Remove this ad

#521 [url]

Aug 24 11 2:00 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ October 18, 2009 01:33 pm)
While we're discussing the Swords, some things I've noticed, particularly in the Sorceress -

- Gilgamesh mentions that the two swords power together could destroy the world
- Josh, in his vision of Stonehenge sees a then as of yet unchanged Cerneunos wielding "a plain, unmarked grey stone blade" (not sure of exact quote, not by my book right now)) - is it possible he was using the fused blade (which has a similar description when Dee fuses them)? If so, a hint to its power - making Stonehenge?!?
- Exclariantbur seems to have some immediate healing powers of some sort  - Dee is healed once he makes it.

And now, a question or few - Does Excarinatbur have fire powers or ice/water? Both? Neither?

Finally, I'm not entirely sure Joyeucuse is Excalibur - seeing as when Nick presents Josh with Clarent, he asks if that blade is Joyecuse - to which Scatty then says that it isn't. Seeing as Josh, Nick, and Scatty all know Dee has Excalibur, then it would be inherintly obvious even to Josh that it isn't Excalibur - implying Joyecuse is indeed a separate blade. Also, Scatty says in book 1 that she though Excalibur lost when "Artorius threw it into the lake" - which would seem to contradict the fact that the last blade used in the world of men was when Charlemange used Joyecuse - so its defiantly a different sword. (And I'm inclined to think its Air). Is it possible that the other 2 blades also have a light/dark aspect like Excalibur/Clarent?

Alright, i think that's enough from me for right now....

I found this link.

**Please do not post unapproved links. You must have links approved by a member of the staff first. Thanks. kris/dreaming**

I'm wondering where the information came for the fifth sword Ragnell? Do they know something about the last book we don't?

To be honest it makes more sense to have 5 swords as there are five Pagan elements. The fifth element though is supposed to be spirit/aether which links the other four. Perhaps it means that ultimately they will join to become one sword.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#522 [url]

Aug 24 11 4:10 PM

QUOTE (Cormac @ August 22, 2011 04:09 pm)
Something that I don't understand about the swords, and which inclines me not to agree with the idea of the 5th sword, is why are there 4 elemental swords? I mean, the elements are magical, or at least that's the impression that I got from the books, but neither the archons or the Earthlords used magic, so regardless of who created them, why would they make them elemental? I can understand that maybe the swords are just advanced technology, not magical, but aren't they supposed to have auras (not sure about this, just building on what moviebuff said, up a bit) which again suggests magic. If they are not magical, simply based on the elements because that's what the creators decided on, then it wouldn't really make sense for there to be a sword of aether, as the idea that the four elements must be mastered before mastering aether is definitely magical.

When Cernunnos visited Dee in a thoughtform, Dee believed that the Archon was using aura, but Cernunnos claimed it was technology. This lead me to believe that there are some elements that can be both magic and technology. The crystal skulls create some sort of scrying and they are Archon technology.

While for Elders and Humani the aura is something to make magic, maybe to the Archons, the Ancients and the Earthlords was just another from of energy that could be manipulated and harnessed.

And like it has been said, the elements are natural, not magical.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#523 [url]

Aug 25 11 4:42 AM

QUOTE (Cormac @ August 22, 2011 09:09 pm)
Someone mentioned a couple of pages back that Clarent was probably the same as the other blades in the beginning, but what it was used for, and who it was used by, changed it to the blade it is today. That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me because The Witch of Endor couldn't destroy the Crystal Skulls except by throwing them into a volcano, and that was only Archon technology, the Earthlords appear to be even more advanced so how could someon's aura alter an object that is virtually impossible to destroy? Then again maybe the power of auras can alter them, I just don't believe so.

To bring up a relation between the swords and the crystal skulls. The skulls take memories but also give. Clarent could easily share feelings, emotions, and memories and letting the wielder to manipulate the sword.

Aura Color: Forest Green
Aura Scent: Fire
Magics: Fire and Air, Sorcery and Transformation
To have a beginning everything must have an end.

