quote    Reply   

#552 [url]

Aug 28 11 5:28 PM

ya i think so. was there a race before the earthlords? nidhogg came befor them

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#553 [url]

Aug 28 11 5:36 PM

QUOTE (torcleader @ August 28, 2011 05:28 pm)
ya i think so. was there a race before the earthlords? nidhogg came befor them

Michael has not mentioned a race before the Earthlords, but lets get back in the Sword discussion since we are straying flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#554 [url]

Aug 28 11 7:44 PM

Sorry moviebuff but I just gotta clear up one thing for torcleader. It says in the book that nidhogg and its kin were newly hatched when Cernunnos walked the earth

Quote    Reply   

#555 [url]

Aug 28 11 7:45 PM

I suppose it depends on what you define as a "race" but that's off topic.

QUOTE (Artillery @ August 28 2011 04:17 am)
Makes sense did it say that the swords existed before the Eartholords?

Well that depends on your interpretation of this quote from the Necromancer, but I think it's quite clear(solely from this quote) that they did exist before the Earthlords, or at least at the same time.
And with the warmth and the chill came the memories, terrible, terrifying memories of a time before the humani, of a time when the Elders ruled
the earth, and then beyond, to the world of the Archons; and before them, to the Ancients; and back further, to the Time Before Time, when the
Earthlords ruled .
Memories of the four great swords of power …
… of their creation …
… and their powers …
… and why they had been separated …
… and why they must never be brought together …

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#556 [url]

Aug 28 11 10:31 PM

oh okay. so the swords might have come from archon or earthlords. they could be archon technology

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#557 [url]

Aug 28 11 10:48 PM

Well probably not the Archons. It goes Earthlords, Ancients, Archons, Great Elders, Elders, Next Generation. So it's more likely to be Ancients than Archons, but then again, Cernunnos claimed he created them so it's unclear.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#559 [url]

Aug 29 11 6:35 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 09, 2009 11:30 am)
As far as ive found when researching the swords, most were names of swords synonymous with clarent and excalibur or were swords of fire and ice which id imagine are the same as clarent and excalibur, of the few that werent i didnt (as of yet) find any affiliation with the elements. I was a little confused by that line in the magician as there isnt a whole lot of information on the remaining swords that arent linked to clarent and exaclibur, and i had trouble linking the few left to the elements (if the remaining two are even linked to elements, which i imagine they are) I often wonder if the two remaining swords have even been been named in the series thus far... would MS really make it that easy on us? flamelssecret/idk.gif

I'm new to this so sorry if I do this wrong but I just read this part and felt I had to share.

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif In the fourth book, while Josh is still under Mars' control he touches the table with all 4 swords on it and it says, and I quote:

"Particles of ice sparkled across Excalibur (Not a surprise) and red-black smoke drifted off Clarent (Again not a suprise); gritty brown sand formed on Joyeuse's blade(so that's the sword of earth), and Durendal's surface rippled as if a chill breeze were blowing across it(the sword of air!)."

flamelssecret/clap3.gif YAY! My first post! The end.

Ora Color: Deep Dark PurpleOra Sent: Old books

Quote    Reply   

#560 [url]

Aug 29 11 8:38 PM

yes. i read through the book and found it. interesting. NOW i know all names of the four blades

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help