Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Mar 22 10 1:40 PM

QUOTE (Ragnarök @ March 22, 2010 12:23 am)
OK so i believe that the newman's will get involved becuz i remember somewhere in one of the books( wow vague enough ) john dee was talking about using their parents as hostages.

one thing i'd like to ask everyones thoughts on is the fact that josh and sophies ancestors are gods right? well if so then what do we make out of the part where there talking about mars and they say " he thought he was a god." are GODS more powerful than ELDERS...
and yes that does have something to do with this topic... i mean there all in the same family, right?

wait... are they... ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So one of the big questions still out there is the one concerning Sophie and Josh's ancestors. We don't know yet if they are/were Elders, the original twins etc.

As for Gods being more powerful than Elders, there are many examples saying that a "God" is an Elder. In fact I think if you read through the books the reference to how the Humani worshiped the Elders as Gods comes up a few times.

As for Sara and Richard Newman being kidnapped I think that comes up when Dee is talking to Mars about helping him.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Mar 25 10 4:06 AM

I think that Dee is going to use Richard and Sara as a trap to kidnap Sohie and Josh. Or maybe Dee will kill them. Sophie and Josh are going to eventually tell their parents what is happening and that all their studies are worthless. I think their prents won't believe them and are going to have a very discussion with the Flamels on why their kids just got mentally crazy. That would be funny if that happens !!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Mar 25 10 11:44 PM

Yes, that would be hilarious! Also, one of their first comments would be: "Sophie, why did you get a tattoo! Mr.Flemming, I thought you were a good influence!"

Aura color: blue
Scent: apples
Elemental Magic: earth
Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Mar 26 10 12:56 AM

I one hundred percent agree. I wonder what Sopjhie would say.Sara would also ask why Josh has a sword "JOSH NEWMAN! Why are you carrying that sword? You and Sophie are grounded for one month!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nicholas what have you been teaching my children !!!!!??????????? and then ...........

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Mar 28 10 12:22 AM

I could just imagine when they found out that Josh lost all of his stuff. "Josh Newman, how many times have I told you not to leave your junk lying around! And what do you mean you're wanted in France! Nicholas, you have turned my children into criminals!

Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Mar 30 10 8:22 PM

I totally thought that. Can you imagine how excited they are going to be when they find out that there kids know Gods? LOL

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Mar 31 10 11:17 PM

They'll be so proud. They'll take some group pictures or something. After the shock has worn off, they'll freak out.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Apr 1 10 3:15 AM

Sophie and Josh should have took pictures of what they saw like Hekates shadowrealm and the torc alta. Sophie and Josh's mom would say,"Now tell me again. Where did you those clothes and tell me the truth. I am not falling for that Joan of Arc story again !"

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Apr 3 10 6:59 PM

"But Mom, I'm telling the truth! Shakespeare really is a mechanic living in a car castle! And Gilgamesh is a hobo living in London!"

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Apr 5 10 8:30 PM

"Thats it! I taking you both to the mental hospital!" "Ummmm, mom you can't. We're the twins of legend and we are supposed to be saving the world right now."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#51 [url]

Apr 8 10 2:48 PM

Here are a few thoughts -

We know that the twins are "descended from gods", right? So is it both their parents? Or does the lineage only move through one of their parents? And how far back into their ancestry do you think we have to go to find the "gods"?

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Apr 8 10 3:37 PM

Thats what I was thinking as well. And what color are Richard and Sara's auras if aura color is somewhat genetic then which parent did they get it from.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Apr 8 10 7:11 PM

And what if the twins are not their natural children but adopted? This was raised a little earlier in the thread but I thought it may be important. What if the Newmans were chosen to take care of the twins BECAUSE of their archaeological knowledge and respect of the past? They could just be mortal custodians.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Apr 8 10 8:39 PM

QUOTE (The Shadow Weaver @ April 08, 2010 07:11 pm)
And what if the twins are not their natural children but adopted? This was raised a little earlier in the thread but I thought it may be important. What if the Newmans were chosen to take care of the twins BECAUSE of their archaeological knowledge and respect of the past? They could just be mortal custodians.

