Remove this ad

#321 [url]

Oct 15 11 3:23 PM

QUOTE (sithrules @ October 15, 2011 04:41 am)
I believe Sophie will be the one to destroy it, because in The Sorceress, Gilgamesh said that the last person he saw cry or something, was a girl like her who was crying that she was going to destroy the world. This explains why in the Sorceress the Archon recognised the twins.

I, too, believe that Sophie will be the One to Destroy the World.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#322 [url]

Oct 18 11 9:33 PM

What about this theorie? I thought that Sophie and Josh ("the two that are one...") might both be the one to save the world and the one to destroy it. If they are "one", could that mean that they destroy Danu Talis and save the modern world? What if the "one" in "One to save the world, one to destroy it" actually refers to the same "one", the twins?

Aura color: turquoise
Aura scent: pine
Magics: fire and aether

Quote    Reply   

#323 [url]

Oct 19 11 12:25 AM

Actually, I was thinking that "the One" is another set of twins, I'm just guessing though.

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#324 [url]

Oct 19 11 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 18, 2011 07:25 pm)
Actually, I was thinking that "the One" is another set of twins, I'm just guessing though.

Seeing this reminded ne of a theory I'd had that is rather similar:

The "two that are one" are *two sets* of twins, who combine forces to become "the one that is all".
Okay...all my theories sound better in my head.

willshakespeare-immortalbard

user posted image
"And you know I never listen to you anyway." ~Will S, The Sorceress.

Quote    Reply   

#325 [url]

Oct 19 11 12:58 AM

QUOTE (willshakespeare-immortalbard @ October 19, 2011 12:32 am)

The "two that are one" are *two sets* of twins, who combine forces to become "the one that is all".

Yep, knowing in the book that there are several set of twins, one of the many of them would be "the One" set to destroy Danu Talis and the other set to save it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#326 [url]

Oct 19 11 2:29 AM

QUOTE (willshakespeare-immortalbard @ October 18, 2011 07:32 pm)

Seeing several theories this one popped in my head:

What if the Two that are One are the twins, while The One that is All is Marethyu?

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#327 [url]

Oct 19 11 2:35 AM

The One that is All is Marethyu?

Could you explain as to how this came into you?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#328 [url]

Oct 19 11 3:24 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 18, 2011 09:35 pm)
The One that is All is Marethyu?

Could you explain as to how this came into you?

With the theory that Josh is Marehtyu and that Sophie somehow ended up being the hook he carries. Is also possible that the Marethyu persona is the fusion of the twins minds.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#329 [url]

Oct 19 11 3:48 AM

Wow, it sounds like two minds having only one body, more of a dual personality? Is that it?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#330 [url]

Nov 7 11 11:00 PM

yeah but marethyu is a person(or whatever he is) and the twins cant become him because he already existss... this is confusing. lol. i think it definetly has to do with the swords tho i just havn't quite gotten to how...
flamelssecret/wall_.gif

aura: light violet /scent: lavender/magics: water, air, time(aether)
"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ads0504

Spellcaster

#331 [url]

Nov 8 11 12:48 AM

QUOTE (flamelfan96615 @ November 07, 2011 06:00 pm)
yeah but marethyu is a person(or whatever he is) and the twins cant become him because he already existss... this is confusing. lol. i think it definetly has to do with the swords tho i just havn't quite gotten to how...
flamelssecret/wall_.gif

well if marethyu has mastered aether, and aether is really another word for time, then they can be him because he can like travel time and who knows when he was made or something like that

aura~ yellow
aura sent~ bananas
element specialty~ alchemy,earth,fire,air,water,and Aether

Quote    Reply   

#332 [url]

Nov 8 11 5:19 AM

QUOTE (ads0504 @ November 07, 2011 07:48 pm)
flamelssecret/wall_.gif

well if marethyu has mastered aether, and aether is really another word for time, then they can be him because he can like travel time and who knows when he was made or something like that

Since time is non linear, there exist a theoretical infinite number of alternates 'you' that exist in alternate time dimensions. The Marehtyu we know may be one of the many results at the time of Litha 'The Final Battle'. In the books the use of Aether magic allows this probability.

This has been said (and maybe hinted) in The Alchemyst, when The Witch of Endor justifies her absence during the attack in Hecate's Shadowrealm.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#333 [url]

Nov 9 11 4:25 AM

QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ November 08, 2011 12:19 am)
QUOTE (ads0504 @ November 07, 2011 07:48 pm)
flamelssecret/wall_.gif

Since time is non linear, there exist a theoretical infinite number of alternates 'you' that exist in alternate time dimensions. The Marehtyu we know may be one of the many results at the time of Litha 'The Final Battle'. In the books the use of Aether magic allows this probability.