Quote    Reply   

#524 [url]

Aug 26 11 7:56 PM

that is a great theory but then they also say in the books in the magician by scatty that the sword was like the crystal skulls that my grandmother had worked so hard to destroy.

user posted image
Aura Color:Fire Orange Aura Scent:Cayenne Elements: Fire Air Water Specialtys: Alchemy, Sorcerry and imaginatourie

Quote    Reply   

#525 [url]

Aug 26 11 8:01 PM

So maybe they were Archon technology? Or Zephaniah just thought they were

Quote    Reply   

#526 [url]

Aug 26 11 8:02 PM

ya maybe. nicholas had argued that he didnt want to destroy it because it was mor ancient than even the elder race . HE said that in the magician

user posted image
Aura Color:Fire Orange Aura Scent:Cayenne Elements: Fire Air Water Specialtys: Alchemy, Sorcerry and imaginatourie

Quote    Reply   

#527 [url]

Aug 26 11 8:16 PM

Yeah. I doubt that was his only reason though.

Quote    Reply   

#528 [url]

Aug 26 11 8:20 PM

maybe somebody told him to keep it? someone with something silver? someone with something missing and something has replaced it?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#529 [url]

Aug 26 11 8:43 PM

Maybe Marethyu did tell him or do you know this for a fact?

Quote    Reply   

#530 [url]

Aug 26 11 8:46 PM

just a guess. but the main characters of the book seemed to have a lot of contact with him.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#531 [url]

Aug 26 11 8:53 PM

Yeah I doubt it's a coincidence. Probably when he sold the Codex to Nicholas he asked about the sword.

Quote    Reply   

#532 [url]

Aug 26 11 9:26 PM

QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ August 24, 2011 06:10 pm)

When Cernunnos visited Dee in a thoughtform, Dee believed that the Archon was using aura, but Cernunnos claimed it was technology. This lead me to believe that there are some elements that can be both magic and technology. The crystal skulls create some sort of scrying and they are Archon technology.

While for Elders and Humani the aura is something to make magic, maybe to the Archons, the Ancients and the Earthlords was just another from of energy that could be manipulated and harnessed.

Expanding on this, what if the only difference between magic and technology/science is the approach - if it is treated as violating the laws of nature, as something mystical, it is magic, but if it is researched scientifically, it is science.
QUOTE (torcleader @ August 26, 2011 09:56 pm)
that is a great theory but then they also say in the books in the magician by scatty that the sword was like the crystal skulls that my grandmother had worked so hard to destroy.

She probably referred to both being powerful and ancient artifacts, not the similarities in the way they work.

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

#533 [url]

Aug 26 11 9:30 PM

That is a great theory Ancient. That does make me think about science a little bit more of it's range.

Because auras are real and you can see them so that's something that can be treated as magic but also as science because of the electromagnetic field making your aura.

Quote    Reply   

#534 [url]

Aug 26 11 9:48 PM

QUOTE (Ancient @ August 26, 2011 10:26 pm)
QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ August 24, 2011 06:10 pm)

Expanding on this, what if the only difference between magic and technology/science is the approach - if it is treated as violating the laws of nature, as something mystical, it is magic, but if it is researched scientifically, it is science.

Well that is possible, and quite a nice theory. But it would seem to me that the fact that a distinction has been made kind of separates the two, in my opinion. I think that a vimana which flies without any obvious power source would be considered against nature. AS well as this quote from the Warlock
QUOTE (Tsagaglalal @ The Warlock)
Using forbidden Archon lore, Abraham made me immortal

Immortality is definitely against the laws of nature.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#535 [url]

Aug 26 11 10:52 PM

What if it's not the laws of nature that we know of?

Quote    Reply   

#536 [url]

Aug 26 11 10:59 PM

I suppose, the Archons are immortal so they probably would consider immortality within the laws of nature. The question is were they always immortal? They could have managed to turn themselves immortal. If that is the case then it isn't in the laws of nature.

That aside, if immortality is in the laws of nature, as is flight without a power source, what's outside the laws of nature?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#537 [url]

Aug 26 11 11:20 PM

Not much because if you think about it everything comes back to nature. Maybe raising the dead? Because that is really out of the laws of nature.

Quote    Reply   

#539 [url]

Aug 26 11 11:45 PM

Immortality is lengthening your life not reincarnating dead bodies

Quote    Reply   

#540 [url]

Aug 26 11 11:57 PM

Just realised we're straying off topic. So do we think the swords are magical or just incredible technology?

(And I would have thought that maybe the Archons could reincarnate people.)

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help