Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 12 10 11:23 PM

I didn't know that the Disir were elders. Did I miss something in the story or will this be revealed in the upcoming books.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#42 [url]

Dec 12 10 11:59 PM

QUOTE (orik @ December 13, 2010 12:23 am)
I didn't know that the Disir were elders. Did I miss something in the story or will this be revealed in the upcoming books.

This point has been raised and answered on Page 1 of this thread.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Dec 13 10 6:53 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 12, 2010 11:59 pm)
QUOTE (orik @ December 13, 2010 12:23 am)

This point has been raised and answered on Page 1 of this thread.

Oh I'm sorry about that.

I hope they come back and fight in the big battle.

user posted image
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Dec 22 10 11:56 PM

flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif so, i didnt know that there were many more than those that appeared to dee, nick;josh;sophie;and scatty, and those seperately. but i guess they are kind of a race their own.

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Dec 24 10 9:21 PM

They rather seem to be a subrace of elders, like vampires, not a race of their own.

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

Jef

Sorcerer

#46 [url]

Mar 7 11 12:14 PM

In a sort of way yes, comparable to Next Generation (not that they are)

According to the original Norse Mytholoy they were Warrior Maidens of Odin who would go to the battlefield after a war and get the strongest warriors with them to Valhalla. A giant hall where they drank, fichted, feasted as much as they wanted until Ragnarok when they and the Valkyries/Disir would have to fight the last war.

In the books they could also serve Odin ( the war shout etc;. ) but they also say they don't obey anyone, my guess is they do serve Odin but like in the 'God- Angel' with Odin hypotesis mentioned before. I can't read the Necromancer myself yet but from what ive read no Disir had 'contact' in some sort of way with Odin (for now) so maybe they really don't have contact with Odin anymore as their leader, but they still worship him and are loyal to him.

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#47 [url]

Mar 8 11 5:29 PM

Originally, Valkyries and Disir are different, but Fylgjur, Valkyries, Disir and Norns all show resemblence to each other, and according to some theories, 'Disir' was a broad term to cover all those beings. What is the same in them is that all those beings are associated with fate. Valkyries are the ones who, in the battle, would choose the ones condemned to die. Disir can be both benevolent and malicious toward mankind.
The Disir were worshipped in Scandinavia, their sacrafical holiday was called Disablót, the blót (holiday) was held during Winter Nights (another pagan Scandinavian holiday - suprisingly in winter ), or at vernal equinox. The rites of Disablót were most likely performed by a women.

I don't know if these informations are important... The name 'Disir' simply means 'ladies', while 'Valkyrie' literally translates into 'chooser of the slain'. Valkyries bore other names, like Óskmey ('wish girl') - it might refer to Odin's name Óski ('wish fulfiller'), as he receives the slain warriors in Valhalla; other is Óðins meyjar ('Odin's girls'). Valkyries are sometimes accompanied by ravens or swans.

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Oct 20 11 3:19 AM

That's very interesting Thalion. I think I should research about them. Do you think they will have an appearance in the other remaining books yet to come out?

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Arantir

Spellcaster

#49 [url]

Oct 20 11 4:10 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 19, 2011 09:19 pm)
That's very interesting Thalion. I think I should research about them. Do you think they will have an appearance in the other remaining books yet to come out?

Possibly in the Final Battle supporting Odin. They are, after all, his servants.

user posted image

Aura Color: Aquamarine Aura Scent: Ocean Spray
Mastered Magic: Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Ice, Aether, Lost Arts
Weapons: Zanmato, Elemental Blade of Light, Zwill Crossblade, Double Dagger of Wind
Mastered Arts: Necromancy, Summoning

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#50 [url]

Oct 20 11 4:56 AM

But they have attacked Sopihe and Josh and the Flamels while at st. Germain's house remember?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Oct 20 11 8:01 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 20, 2011 12:56 pm)
But they have attacked Sopihe and Josh and the Flamels while at st. Germain's house remember?

Remember that this event happened in the present. Now that the action will take place on Danu Talis, ten thousand years in the past, the allegiance between the characters will be different. Besides, so much has happened since the second book.

Dee has changed from Dark Elder supporter to a freelance villain. His allegiance is to himself now. Dee intends to take Danu Talis and rule it himself. The Elders, including Odin and the Disir will surely fight against him.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Oct 20 11 8:56 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 20, 2011 08:01 am)
QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 20, 2011 12:56 pm)

Remember that this event happened in the present. Now that the action will take place on Danu Talis, ten thousand years in the past, the allegiance between the characters will be different. Besides, so much has happened since the second book.

Dee has changed from Dark Elder supporter to a freelance villain. His allegiance is to himself now. Dee intends to take Danu Talis and rule it himself. The Elders, including Odin and the Disir will surely fight against him.

I have to agree to that, yep.. Maybe the Disir that will accompany Odin are different from the ones who attacked the twins and the Flamels..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Oct 20 11 11:05 PM

I agree I think that The Disir will indeed fight against Dee. And maybe even try to gain control of the island themselves.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Oct 21 11 12:34 AM

Why would they do that? That would mean they are the replacement for Dr. Dee as the abomination.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:52 AM

I don't know, I was just throwing it out there. I don't think we'll see much of em' though.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Oct 21 11 2:46 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Knight @ October 21, 2011 01:52 am)
I don't know, I was just throwing it out there. I don't think we'll see much of em' though.

Yeah, same goes with me.. I was actually thinking that they were the last of their race..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#57 [url]

Jun 11 12 11:40 PM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

**This thread is now open to posting and may contain information from The Enchantress**

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help