Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Nov 21 10 5:02 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 27, 2010 04:02 pm)
QUOTE (Papa Pat @ August 27, 2010 09:55 am)
Using Google Earth (or Google Maps, which can be easier), search for

51 Rue de Montmorency Paris France

Go to street view and click the camera icon closest to the crosshairs.

Everyone will get a good look at this when I post the Tracing The Magician pics soon.

Ooh, Can't wait! Where was Germain's house again???

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#82 [url]

Nov 22 10 3:40 PM

QUOTE (JuLiSsA2 @ November 21, 2010 12:02 pm)

On Hard To Find Street just passed Nearly Impossible Avenue! lol

flamelssecret/faint.gif

#83 [url]

Nov 24 10 9:58 AM

it is at the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.. Good reading people

user posted image
Aura color: Lime Green Aura Scent: Burnt Corpses Elements Masterd : Fire & Water
I have recieved the gift of foresight

- Before all else, be armed.
Niccolo Machiavelli

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#84 [url]

Nov 24 10 3:04 PM

QUOTE (N. Machiavelli 3/5/1469 @ November 24, 2010 04:58 am)

Awesome... Whats the building number again?

#85 [url]

Nov 24 10 11:18 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 22, 2010 03:40 pm)
QUOTE (JuLiSsA2 @ November 21, 2010 12:02 pm)

On Hard To Find Street just passed Nearly Impossible Avenue! lol

flamelssecret/faint.gif

Haha. Mock my hoplessness, I'm watching you hitman

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

#86 [url]

Nov 25 10 9:48 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 24, 2010 03:04 pm)
QUOTE (N. Machiavelli 3/5/1469 @ November 24, 2010 04:58 am)

Awesome... Whats the building number again?

hmm.. You got me there.. I just know the street. I`ll search it if I get home I`m now at school

user posted image
Aura color: Lime Green Aura Scent: Burnt Corpses Elements Masterd : Fire & Water
I have recieved the gift of foresight

- Before all else, be armed.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Sorcerer

#87 [url]

Dec 5 10 10:24 PM

Avenue des Champs-Élysées is one of the most famous streets in france. on it has so many expensive designer stores that i cannot afford (louis vuitton, etc.) It leads up to le Arc de Triomphe.

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

#88 [url]

Jan 2 11 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ August 27, 2010 02:55 pm)
Using Google Earth (or Google Maps, which can be easier), search for

51 Rue de Montmorency Paris France

Go to street view and click the camera icon closest to the crosshairs.

You'll find yourself in a narrow street, behind a white truck. As the view approaches this spot, you'll see a purple sign on your right that reads "Hypso".

At this point, you might need to back up and see if you can get closer to that white truck.

When you're right behind the truck, turn to your right. You'll see a stone facade on a building, with some REALLY old writing (in archaic French) carved in it. Look up at about the second story level. There you'll see two signs on the front of the building. The one on the right tells the story:

MAISON DE NICOLAS FLAMEL ET DE PERNELLE SA FEMME.

(Home of Nic(h)olas Flamel, and of Per(e)nelle, his wife.)

This is what brought a lot of the story home to me. It's less than a mile from Notre Dame, as the crow - or raven - flies; a bit further by walking - past Rue Pernelle and the necessary detour to the intersection with Rue Nicolas Flamel.

I showed this to the sixth graders at the school where I read Alchemyst/Magician/Sorceress last year; they were impressed with it, and even more so when I produced the online menu for the Auberge. I've never studied French; fortunately, one of the "real" teachers could help.

That inscription in archaic French reads: "Nous homes et femes laboureurs demourans ou porche de ceste maison qui fut faite en l'an de grâce mil quatre cens et sept somes tenus chascun en droit soy dire tous les jours une paternostre et un ave maria en priant Dieu que sa grâce face pardon aus povres pescheurs trespasses Amen".

This version of French is so old that Google Language Tools can't really do much with it. It does state that the house was built in "the year of grace one thousand four hundred and seven". The English language changes over time. So, apparently, does French!