This has been said (and maybe hinted) in The Alchemyst, when The Witch of Endor justifies her absence during the attack in Hecate's Shadowrealm.

hmmm... thats a possibility... i didnt think of that... but still i dont think that the twins become marethyu...

"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   

#334 [url]

Nov 10 11 4:07 AM

QUOTE (flamelfan96615)
there is an interesting theory in the Codex/prophecy forum that one twin will destroy danu talis and one will save our time, so that the prophecy is fulfilled(one to save the world, one to destroy it) but really both are saving this world. does that make sense?

Yes, it does makes sense.
If one twin saves Danu Talis, then that twin saved the world, and if the other twin destroyed Danu Talis, it also means saving the world because the world we know now will exist.

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God)
Maybe it meant: one [set of twin] to save the world, one [set of twin] to destroy it..

Sophie believes that Danu Talis must be destroyed so that the world today would continue to exist; while Josh believes that the humans have destroyed the world and it would be better if the Elders rule it.
This conflict of belief and interest are making them fight against each other.
If they don't resolve their conflict and team up together, their fate is on top of that pyramid; and prophecy or not, they are the original twins that will decide the future of the world.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#335 [url]

Nov 10 11 5:03 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 10, 2011 04:07 am)
QUOTE (flamelfan96615)
there is an interesting theory in the Codex/prophecy forum that one twin will destroy danu talis and one will save our time, so that the prophecy is fulfilled(one to save the world, one to destroy it) but really both are saving this world. does that make sense?

If one twin saves Danu Talis, then that twin saved the world, and if the other twin destroyed Danu Talis, it also means saving the world because the world we know now will exist.

Maybe it meant: one [set of twin] to save the world, one [set of twin] to destroy it..

Sophie believes that Danu Talis must be destroyed so that the world today would continue to exist; while Josh believes that the humans have destroyed the world and it would be better if the Elders rule it.
If they don't resolve their conflict and team up together, their fate is on top of that pyramid; and prophecy or not, they are the original twins that will decide the future of the world.

This sounds like an omen.. flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif .. That's scary..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#336 [url]

Nov 10 11 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ November 10, 2011 12:03 am)
QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 10, 2011 04:07 am)
QUOTE (flamelfan96615)

This sounds like an omen.. flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif .. That's scary..

yes... it is scary flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif i just really hope neither twin dies cuz that wouls be reeeeeeeeeeally sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#337 [url]

Nov 11 11 6:34 PM

I think that probably Josh will become immortal Marethyu, while Sophie remains mortal, completely human. I keep being reminded of Tuck Everlasting, in which the author includes an epilouge that shows how Winnie, who had the option to become immortal, ended up. There might be something like that at the end. I don't know. Just a thought.

My aura color is plum
My scent is Sand
I am a master of Earth Magic

Quote    Reply   

#338 [url]

Nov 11 11 9:06 PM

QUOTE (Look_to_the_North @ November 11, 2011 01:34 pm)
I think that probably Josh will become immortal Marethyu, while Sophie remains mortal, completely human. I keep being reminded of Tuck Everlasting, in which the author includes an epilouge that shows how Winnie, who had the option to become immortal, ended up. There might be something like that at the end. I don't know. Just a thought.

i agree i think sophie probably could be immortal if she wanted to, but she will choose not to. she saw how gilgamesh had become thanks to immortality, and how nicholas has lost everyone, his family,ect. (other then perry of course) maybe immortality isnt a gift after all... i think sophie will choose not to be immoratal but josh will become marethyu. its so sad that they will be probably be separated forever.... flamelssecret/crying.gif

Please do NOT use text talk! Thanks! ~Elena

Quote    Reply   

#339 [url]

Nov 12 11 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Look_to_the_North @ November 11, 2011 06:34 pm)

Immortality is both a curse and a gift.. And if they are separated, then that is truly sad flamelssecret/crying.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

ads0504

Spellcaster

#340 [url]

Nov 12 11 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ November 11, 2011 07:14 pm)
QUOTE (Look_to_the_North @ November 11, 2011 06:34 pm)

Immortality is both a curse and a gift.. And if they are separated, then that is truly sad flamelssecret/crying.gif

why does everyone think they will be separated! i think they will stay together somehow someway no matter how desperate they are... hopefully flamelssecret/pray.gif

aura~ yellow
aura sent~ bananas
element specialty~ alchemy,earth,fire,air,water,and Aether

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help