Remove this ad

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#21 [url]

Oct 19 09 8:24 PM

But if they want to be merge then how do we explain Clarent and Excaliburs painful resistance to each other with Josh - could it be due to his inexperience handling them and therefore not knowing how to protect himself? Or that their opposition wasn't originally intended by grew over time from the owners?

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#22 [url]

Oct 19 09 8:48 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ October 19, 2009 04:24 pm)
But if they want to be merge then how do we explain Clarent and Excaliburs painful resistance to each other with Josh - could it be due to his inexperience handling them and therefore not knowing how to protect himself? Or that their opposition wasn't originally intended by grew over time from the owners?

I didn't read that as they were opposed to each other, but the opposite. Their powers surged when they were together. I wasn't surprised at the end of the book because of the scene when Josh held both swords and he couldn't let go. I thought then that the swords were always trying to merge. It was even said that the swords would lead you to the other.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Oct 19 09 11:22 PM

I think that the two other swords will come into play. I believe that Scatty's sister has one of them or maybe both. I don't think that the swords will fuse into one whole sword. Aether is odd. Im not sure how to exactly describe it other than aura. I think aether is an extension of the aura. Not the point though. I think the other Archons will come into play and claim there swords. So anyway Sophie and Josh are the twins and the swords are guardians. Not teachers as i thoughht before. If they do become the masters of the book and turn the world into a paradisethey will each have a sword at thier side

Aura Dark Green
Scent After the rain
Magics mastered: Earth
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#24 [url]

Oct 20 09 4:03 AM

I'm on the same page w/ Godsrych here, the swords have nothing to do with the prophecy at all. Let me just add, however, that Cernunnos implied in the Sorceress that both Clarent and Excalibur were his and he made a deal w/ Dee to get both duing the battle at Pallly's Fort.
also that the sword were indeed trying to merge when Josh held both. It might have been some sort of magnetism that he mistook for something else. had he tried to put the two together he might have successfully merged the swords.

on Joyeuse and Excalibur being the same blade... Josh ask Nick if it was Joyeuse he was presenting him, it could have been a common mistake, since he twin sword Excalubur and Clarent are so much alike the only differece is the hilts. thus implying that exalibur and Joyeuse are one, as previously discussed on the previous page.

@feydaykin: Dee already mentioned at the f book 3 that he now has all the elemental swords. the only thing missing in his collection before was CLarent.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Oct 21 09 12:32 AM

oh must have missed that so i think we've pretty much made clear the swords are not the twins of the prophecy. I do think that they are important because if not why is dee so obsessed with them. As for that matter why is he? I know they are very powerful but what do they have to do with his cause, the return of the Dark Elders? Maybe they are needed for the final summoning? It would make sense. If every shadow realm came into alignment wouldnt you need a place that is completely balanced with the 5 elements? Each elder probably has a certain type of elemental magic they favor Hekate earth Prometheus fire so maybe they need a place that is magically equivalent. I think it would be around (cant find proper name cuz got Sorceress out of library) one of the things that Scatty and Joan disappeared into. Imagine a sqaure with one of thise spires at the center. At each corner there isa sword impaled into the ground. Stuck into the spire is a fifth sword. I think that within that square is where the Dark Elders would return.

Aura Dark Green
Scent After the rain
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Oct 21 09 2:12 AM

QUOTE (feydaykin1495 @ October 20, 2009 08:32 pm)
I do think that they are important because if not why is dee so obsessed with them. As for that matter why is he? I know they are very powerful but what do they have to do with his cause, the return of the Dark Elders? Maybe they are needed for the final summoning?

I'm not sure who exactly started this theory, but someone here on the forums suggested that Dee might use Exclarentibur (hehe, I LOVE that) to defend himself from the wrath of the Dark Elders, whom he has failed yet again. I mean, Clarent and Excalibur, even separated, were very powerful swords. When combined, well...

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#27 [url]

Oct 21 09 2:32 AM

...when combined, they have the power to destroy the world, so sayeth Shakespeare in the Sorceress. A couple Dark Elders shouldn't be a problem.

"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#28 [url]

Oct 21 09 6:00 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ October 21, 2009 02:12 am)
QUOTE (feydaykin1495 @ October 20, 2009 08:32 pm)
I do think that they are important because if not why is dee so obsessed with them. As for that matter why is he? I know they are very powerful but what do they have to do with his cause, the return of the Dark Elders? Maybe they are needed for the final summoning?

I'm not sure who exactly started this theory, but someone here on the forums suggested that Dee might use Exclarentibur (hehe, I LOVE that) to defend himself from the wrath of the Dark Elders, whom he has failed yet again. I mean, Clarent and Excalibur, even separated, were very powerful swords. When combined, well...

of course the swords are important that's why we learn a bit of them in every book.

At the moment, the theory that Dee will use it/them to defend himself is reasonable. but he has been looking for them for centuries and I doubt that he ever thought he'd fail his masters. I think he wanted the swords to gain a firmer grip on the world once he becomes master of it as promised by his Elders

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#29 [url]

Oct 21 09 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ October 21, 2009 01:00 am)

of course the swords are important that's why we learn a bit of them in every book.

At the moment, the theory that Dee will use it/them to defend himself is reasonable. but he has been looking for them for centuries and I doubt that he ever thought he'd fail his masters. I think he wanted the swords to gain a firmer grip on the world once he becomes master of it as promised by his Elders

agreed the swords are very important, however i think dee wants them for more than just power, i imagine all 4 swords together have some kind of ability or special power that dee is ultimately after, and im sure it will provide more than just protection. Maybe he needs the 4 swords to help him raise the mother of the gods. If she is in fact an archon and all the swords are archon technology, it leads me to think that the swords might somehow play a role in that.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Oct 22 09 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 21, 2009 08:16 am)
[QUOTE=Moviebuff,October 21, 2009 01:00 am]

Maybe he needs the 4 swords to help him raise the mother of the gods. If she is in fact an archon and all the swords are archon technology, it leads me to think that the swords might somehow play a role in that.

just asking where did the mother of the gods thing come in?

Aura Dark Green
Scent After the rain
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#31 [url]

Oct 22 09 1:49 AM

In the recently released inside cover summary to The Necromancer. Check it out on Amazon, or elsewhere on the forums (try "The Cover" thread in The Necromancer section).

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#32 [url]

Oct 22 09 6:41 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 21, 2009 12:16 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff @ October 21, 2009 01:00 am)

agreed the swords are very important, however i think dee wants them for more than just power, i imagine all 4 swords together have some kind of ability or special power that dee is ultimately after, and im sure it will provide more than just protection. Maybe he needs the 4 swords to help him raise the mother of the gods. If she is in fact an archon and all the swords are archon technology, it leads me to think that the swords might somehow play a role in that.

I'm thinking Dee's plan for raising the Mother of the Gods is a recent development. like i said i doubt he ever thought he would fail his masters. but I agree, with all the elemental swords in his possession who knows what powers he has now. ultimitely though, i think he wanted the swords for his dreams of world domination, with the swords he can kill any Elder that might thwart him

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Oct 22 09 10:28 AM

We all know from the books so far that the swords are powerful, and I was thinking... if the swords are slightly elemental (excalibur: ice (water), clarent: lava (fire)) then what are the chances that together he can make lay-gates, literally rip the fabric of matter apart to form a lay-gate that goes through time rather than distance???

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#34 [url]

Oct 22 09 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ October 22, 2009 01:41 am)

I'm thinking Dee's plan for raising the Mother of the Gods is a recent development. like i said i doubt he ever thought he would fail his masters. but I agree, with all the elemental swords in his possession who knows what powers he has now. ultimitely though, i think he wanted the swords for his dreams of world domination, with the swords he can kill any Elder that might thwart him

I agree Dee wants them for his own personal use and collection but im willing to bet he knows that possessing all 4 swords means something big and powerful, and he may even know what power the swords together hold. He is a well read and very smart guy, he has amassed a lot of knowledge, and im guessing the reason he wanted all 4 swords is because of the power they have, and what he might be able to do with them.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#35 [url]

Oct 22 09 12:15 PM

QUOTE (feydaykin1495 @ October 21, 2009 08:08 pm)
[QUOTE=Spacecadet,October 21, 2009 08:16 am] [QUOTE=Moviebuff,October 21, 2009 01:00 am]

Maybe he needs the 4 swords to help him raise the mother of the gods. If she is in fact an archon and all the swords are archon technology, it leads me to think that the swords might somehow play a role in that. [/QUOTE]
just asking where did the mother of the gods thing come in?

You can find it on the Necromancer page of the Main Portal site -

http://www.flamels-immortal-portal.com/books/necromancer/

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#36 [url]

Oct 23 09 4:46 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 22, 2009 12:14 pm)
I agree Dee wants them for his own personal use and collection but im willing to bet he knows that possessing all 4 swords means something big and powerful, and he may even know what power the swords together hold. He is a well read and very smart guy, he has amassed a lot of knowledge, and im guessing the reason he wanted all 4 swords is because of the power they have, and what he might be able to do with them.

agreed. the question now is, how powerfull are the sword together and what powers do they have?

can't wait to learn more about the other two swords

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 23 09 9:38 PM

i think dee knows alot about the swords he been trying to find them for a long time so he probly knows close to everything about them including about this new combination of excalibur and clarenit so i do think that he will use this power to bring back the mother of gods or they are involved in so major way

user posted image
fire is the best magic and alchemy is the best science

aura: yellow
scent: ink
Elemental Magic: fire
type of spell caster: warlock/alchemist

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Oct 27 09 3:50 AM

I think that if you have the swords it is as powerful as master the magics and more power ful if you can use a sword. When josh used clarent it turn the tial to harden when sophie did nothing happend so all together the sword it is like mastering the magics.Dee has found all his swords look at his power now . hahahaa lol.

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

kh009

Spellcaster

#39 [url]

Oct 27 09 5:11 AM

i hope we learn more about the swords because i think the combined sword will try to destory the world (the two that are one) and sopie and josh working together will save it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#40 [url]

Nov 2 09 3:42 PM

As after digging into charlemange (since he'd hidden clarent) I found out that he'd wielded Joyeuse,

Curtana/Cortana is the Sword of Mecry once weilded by Edward the Confessor of England. a notable quality of this sword is the blades material, similar to that of two swords previously mentioned - Joyeuse and Durendal.

I found out that both Durendal and Curtana belonged to the apprentices of Charlemange.

Curtana was wielded by Ogier the Dane a paladin of Charlemange. (as i've read by edward the confessor to)
Durendal was wielded by Roland Also one of Charlemange's Paladins and was also used by Hector of troy.

Curtana also has an discription crafted in its blade.

[I]My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal.[U]

And isn't it intresting that Charlemange at that time would have had 3 swords of power only missing the 4th one.

As tyrfing is called to be a cursed sword who brings death to his wielder that must be clarent.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the story though

user posted image

Aura: White/green tinted
Scent: Grass

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help