Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 14 09 4:17 AM

I had a thought. Just a thought that Macha and Badb didn't help Perry when she was being attacked by the Old Man of the Sea, but they did help when Machiavelli and Billy came to Alcatraz, and they even parted with a hug. Now I'm not saying what the Crow Goddess' intentions really are, or how they might alter based on if/when the Morrigan returns, but IF The Crow Goddess did lean to Perry's side then that could imply that "the Queen's man" might also lean to Nicholas and Perry's side, in the defense of humanity, since the Queen's Man will be allied with the Crow. I like the idea of the Queen's Man fighting for humani.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Sep 14 09 4:36 AM

And depending on who the Queen's Man is...Dee, Machiavelli, or someone else, that could lead to a very interesting curve ball

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#23 [url]

Sep 14 09 6:48 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ September 14, 2009 04:17 am)
I had a thought. Just a thought that Macha and Badb didn't help Perry when she was being attacked by the Old Man of the Sea, but they did help when Machiavelli and Billy came to Alcatraz, and they even parted with a hug. Now I'm not saying what the Crow Goddess' intentions really are, or how they might alter based on if/when the Morrigan returns, but IF The Crow Goddess did lean to Perry's side then that could imply that "the Queen's man" might also lean to Nicholas and Perry's side, in the defense of humanity, since the Queen's Man will be allied with the Crow. I like the idea of the Queen's Man fighting for humani.

interesting, interesting. with that Mach could very well change alligence because i can't see Dee ever changing sides.

We do need to put the morrigan back into the euation though. the last time we saw her she was weak, that's why hers sisters were able to escape her enchantment. Like I pointed out in the previous page, the only thing we know for certain so far is thatthe Codex/Book is/was taken. What if the Morrigan recovers from her weakened state? she will definitely not side w/ Perry and Nick. If this happend then the person she choses to side with will be the Queen's Man in the prophecy and then we'll know for a fact that the second part of the prophecy came to pass

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#24 [url]

Sep 14 09 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ September 13, 2009 11:17 pm)

Its an interesting theory as i think each of the morrigan's entities do have links to crows. Im just not sure Nicholas Flamel has any ties to any Queens that are deep rooted enough for him to be considered a Queen's man. But as far as the crow allying with the queen's man it seems likely that the crow is one of the 3 forms of the morrigan the mystery remains as to who the queen's man is and whether or not they serve the dark elders.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Sep 15 09 9:25 PM

Okay, I don't believe the Codex has any names - for sure not the twins because all the others wouldn't have met their demise if Flamel knew who to look for.

Same goes for the queen - it doesn't have to be a humani. Just a thought, but PERSEPHONE has been mentioned and she is considered Queen of the Underworld!
That would explain the next line of "the elder will step out of the shadows". So could Persophone be Dee's elder????????

Also, just another observation but the end says "the immortal must train the mortal" might that be considered singular ... as in only one of the twins?

And lastly, the "two that are one but become the one that is all" - is that referencing the swords again, or the twins? If it's the twins, I'm thinking they might become one the same way the sword became one. That would also make the "twins" singular ... would they be Sosh or Jophie? flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

P.S. I thought the reason the Elders couldn't touch the Codex was because it had metal covers?

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Sep 15 09 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ September 14, 2009 04:36 am)
And depending on who the Queen's Man is...Dee, Machiavelli, or someone else, that could lead to a very interesting curve ball

There was actually an acting troupe called Queen Elizabeth's Men that operated during the 1580s. Perhaps one of the memberes might end up being the queens man? And one of the plays they acted out was Friar Bacon and Friar Bungay, in which Friar Bacon was based on Roger Bacon. The Friar Bacon in the play was also a Necromancer. Perhaps Mr. Bacon is not really dead.

Aura Color: Dark Blue
Aura Scent: Juniper Berries

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#27 [url]

Sep 15 09 11:06 PM

QUOTE (alphasmith @ September 15, 2009 06:01 pm)

There was actually an acting troupe called Queen Elizabeth's Men that operated during the 1580s. Perhaps one of the memberes might end up being the queens man?

Thats interesting because if i remember correctly, Shakespeare was involved with that wasnt he?

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Sep 15 09 11:09 PM

I was assuming that the Queen's man was Dee because during his lifetime he was an advisor to Queen Elizabeth which is one of the admittedly many things he is most known for.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Sep 15 09 11:30 PM

Michael made an interesting comment that I keep playing over and over in my head ...

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 03, 2009 02:44 pm)

Which Queen, might be an interesting question.

