Remove this ad

#341 [url]

Nov 12 11 3:48 AM

QUOTE (ads0504 @ November 11, 2011 07:43 pm)
QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ November 11, 2011 07:14 pm)
QUOTE (Look_to_the_North @ November 11, 2011 06:34 pm)
I think that probably Josh will become immortal Marethyu, while Sophie remains mortal, completely human. I keep being reminded of Tuck Everlasting, in which the author includes an epilouge that shows how Winnie, who had the option to become immortal, ended up. There might be something like that at the end. I don't know. Just a thought.

Immortality is both a curse and a gift.. And if they are separated, then that is truly sad flamelssecret/crying.gif

why does everyone think they will be separated! i think they will stay together somehow someway no matter how desperate they are... hopefully flamelssecret/pray.gif

i think josh will somehow come back to his senses an end up helping sophie, but then when he becomes immortal and she doesnt, then they will be together for a time, then sophie will eventually, you know, die flamelssecret/crying.gif.

Please do NOT use text talk! Thanks! ~Elena

aura: light violet /scent: lavender/magics: water, air, time(aether)
"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#342 [url]

Dec 25 11 12:03 AM

What about this? I was thinking that the sentence "the two that are one" might be about the Codex. Because there are two Codexes in Danu Talis at the same moment: the one Abraham just finished and the one Dee and Josh brought with them when they went there. It's about two things which are the same, the two that are one.

Aura color: turquoise
Aura scent: pine
Magics: fire and aether

Quote    Reply   

#343 [url]

Jan 31 12 2:29 AM

I'm confused, many say that the prophecy contain "One to save the world, one to destroy it." but here and in The Codex section, the prophecy never mentions it. So I want to know why it is said that the prophecy contains that line.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#344 [url]

Jan 31 12 3:51 AM

I know that it says it on the blurb for one of the books, but I think it's one of the more accepted theories within the book anyway... flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#345 [url]

Jan 31 12 4:14 AM

QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ January 31, 2012 02:29 am)
I'm confused, many say that the prophecy contain "One to save the world, one to destroy it." but here and in The Codex section, the prophecy never mentions it. So I want to know why it is said that the prophecy contains that line.

You are right AM many of the characters do say that. I think there are many versions of the Prophecy and most of the people who say "one to save the world, one to destroy it" are of the Elder race, and they have no way of knowing the verbatim text within the Codex. I think the one that we see in this thread is the text as it would show in the Codex.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#346 [url]

Jan 31 12 2:12 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ January 30, 2012 11:14 pm)
QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ January 31, 2012 02:29 am)

You are right AM many of the characters do say that. I think there are many versions of the Prophecy and most of the people who say "one to save the world, one to destroy it" are of the Elder race, and they have no way of knowing the verbatim text within the Codex. I think the one that we see in this thread is the text as it would show in the Codex.

Yes if you go back to the alchemyst, in the scene where Flamel is discussing the prophecy with Hekate he says that he always thought the line "The two that are one must become the one that is all" meant that one twin of legend would destroy the world and the other would save it. But that's merely Flamel's interpretation, and we know he has been known to be wrong in the past. Although there are other characters throughout the series that believe what Flamel believes. It is open to interpretation though, as all prophecies are, and the real meaning is never known until the prophecy comes to pass.

Quote    Reply   

#347 [url]

Feb 27 12 4:30 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 24, 2009 06:29 pm)
QUOTE (The Alchemyst)

The two that are one, the one that is all.
There will come a time when the Book is taken
And the Queen's man is allied with the Crow
Then the Elder will step out of the Shadows
And the immortal must train the mortal. 
The two that are one must become the one that is all.

I got this idea yesterday, and it became this theory. I don't think that the prophecy refers to the twins or to the swords. I think it's the five immortals on Danu Talis.

I'm going to assume (for this theory) that the immortals cannot die for specific time-thread related reasons. In which case there is, technically, two of each of them--one which will be in history, and them, on Danu Talis. But, as they are the same people, they are, quite literally,

The two that are one, that one that is all.

The phrase One to save the world, and one to destroy it is not stated in the prophecy. That's something that people like Flamel, who have translated the prophecy, have said, assuming that the two are twins.

And that's my crazy crazy idea. flamelssecret/crazy.gif

willshakespeare-immortalbard

user posted image
"And you know I never listen to you anyway." ~Will S, The Sorceress.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#348 [url]

Feb 28 12 9:48 AM

What about the part where it says something like one will destroy the world and one will save it?
if thats there in the prophecy... then i think i know whats going happen.
One of the twins(probably Josh) destroys the PAST world(danu talis) and the other 1 saves the MODERN world, thereby showing that one destroyed the world and one saved it.

Please do not use text talk as it is against our Forum COC. Thanks! ~Elena

An apple a day keeps John Dee away.
Weapon: Sword, Shield, Bow and Scimitar
Master of: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Aether, Weaponry and Tactics

Quote    Reply   

#349 [url]

Feb 28 12 10:08 PM

QUOTE (willshakespeare-immortalbard @ February 27, 2012 05:30 pm)
The phrase One to save the world, and one to destroy it is not stated in the prophecy. That's something that people like Flamel, who have translated the prophecy, have said, assuming that the two are twins.

And that's my crazy crazy idea. flamelssecret/crazy.gif

I'm not entirely sure, but I remember a part in The Alchemyst when it is said that this line was in the prophecy, and that a symbol that could mean both 'save' and 'destroy' was used. I'll try to find that part when I have some time.

Aura color: turquoise
Aura scent: pine
Magics: fire and aether

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#351 [url]

Jun 20 12 4:40 PM

Ok, so after finishing the final book, heres what I am thinking. The two that are one are the sun and the moon, which I take to mean Josh and the swords. I say this because the swords form into a sickle, which is continualy stated to look like a half-moon. The one that is all is obviously Marethyu, and the rest is pretty self-explanatory. As for the symbol that means save or destroy, maybe it means both, as Danu Talis is destroyed, and Earth is saved. Or, it could mean that the sickle destroys the world of Danu Talis, and Josh saves it. This is just my theory. Also, when it says the elder will step out of the shadows, do you think that it means the elder race in general, or a specific elder?

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#353 [url]

Jun 21 12 10:17 PM

Thanks. That was the best theory that I could come up with.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help