Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Oct 20 09 11:11 PM

I think that they are probably some historic people in disguise

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Ptolemy

Apprentice

#22 [url]

Oct 30 09 3:01 AM

where are they working that may give us some very good clues as to whom they are and their significance.

user posted image

Aura colour:Dark Red..........Aura scent: AppleCinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Nov 1 09 10:55 PM

Your'e right! The cover of the Necromancer has a Mayan/Inca/Aztec theme right? And aren't they investigating people like that? So maybe the Necromancer has something to do with them!

And also, maybe when Mr. Scott went to a Cafe or something he saw people named Elle or Roux. I mean, he never said that they had to be historic people.

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#24 [url]

Nov 2 09 12:31 AM

Might be a good idea not to take EVERYTHING Michael says that seriously. I think he meant that all the major charectors AT THAT TIME were all real people, (excluding Josh and Sophie). Beatrice from the Coffee Cup and Jefferson Miller (Guard @ Enoch Enterprises) are probably not real. Or important.

Just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif on the whole thing.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Nov 6 09 2:37 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ November 01, 2009 08:31 pm)
Might be a good idea not to take EVERYTHING Michael says that seriously. I think he meant that all the major charectors AT THAT TIME were all real people, (excluding Josh and Sophie). Beatrice from the Coffee Cup and Jefferson Miller (Guard @ Enoch Enterprises) are probably not real. Or important.

Just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif on the whole thing.

Well I took it to mean Main Characters. Because somehow I can't see the Twins remembering Roux, and even if he does come back as some crazy immortal in hiding, I just...well that's exactly it. I can't see it:)

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Nov 6 09 4:25 AM

Here's a little tid-bit from the FAQs section that Zephire has graciously put up for us

Is it true that all the characters in the series come from history and mythology?
A: Yes and no! All the major characters are from history or mythology, with the exception of Josh and Sophie (and maybe a few others). That's the rule I've made for myself. So, for example, mermaids are fair game, and so too is Dagon. Both have a mythological existence. Machiavelli, Dee, Flamel and Co are historical. Other than that, a policeman is just a policeman, a customer in the cafe is just a customer in the cafe etc.

Hopefully this will help on the subject on which characters are from mythology/history and which ones play too minor of a roll...

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jan 10 10 4:57 AM

I have been thinking a lot about Sophie and Josh's parents. I would argue that they may be more in the know about the world of Flamel/Dee/etc than most, but this could come from their interest in history/archeology. I would also argue that what they are working on in Utah will play a role in the coming books. I would tend to agree that they are probably not immortals themselves, as it would be very hard to watch your child age and die (anyone else watch BBC's Torchwood with Captain Jack?) But has it ever been said that immortals/elders/etc only had relationships with other immortals/elders/etc? Could the parents possibly be decedents of others with more power? That would give the tie to the magic that runs so strongly in the twins, but not make the parents something that would have caused them to hide so much from their children. Maybe even they are not aware of how closely linked they are all to all of this...just an idea.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jan 10 10 11:49 PM

I would like to think that the Newman parents, if they are indeed connected, are unaware. It woulod make the family seem more pure, I guess, and it would hurt Sophie and Josh that much more if their family was in it. Also, it could lead to further complications because they might be captured or something (but is this good or bad?)!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jan 14 10 1:52 AM

i was rereading the alchymest and found a part where sophie was remembering when the family went to see the methusleah tree. it's the oldest tree in the world and it's location is meant to be secret. any ideas?

Beware my army of black and white feathers

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jan 28 10 3:17 PM

I think Sophie and Josh's parents know more about the mysteries of the world than a typical parent. I think that while they are not immortal themselves (though they may have some connections), they are aware that there are great powers out there, or greater powers have been out there. I am thinking that their current dig in Utah will lead many clues not only to what happened in the past, but also some clues to what role Sophie and Josh may play in the coming conflict.

It seems to me that their role will be one to guide and educate Sophie and Josh on their path, based on the history they have found in their digs.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Mar 2 10 1:28 AM

I think that when we meet Richard and Sara, they'll be kind of confused, and then the twins will have to tell them everything. Then R+S will unleash their parental wrath on the Flamels, the whole "what did you do to our children!?" sort of thing. They will be kind of hesitant to believe in the magic and the Elders for a while, until they get caught in some kind of battle or something, and after that they will be depressed because their life's work is useless.

Aura color: blue
Scent: apples
Elemental Magic: earth
Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Mar 2 10 4:05 PM

QUOTE (Mist060 @ March 02, 2010 01:28 am)
I think that when we meet Richard and Sara, they'll be kind of confused, and then the twins will have to tell them everything. Then R+S will unleash their parental wrath on the Flamels, the whole "what did you do to our children!?" sort of thing. They will be kind of hesitant to believe in the magic and the Elders for a while, until they get caught in some kind of battle or something, and after that they will be depressed because their life's work is useless.

Or I think it would be funny to have them find something old and ancient at one of their dig sites that belonged to someone that could help them, and then they show up with this elder at their side to save the day. that would be awesome.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#37 [url]

Mar 2 10 7:29 PM

QUOTE (areop enapophobia @ March 02, 2010 12:41 pm)
Could Michael arranged an anagram in their name.... just trying to work it out.

Thats an interesting thought... although ive often wondered if their last name is a play on words... NEW ... MAN

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Mar 6 10 2:09 AM

I typed both of their names into an anagram-solving-site. I got nothing mythological.

Aura color: blue
Scent: apples
Elemental Magic: earth
Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Mar 6 10 9:16 PM

I was reading back through some old threads and Michael has one where he credits Romulus with getting a couple of his theories correct, then says that we give him too much credit with all the ones that are waaaay out there (mathematical or puzzle based)

I tried the anagram too and got nothing. Now if Gods or Hits were the authors then every name would be an anagram that related to the periodic table only to lead us to the Onyx Tigris virus.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Mar 22 10 12:23 AM

OK so i believe that the newman's will get involved becuz i remember somewhere in one of the books( wow vague enough ) john dee was talking about using their parents as hostages.

one thing i'd like to ask everyones thoughts on is the fact that josh and sophies ancestors are gods right? well if so then what do we make out of the part where there talking about mars and they say " he thought he was a god." are GODS more powerful than ELDERS...
and yes that does have something to do with this topic... i mean there all in the same family, right?

wait... are they... ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We humans are nothing more than the sum of our memories- Gilgamesh

aura color- red
aura scent- roses

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help