Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Aug 24 09 3:07 AM

Tags : :

The twin's parents, paelentologists and archeologists by trade, currently on loan to the University of San Francisco and at a dig site in Utah. What secrets could they have? Could they be magic users too, or even Immortals?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 24 09 6:03 AM

Here is question I've been mulling over in the old noggin, If Richard and Sara are in fact immortal then they are the first I've heard of that have children. So far I haven't met any immortals that have had children. Historically it is rumored that Perry had a child who was the "nephew" their fortune was left to but there is not talk of them having children post immortal transformaion. Is that a side effect of being immortal? No procreation?

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Aug 24 09 12:43 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 24, 2009 01:03 am)
Here is question I've been mulling over in the old noggin, If Richard and Sara are in fact immortal then they are the first I've heard of that have children. So far I haven't met any immortals that have had children. Historically it is rumored that Perry had a child who was the "nephew" their fortune was left to but there is not talk of them having children post immortal transformaion. Is that a side effect of being immortal? No procreation?

I imagine its more of a personal choice, if you were going to live forever would you want to watch your children grow old have children of their own and then pass all while you werent aging, not to mention you'd probably have to disappear after a while. Look at characters liked machiavelli and shakespeare that had children and had to leave them behind.

If richard and sara are immortal i cant imagine they'd want to watch sophie and josh grow old and die while they continued living on, and possibly would one day have to abandon the twins and act like they were no longer alive. Im guessing they are not immortal unless they were told that they must have children cause their children would be important, but we know there are very few characters that could possibly know how important sophie and josh would be.

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Aug 24 09 2:35 PM

So what if they are immortal and they were burden with the twins when they were born... so in other words, Richard and Sara arents their real parents!?

If they are their real parents then the it means that the god like descendant comes from either Sara or Richard, but which one? Or could it be both....?!

Since the twins are the only two fictional characters, research could be done on the parents but we dont have much else then their name right now...

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Aug 24 09 2:54 PM

I've been doing some "digging" on possible locations for Sara and Richard Newman in Utah. I found a couple of interesting things.

One there is a mining city in Utah called Ophir. Most of the ore mined in Ophir was lead, silver, and zinc with copper impurities. I think the presence of copper there is the most interesting. More info can be found here http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/3079/ophist.html

Another interesting thing I discovered is that archeologists in Utah often focus on excavating desert caves, studying Fremont culture and investigating well preserve Anasazi ruins. