Remove this ad

#381 [url]

Oct 27 11 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 26, 2011 10:51 am)
Here's what Perenelle said about saving Nicholas:
QUOTE (The Warlock Chapter 38)
"I didn't do it for you. I did it for purely selfish reasons."
"I did it for me. I did not want to live a day without you."

Well, that was what I call eternal love.. That's what I love about my Perenelle.

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#382 [url]

Mar 31 12 4:28 PM

Perenelle Flamel is amazingly powerful. Dee is no match for her ultimate power. If compared to Nicholas and Dee, I think the 2 of them will be kicked out. Perenelle is just so strong and amazing. Its proven by the way she can actualy force other colors into her original aura flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Aura Color : Red and Black Aura Scent : Mint,Coffee and Vanilla

[QUOTE]with imagination, anything is possible.

Aura color : [COLOR=orange][COLOR=orange] tinted with yellow[COLOR=yellow]
Aura scent : Bananas[COLOR=yellow] and Citrus[COLOR=orange]

Quote    Reply   

#383 [url]

Mar 31 12 4:32 PM

I agree she is amazingly powerful. Although not quite so reckless as Dee I, too, believe that she could overpower him.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#385 [url]

Jun 12 12 6:10 AM

Perenelle survived!! Yay!
I will always love Perry, and I actually would have cried if she died. I've never been more attached to characters than I have in these books and I don't know if you will read this, but if you do, thankyou SO much Mr. Scott flamelssecret/clap3.gif

I was quite surprised that we didn't see any more of the black aura though. I was really looking forward to finding out if Perenelle actually had one, and if so, how. ( I should probaly ask that in the questions thread )

Back to Perry, did anyone else notice the order in which Perry, Nick and Machiavelli fell while trying to awaken Areop - Enap ( I don't know how to spell that ). You would think, that seeing the she and Nicholas are about to die and Machiavelli is not, that he would be the last one standing. But no, it was Perry. And the only reason she stopped was because the other two had.
I still don't think we have seen the full extent of her powers...

Aura colour: Aqua
Aura scent: Sea Breeze

Quote    Reply   

#386 [url]

Jul 20 12 10:44 PM

I have a giant question about Perenelle that I seriously can't find the answer to in any of the books. What is her auric scent?

Aura color: Copper Aura scent: Old pennies

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#387 [url]

Jul 21 12 2:28 AM

Oh, I can answer that. It says in the series that she has no aural scent. An example is in the Warlock when Sophie is talking to Perenelle and Tsagaglal and smells Jasmone, when their auras flare up, while it states that Perenelle has no aural sent. It makes similar statements throughout the series.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#388 [url]

Jul 21 12 3:10 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 20, 2012 09:28 pm)
Oh, I can answer that. It says in the series that she has no aura. An example is in the Warlock when Sophie is talking to Perenelle and Tsagaglal and smells Jasmone, when their auras flare up, while it states that Perenelle has no aural sent. It makes similar statements throughout the series.

actually she has an aura, its white, and she layers it with many colors. but you are right i don;t think her aura has a scent because there are several references to her odorless aura when she uses magic.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#389 [url]

Jul 21 12 1:25 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 21, 2012 03:10 am)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 20, 2012 09:28 pm)
Oh, I can answer that. It says in the series that she has no aura. An example is in the Warlock when Sophie is talking to Perenelle and Tsagaglal and smells Jasmone, when their auras flare up, while it states that Perenelle has no aural sent. It makes similar statements throughout the series.

actually she has an aura, its white, and she layers it with many colors. but you are right i don;t think her aura has a scent because there are several references to her odorless aura when she uses magic.

Oh, yeah, I meant to say that she has no aural scent, sorry. Thank you for correcting me.

Quote    Reply   

Klio

#390 [url]

Jul 21 12 3:15 PM

So we can all agree that Perenelle has no aura scent, and that's why I'm confused about this: today I saw your discussion about her aura scent, and remembered something I read yesterday in The Enchantress. In the 'Charackter Profiles' in the front of the book, it says:

Perry can see ghosts and her magical aura is white, without a specific scent.
I've just checked something again: specific is the english word for spezifisch, genau, gezielt, bestimmt. (I'm german) So, it would mean she has an aura scent but it's not specific. And I don't get that! Does that mean she has an aura scent and you just can't determine it? Or is that equal with not having an aura scent? I'm confused, can anybody help me? :/

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#391 [url]

Jul 21 12 3:32 PM

QUOTE (Klio @ July 21, 2012 03:15 pm)
  In the 'Charackter Profiles' in the front of the book, it says:

I believe that this simply means that she has no scent, as she is enver shown to have one. However, as the series shows that one can choose their aural scents, it seems that Perenelle chooses not to have a scent, but that occassionally she may choose one, only to go back to being scentless soon after, hence the specific part of the quote that you mentioned.
Also, I have the e-book format, so My copy does not have charcter profiles, but I believe that my interpretation is the best way to explain it. However, if anyone else has an idea, please post it, because I, too, do not completely understand this.