Yes, that was what I was thinking. But, would they have known about the eventual importance of the twins they were raising? They might not be mortal, but immortal (just a thought) . And, if they are jst the mortal custodians of the twins, who "hired" them?

user posted image
I........am a nube
"IF you are to hurt someone, hurt them so severely that there revenge is not to be worried about"-Niccolo Machiavelli "Always fight one battle at a time. You win more that way."-Richard Newman
Aura= Deep Red ......Scent= Woodsmoke...... Element mastery=Fire

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Apr 9 10 2:49 PM

That is a great prospect. But maybe they forgot about the magics as well, They are the only other Humani in the book besides Aunt Agnes. I stated this in the Warlock thread but Richard is loosely (in my opinion) in the running for the Warlock, he is humani, he has been an underlying character this whole time, and we still don't know a lot about those two.

I still like the aspect of them possibly being adopted though.

Who hired them? The actual parents of course.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Apr 9 10 7:33 PM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ April 09, 2010 07:49 am)
That is a great prospect. But maybe they forgot about the magics as well, They are the only other Humani in the book besides Aunt Agnes. I stated this in the Warlock thread but Richard is loosely (in my opinion) in the running for the Warlock, he is humani, he has been an underlying character this whole time, and we still don't know a lot about those two.

I still like the aspect of them possibly being adopted though.

Who hired them? The actual parents of course.

I think that Richard and Sara know more than they we have seen so far...and since we have only HEARD about them through Sophie and Josh, there is obviously a lot we don't know yet.

I doubt that they are archeologists is a coincidence. I am not sold that Sophie and Josh are adopted, but it is an intriguing thought. I was thinking more along the lines that Richard and/or Sara would be able to trace their history back to the OT and Elders. It could be that over time the ability/willingness to believe in magic/use magic has diminished. It may able be that because of Richard and Sara's interest in the past that has triggered Sophie and Josh to be open to the idea and thus opened the door for their current events.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Apr 9 10 8:54 PM

Yes, that is an idea. I was just thinking, maybe they are immortal, but just don't seem like it because they are so used to acting normal. And, all those times they are out on "archeological" digs, they might not be actually where they say they are.

user posted image
I........am a nube
"IF you are to hurt someone, hurt them so severely that there revenge is not to be worried about"-Niccolo Machiavelli "Always fight one battle at a time. You win more that way."-Richard Newman
Aura= Deep Red ......Scent= Woodsmoke...... Element mastery=Fire

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Apr 22 10 1:27 AM

I was researching the name "Richard Newman" when I finally got a hit that seemed reasonable.

There was something called a Baronet in the ranks of nobility, (I assume in medieval times) and the baronets were apparently one rank above a hereditary knight, but one bellow a baron. It took some time for me to understand all of this. lol flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

anyways, there was once a baronet named Sir Richard Newman. Sometimes called, Col Richard Newman: The first Baronet.

And now they're calling him a Colonel? And maybe, The FIRST baronet? or does that mean something else?!? This is very confusing. Does anyone have anything to say about this? I'm not very familiar with this subject, and i'm stuck.

But hey. I found something, right? flamelssecret/clap3.gif oh but it took sooooo long to find! hopefully it's worth while!

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Apr 22 10 8:09 PM

Its probably just a coincidence or a name Michael based his Character on or you could be right and our Sir Richard is immortal and their dad.

Aura:Orange
Scent:Blue Berry
Element:Time
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Apr 22 10 8:13 PM

QUOTE (imanube @ April 09, 2010 01:54 pm)
Yes, that is an idea. I was just thinking, maybe they are immortal, but just don't seem like it because they are so used to acting normal. And, all those times they are out on "archeological" digs, they might not be actually where they say they are.

Hmm very interesting but anytime I am faced with the possibility of someones magical abilities or immortality or even their 's I always come back to the the fact that someone somewhere would have noticed them .

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help