Michael

There has to be more to "The Queen" than just the humani Elizabeth. Any other ideas on who the queen could be?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Sep 16 09 4:09 AM

There has been some discussion of Catherine di Medici, because she was a Italian converted French queen, and has ties to Machiavelli. Other queens...we have Nerfititi and I think someone mentioned Cleopatra...to name a few.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Sep 16 09 4:25 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 15, 2009 11:06 pm)
There was actually an acting troupe called Queen Elizabeth's Men that operated during the 1580s. Perhaps one of the memberes might end up being the queens man?
Thats interesting because if i remember correctly, Shakespeare was involved with that wasnt he?

As much as I seem to want everything to revolve around Shakespeare, sadly his troop was called the Kings Men, but it would have been great.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#32 [url]

Sep 16 09 5:50 AM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ September 15, 2009 09:25 pm)

P.S. I thought the reason the Elders couldn't touch the Codex was because it had metal covers?

the codex is copper bound, and though it is metal, it's not iron and the two have different composiition.

QUOTE (alphasmith @ September 15, 2009 11:01 pm)

There was actually an acting troupe called Queen Elizabeth's Men that operated during the 1580s. Perhaps one of the memberes might end up being the queens man? And one of the plays they acted out was Friar Bacon and Friar Bungay, in which Friar Bacon was based on Roger Bacon. The Friar Bacon in the play was also a Necromancer. Perhaps Mr. Bacon is not really dead.

hmmm really interesting. but basing the story on bacon doesn't make him a Queen's Man. and don't tell me Shakespeare's in the troupe because then i'll flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Sep 16 09 2:09 PM

Nice call Sparticle! I forgot about the Queen of the Nile ... and there is a tie into King Tut already. Could this be a hint that the characters will find their way to Egypt? (There is also the looming knowledge that Scatty was told she would die in the desert and that many seem to think the cover of the Necromancer is a doomsday prediction for a major character.)

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#34 [url]

Sep 16 09 3:48 PM

I'm just throwing this out there -

A lot of this prophecy could be connected to Scatty and Aoife. Twins.

The two that are one, the one that is all.
There will come a time when the Book is taken
And the Queen's man is allied with the Crow
Then the Elder will step out of the Shadows
And the immortal must train the mortal.
The two that are one must become the one that is all.

The main one being Shadows it's plural. We have Scatty "The Shadow" and we have "Aoife of the Shadows"

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Sep 16 09 8:50 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ September 16, 2009 03:48 pm)

The main one being Shadows it's plural. We have Scatty "The Shadow" and we have "Aoife of the Shadows"

This is actually a really interesting idea!! What if to save the world, they have to conbine forces and become one Elder. With Scatty's sword skills and Aoife's magic they would be nigh unstoppable.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Sep 17 09 4:38 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 23, 2009 09:58 am)
QUOTE (Lucy @ August 23, 2009 05:48 am)
I like the part where it talks about her melting metal books.  The Codex is a metal book.  Was the Codex made from Archon technology?  We know that what the Archons used was not magic, and we also know that the Codex moves in some sort of a mathematical sequence right?

Now, that is an interesting line of research.
And didn't Mars destroy books too...
Michael

Moviebuff, I missed the part that says there isn't iron in the covers of the Codex ... where is that?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#37 [url]

Sep 17 09 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ September 16, 2009 11:38 pm)
Moviebuff, I missed the part that says there isn't iron in the covers of the Codex ... where is that?

Here's a few of them.

QUOTE (Alch - Ch.3)
he produced what looked like a small book bound in copper-colored metal.

QUOTE (Alch - Ch.6)
Dee reached into an inside pocket and took out the copper-bound book. We have the Codex.

QUOTE (Mag - Ch.9)
But every month, on page seven of the copper-bound manuscript, the secret of Life Eternal appeared.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#38 [url]

Sep 19 09 7:32 AM

i like it! and it follows the sequence nicely, and technically Next Gens are still Elders.

thanks fo he quotes hitman.
Lucothea, I know the time line is vague when it comes to the Codex, but i think its safe to assume that iron was not discovered by the humani yet when transcribing the Codex began since the Elders tolerated its presecnce in Danu Talis

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Sep 20 09 6:11 PM

If you think the prophecy might be referencing Scatty and Aoife ... Scatty has "saved the world" (or at least been an integral part in trying) plenty of times ... could that mean Aoife is now here to destroy it?

And I surrender flamelssecret/surrender_on_icon.gif the idea of the Codex having iron in it - but wouldn't that have been a great way to keep the Elders from touching it????!!!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#40 [url]

Sep 21 09 9:25 AM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ September 20, 2009 06:11 pm)

And I surrender flamelssecret/surrender_on_icon.gif the idea of the Codex having iron in it - but wouldn't that have been a great way to keep the Elders from touching it????!!!

it would have been (as Sparticle would say) an epic idea. but then the use of iron would eliminate the possibility of Abraham being an Elder the absence of iron gives us something to add to the list of our neverending discusion

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help