Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Oct 5 08 3:44 AM

Tags : :

Sophie doesn't trust him, Scatty clearly despises him, Nicholas fights him at every turn, but Josh listens to him...so who's side is the Doctor on, is he as evil as we're led to believe?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 22 08 12:54 AM

He is trying to be good on the elders side by helping them return. Though to the Humans side, he is bad because the Dark Elders will enslave them.

Quitters never win and Winners never quit.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Oct 27 08 12:05 PM

QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 26, 2008 07:11 pm)
I dont think that Machevelli and Dee will be on the same side by the end of The Soceress.

I don't know... given they both have dark elders that have given them eternal life. Dee can't cross his elder to choose any other side. I think they'll still be on the same side, just not seeing "eye to eye".

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 27 08 7:31 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 27, 2008 07:05 am)
QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 26, 2008 07:11 pm)
I dont think that Machevelli and Dee will be on the same side by the end of The Soceress.

I don't know... given they both have dark elders that have given them eternal life. Dee can't cross his elder to choose any other side. I think they'll still be on the same side, just not seeing "eye to eye".

But it is possible that Nicholas & co. will kill Machevelli's Elder and then he wont be forced to work for him/her.

-Mo
The Alchemyst and The Magician are awesome!!

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Oct 28 08 2:37 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 04, 2008 11:44 pm)
Sophie doesn't trust him, Scatty clearly despises him, Nicholas fights him at every turn, but Josh listens to him...so who's side is the Doctor on, is he as evil as we're led to believe?

Not having finished the Magician yet, it's hard for me to talk about what evidence may or may not exist there - but I think that Dee is the evil guy that will last throughout the series. There was too much of him clearly looking out for himself and being the most evil in the first book for me to believe otherwise.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 28 08 2:43 AM

I believe Dr. John Dee is as bad as they come...he reminds me of another villain (*cough* Voldemort *cough*)...who is only in it for himself.

user posted image
Aura color:Bright Red/Dark Green
Aura scent: Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Oct 28 08 2:46 AM

QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo @ October 27, 2008 10:43 pm)
I believe Dr. John Dee is as bad as they come...he reminds me of another villain (*cough* Voldemort *cough*)...who is only in it for himself.

Well said!

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 28 08 7:51 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 27, 2008 02:39 pm)
I'm not sure how that works...  What if killing the elder, kills the immortality "gift"???

If that was true, then it wouldnt be crazy to say it also takes away the power of anyone they awakened.... meaning since the Elder that gave Josh his powers died, his powers should be taken away. (acording to what you have said.)

-Mo

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Oct 28 08 8:20 PM

No, thats not what I said at all. Awakening doesn't seem to be a "gift"... It's already there, they just awaken it.

Immortality is always referred to as a gift in the books. A gift that can be taken away.

Josh asks if Sophie's powers can be returned to normal and the answer was no.

My opinion is that if an elder is killed any gifts of immortality could possibly be revoked in the process.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Oct 28 08 8:36 PM

What I'm trying to get at is... There is no information to back up either of our claims!

Michael is the only one who knows. Anything else is only opinion.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Oct 29 08 7:14 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 28, 2008 09:36 pm)
What I'm trying to get at is...  There is no information to back up either of our claims!

Michael is the only one who knows.  Anything else is only opinion.

Then that is a perfect question for the "Questions for Michael" thread..I'd like to know the answer to that theory too! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Bravo for a great talking point by the way! flamelssecret/bow.gif

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Oct 30 08 1:42 PM

I think everything that Dee does is for his personal benefit. I think also that he is sadly mistaken on the rewards he's going to receive from his elder. I think the dark elders do grant gifts and reward those that serve them well but i dont think its necessarily to the degree dee thinks hes going to be rewarded. I think that the dark elders especially one as powerful as dee's dark elder is, use the humani that serve them as mere pawns. And i think when dee fails his elder (and in the end im almost certain he will), he is going to be saddled with a punishment worse than death.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Oct 30 08 8:44 PM

I agree, his 'reward' will be becoming the leaders of a race that is used for food, slaves, and worse. Maybe he gets eaten last.

-Mo

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 30 08 8:54 PM

AHH ! LunaAquaVirgo mentioned Voldemort !
I'm Harry Potter obsessor
Anyway, I think Dee.. IS evil, but I think that somewhere, in the series, maybe in the sorceress, There will be a huge twist, and that something crazy will be revealed about Dee ..
Who knows ..

__. ; Kelso Kunitz

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 30 08 11:04 PM

Oh yeah Im sure Dee has quite a few crazy storys to tell.... being like 400 or whatever

-Mo

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help