"Nous homes et femes laboureurs demourans ou porche de ceste maison qui fut faite en l'an de grâce mil quatre cens et sept somes tenus chascun en droit soy dire tous les jours une paternostre et un ave maria en priant Dieu que sa grâce face pardon aus povres pescheurs trespasses Amen".
Can I say how much Latin may also be involved in this???
Probably a lot.
Nice job!

Annuit cœptis
Aura color: orangeAura smell: peachesfavorite element:water, earth

Zero

Apprentice

#89 [url]

Jan 9 11 9:36 AM

this is really well done, i would not have the patience to make such a splendid collage of photographs

Aura Color: [TBA]
Aura Scent: Black Cherry (Changes sporadically)
Master of the Elements of Darkness and Shadow

"They say living well is the best revenge, but Stabbing works just as well"
user posted image

#90 [url]

Feb 18 11 9:52 PM

I agree, the patience used for this is admirable. Great work!

-Multiverse

"Let´s not get ahead of ourselves. Instead, why not get ahead of each other?"

Remove this ad

#91 [url]

Feb 24 11 10:08 PM

I wish I could go there in person and see the sights you saw.

"Not all who Wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
Aura Color: Navy Blue Aura Sent: Cocoa Butter

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#92 [url]

Mar 10 11 7:14 PM

As a volunteer, I can't access anything on the Internet from the school's computer system, so I tried forwarding this whole thread to the sixth-grade teacher to whose class I'm reading the series. And it WORKED!! I can use HER computer as long as she's logged on and gives permission.

Yesterday I walked the class through San Francisco and Ojai using these graphics and they were absolutely mesmerized. Suddenly it seems as if a switch has been activated in many of their heads; it's no longer just words - it's REAL!

One of the students has an aunt/uncle living in Ojai and has visited them several times. Her reaction to the shots of the covered promenade and the fountain was priceless: I'VE BEEN THERE!! She even had her own pictures which showed the fountain and the inscription a bit more clearly than the Google Earth photos. She's been a "believer" since we started - but now she's the student who's actually been there. Now she's regarded with just a wee bit of ... awe?

Hitman, you deserve at least an Oscar...but what can we call an award for Creative Excellence in Empowering a Book about Alchemy?

I suggest "Flamoogle". flamelssecret/clap3.gif

The teacher also has the link to your "The Magician" pictures. I'm just a little over halfway through because of snow days and such, so I won't be showing them until after the battle with Nidhogg, I think.

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#93 [url]

Mar 11 11 4:18 PM

Wow... I must say I never imagined that doing the walk-thru would have that kind of an impact for people!

Thank you SO much for posting this PapaPat! I am truly glad that I could help!

flamelssecret/bow.gif

And we can call it the CEEBA award for short!

#94 [url]

Apr 18 11 9:26 PM

I really enjoyed that trip through the Alchemyst Hitman. Keep up the good work. flamelssecret/bow.gif

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Jef

Sorcerer

#95 [url]

May 7 11 10:50 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics with us Hitmanls!
I'm really thankful
Now I can imagine everything better while reading too

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

#97 [url]

Jun 2 11 4:55 AM

An impressive and most agreeable post indeed!

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#98 [url]

Jul 1 11 5:54 PM

QUOTE (Silverpisces @ January 02, 2011 03:44 pm)
"Nous homes et femes laboureurs demourans ou porche de ceste maison qui fut faite en l'an de grâce mil quatre cens et sept somes tenus chascun en droit soy dire tous les jours une paternostre et un ave maria en priant Dieu que sa grâce face pardon aus povres pescheurs trespasses Amen".
Can I say how much Latin may also be involved in this???
Probably a lot.
Nice job!

Yes, probably a lot of Latin. Of course, ALL the "Romance" languages (Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, ROMANian and several other languages and dialects) are direct descendents of Latin. Latin was the language of Rome, hence ROMANce Languages.

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

#99 [url]

Sep 19 11 10:04 PM

i can hunt down the sorceress locations and ill let you know when ive got them all so i can put it in a new thread

Aura:PlatinumScent:caramel and fresh snow
Magics:Lightning,Luck
user posted image

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#100 [url]

Sep 19 11 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Altorca @ September 19, 2011 11:04 pm)
i can hunt down the sorceress locations and ill let you know when ive got them all so i can put it in a new thread

No need, Altorca thank you, we already have Hitman doing them.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help