Quote    Reply   

Klio

#392 [url]

Jul 25 12 4:29 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 21, 2012 03:32 pm)
QUOTE (Klio @ July 21, 2012 03:15 pm)
  In the 'Charackter Profiles' in the front of the book, it says:

I believe that this simply means that she has no scent, as she is enver shown to have one. However, as the series shows that one can choose their aural scents, it seems that Perenelle chooses not to have a scent, but that occassionally she may choose one, only to go back to being scentless soon after, hence the specific part of the quote that you mentioned.
Also, I have the e-book format, so My copy does not have charcter profiles, but I believe that my interpretation is the best way to explain it. However, if anyone else has an idea, please post it, because I, too, do not completely understand this.

Yes, I think at the moment that's the best way to interpret the quote. But theres still a question: Why is she choosing a scent and not leaving it at one constant? But for me it's the only question to ask, so very good idea. Oh, and it would be very good too if anybody could help with that quote.
Little Edit before posting:
Just came something in my mind: If I remember correctly, Gold and Silver Auras can't change their scent, so maybe there is a connection between scent and purity. And that brings me to my theory:
With climbing purity of the aura it gets harder to change the scent. Gold and Silver are to pure to change it; and White is just at the limit for changing the scent. Maybe that could be an answer for Perenelle having no aura scent, but I'm not sure about it. Could anybody help, please?

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#393 [url]

Jul 25 12 5:01 PM

QUOTE (Klio @ July 25, 2012 04:29 pm)
But there's still a question: Why is she choosing a scent and not leaving it at one constant?

Most likely because her tastes change, and she decides that she does not like a particular scent. Either that, or she likes it being odorless because she believes that this will help her remain hidden, as there is no scent that can be used to identify her. If this is true, then there is the question why Nicholas did not do the same. I mean, it has been statd that Perenelle wanted to fight, and Nicholas wanted to hide, which is strange considering Nicholas has an odor and Perenelle does not. The most likely reaspn for this that I can think of is that Perenelle wanted to protect Nicholas, so that if Nicholas's aura is smelled, but not Perenelle's, anyone tracking them might think Nicholas is alone, and then be suprised and defeated by Perenelle whom they had thought was elsewere. Also, it could be so that when they perform magic together, only mint is smelled, but the aural power is very strong, too strong for one person, making people think that Nicholas alone is much more powerful than he actually is, and making them more cautious, giving the Flamel's more time to escape.
I do not know, just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif worth

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#394 [url]

Jul 25 12 6:20 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 12:01 pm)
But there's still a question: Why is she choosing a scent and not leaving it at one constant?

Most likely because her tastes change, and she decides that she does not like a particular scent. Either that, or she likes it being odorless because she believes that this will help her remain hidden, as there is no scent that can be used to identify her. If this is true, then there is the question why Nicholas did not do the same. I mean, it has been statd that Perenelle wanted to fight, and Nicholas wanted to hide, which is strange considering Nicholas has an odor and Perenelle does not. The most likely reaspn for this that I can think of is that Perenelle wanted to protect Nicholas, so that if Nicholas's aura is smelled, but not Perenelle's, anyone tracking them might think Nicholas is alone, and then be suprised and defeated by Perenelle whom they had thought was elsewere. Also, it could be so that when they perform magic together, only mint is smelled, but the aural power is very strong, too strong for one person, making people think that Nicholas alone is much more powerful than he actually is, and making them more cautious, giving the Flamel's more time to escape.

I agree i think she probably chose to remain odorless to hide better. However I'm guessing not everyone does this because its a difficult thing to do. I imagine she possibly does have a scent but like her aura may have been able to mask it to hide. I do think that Perry has spent more time studying magic and probably knows a lot more than Nick so I'd imagine its a skill she learned and Nick did not. Its also possible that its a product of her being a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#395 [url]

Jul 25 12 6:23 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 25, 2012 06:20 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 12:01 pm)

I agree i think she probably chose to remain odorless to hide better. However I'm guessing not everyone does this because its a difficult thing to do. I imagine she possibly does have a scent but like her aura may have been able to mask it to hide. I do think that Perry has spent more time studying magic and probably knows a lot more than Nick so I'd imagine its a skill she learned and Nick did not. Its also possible that its a product of her being a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter.

True, very true. It may also be another way of staying invisible to unwanted spiritual intruders. That is why she colored her aura instead of leaving it her natural ice white.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help