Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Aug 26 09 7:47 PM

Tags : :

All the text below was taken directly from The Alchemyst. I used the specific parts to determine the exact locations mentioned in the book. They are also in the order that they appear in the book.

Most of the images below were taken from Google Maps and Google Street View.

At the bottom of the hill he paused, looking left and right, then abruptly turned to the left and headed into California Street.

user posted image
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Aug 26 09 7:48 PM

He turned to the left and led the twins into the heart of San Francisco's exotic Chinatown. They passed the Sam Wong Hotel.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Aug 26 09 7:48 PM

then turned right into a cramped back street, then immediately left into an even narrower alleyway.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Aug 26 09 7:49 PM

The red-haired girl had propped her chin on her fist and was staring through the darkened glass across the bay toward Alcatraz.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Flamel directed them north, toward Mill Valley and Mount Tamalpais, but they quickly left the highway and stuck to narrow two-lane roads. Traffic thinned out until there were long stretches where they were the only car in sight.  Finally, on a narrow road that curved and turned with sickening complexity, he had Josh slow almost to a crawl. He rolled down his window and peered out into a thick forest that came right up to the edge of the road. They had actually driven past the unmarked path before Flamel spotted it. Stop. Go back. Turn here.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

You're in the basement of the corporate headquarters of Enoch Enterprises, just to the west of Telegraph Hill. We got Coit Tower almost directly overhead, he added proudly.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Even for Bel Air, the area of L.A. renowned for its extravagant properties, the house was extraordinary. Vast and sprawling, built entirely of white travertine marble, and accessible only by a private road, it occupied a sixty-acre estate surrounded by a twelve-foot wall topped by an electric fence.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Aug 26 09 7:50 PM

The road curved to the right, and Ojai's long, straight main street appeared before him. He slowed as he passed the Psychic Boutique and the Ojai Playhouse.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Directly in front of him, to his right, a low, ornate white stone tower rose over the post office into the brilliant blue sky, while on the left, a row of shops
was set back from the road, sheltered beneath a row of white stone arches.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

And then a ship's horn, plaintive and lost, sounded in the distance. With a shiver, Perenelle suddenly knew where Dee s men had taken her: she was on the prison island of Alcatraz, The Rock.

user posted image

Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Aug 26 09 7:51 PM

Sophie and Josh crossed Ojai Avenue and stepped under the arched promenade that ran the length of the block. The temperature immediately dropped to a bearable level, and Sophie realized that her shirt was sticking to the small of her back, ice cold against her spine. They caught up with Nicholas Flamel, who had stopped in front of a small antiques shop

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Josh Newman sat by the long, low fountain in Libbey Park directly across from the antiques shop and stared into the water. Two flower-shaped bowls, one larger than the other, were set in the center of a circular pool. Water spouted from the top bowl and flowed over the sides into the larger bowl beneath. This in turn overflowed into the pool.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

There was a water fountain in a little nook before the entrance to the park, and he bent his head to drink. An ornamental metal lion's head was set into the wall over the fountain, and below it there was a small rectangular plaque with the words Love is the water of life, drink deeply.

user posted image

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Aug 28 09 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 26, 2009 05:25 pm)
OK, so that is really impressive. Brought back a lot of memories too!

Thank you.

Michael

No problem!! It was my pleasure!

I noticed that no one has been posting in here, so I thought I'd mention that this is an open topic! Feel free to post comments and/or all the adoration you please! lol

flamelssecret/read.gif

#16 [url]

Aug 28 09 9:33 PM

You must of a LOT of time on your hands...lol

All jokes aside, this is really awesome! You'll be doing this for the other books...right?

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

#17 [url]

Aug 28 09 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ August 28, 2009 05:33 pm)

All jokes aside, this is really awesome! You'll be doing this for the other books...right?

I hope...I assume the pics were taken from Google Maps/Earth?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Aug 31 09 5:43 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ August 28, 2009 04:33 pm)

Yes I fully plan on doing the other books as well... As time permits! lol

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help