Remove this ad

saphira243

Spellcaster

#61 [url]

Jun 17 10 7:46 PM

AWESOME!!!! yeah you should do the magician

user posted image
I am the Master of Night. I'm that feeling your being watched.
Aura color: Sapphire Aura scent: ice

Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Jun 18 10 12:05 AM

Have you found the place that could possibly be the bookshop yet? Anyone? I think I might have a good idea!

user posted image
"Everything has its own language"
-Paul Perry
Aura Color: Red
Aura Scent: Cloves

Calliope

Sorcerer

#63 [url]

Jun 27 10 5:39 AM

I only just got the chance to look at these pics... they are awesome! I hope you do end up photographing for The Magician....

As a side note, I looked up Coit Tower... it's beautiful.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Perseus

Spellcaster

#64 [url]

Jul 10 10 1:50 AM

wow good work! this defiantly changes the way ill think of the book now when i re-read it. this is extremely helpfull for me because i havent seen or even saw pictures of the golden bridge and places like ojai.

user posted image
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
Aura Color Maroon...... Aura Scent Ozone......Elemental: Aether

#66 [url]

Jul 15 10 5:50 AM

Wow Hitman! these are really awesome! the Fountain in Ojai was my favourite, thats almost exactly how I pictured it! Really looking forward to The Magician!

user posted image
Kitties are the BEST! <3

#67 [url]

Jul 20 10 8:11 PM

Tell me when you get the shadowrealms done!

user posted image
-Paul Perry

Elena

Immortal

#68 [url]

Jul 21 10 5:51 PM

QUOTE (morgorath12 @ July 20, 2010 11:11 pm)
Tell me when you get the shadowrealms done!

I believe he's still working on that! They can be a bit tricky! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

#70 [url]

Jul 21 10 8:01 PM

QUOTE (Sca_thach_Fan @ July 21, 2010 01:03 pm)
that is, if he comes back. flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif

I highly doubt that he will (TAPS plays in background)!

user posted image
-Paul Perry

Remove this ad

#71 [url]

Jul 27 10 5:04 PM

That's almost exactly how I pictured Ojai. A lot of white, but I always thought of the fountain as bigger.

QUOTE (morgorath12 @ June 18 @ 2010 12:05 am)

Have you found the place that could possibly be the bookshop yet? Anyone? I think I might have a good idea! 

I also found a place that I think may have been the spot the bookshop was based off of.

Please do not double post. You can edit you previous post and add you new comments there.

user posted image
Aura Color- Amethyst
Aura Scent- Plums
Magical Specialty- Alchemy
Elemental Specialties- Air and Water

#73 [url]

Aug 4 10 11:47 PM

Great job!

Someday, if I ever go to California, I'll travel Sophie and Josh's route just for the heck of it!

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

#75 [url]

Aug 5 10 11:48 PM

awesome pix!! they look much different than what I imagined!! but theyre really good!!

J*O*S*H*U*A

user posted image
Aura Colour: Platinum Aura Scent: Passion Flower

Fire Magic Surpassess All Other Elemantal Magic

#76 [url]

Aug 19 10 3:26 AM

QUOTE (Comté Saint Gérmain2010 @ August 05, 2010 11:48 pm)
awesome pix!! they look much different than what I imagined!! but theyre really good!!

J*O*S*H*U*A

I know!!!

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#77 [url]

Aug 27 10 2:55 PM

Using Google Earth (or Google Maps, which can be easier), search for

51 Rue de Montmorency Paris France

Go to street view and click the camera icon closest to the crosshairs.

You'll find yourself in a narrow street, behind a white truck. As the view approaches this spot, you'll see a purple sign on your right that reads "Hypso".

At this point, you might need to back up and see if you can get closer to that white truck.

When you're right behind the truck, turn to your right. You'll see a stone facade on a building, with some REALLY old writing (in archaic French) carved in it. Look up at about the second story level. There you'll see two signs on the front of the building. The one on the right tells the story:

MAISON DE NICOLAS FLAMEL ET DE PERNELLE SA FEMME.

(Home of Nic(h)olas Flamel, and of Per(e)nelle, his wife.)

This is what brought a lot of the story home to me. It's less than a mile from Notre Dame, as the crow - or raven - flies; a bit further by walking - past Rue Pernelle and the necessary detour to the intersection with Rue Nicolas Flamel.

I showed this to the sixth graders at the school where I read Alchemyst/Magician/Sorceress last year; they were impressed with it, and even more so when I produced the online menu for the Auberge. I've never studied French; fortunately, one of the "real" teachers could help.

That inscription in archaic French reads: "Nous homes et femes laboureurs demourans ou porche de ceste maison qui fut faite en l'an de grâce mil quatre cens et sept somes tenus chascun en droit soy dire tous les jours une paternostre et un ave maria en priant Dieu que sa grâce face pardon aus povres pescheurs trespasses Amen".

This version of French is so old that Google Language Tools can't really do much with it. It does state that the house was built in "the year of grace one thousand four hundred and seven". The English language changes over time. So, apparently, does French!

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#78 [url]

Aug 27 10 4:02 PM

QUOTE (Papa Pat @ August 27, 2010 09:55 am)
Using Google Earth (or Google Maps, which can be easier), search for

51 Rue de Montmorency Paris France

Go to street view and click the camera icon closest to the crosshairs.

Everyone will get a good look at this when I post the Tracing The Magician pics soon.

#79 [url]

Nov 4 10 8:55 PM

That was really well done! flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif I would not of thought of doing that. It would be cool to do for the rest of the series.

Aura: Green Smell: Fresh Cut Grass Elemental Magic(s): Earth

user posted image

#80 [url]

Nov 18 10 2:42 PM

I'm really curious to see pictures of "the Magician"

Aura color: Blue/ Crimson Red Aura scent: Pine needles/ Blood
Favourite element: Lightning (Water+Air+Earth+Fire+Ether) / Void (None of the elements)
I was awakened, but I am not alone in my body, there is something in me, something terrible, and it is angry

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help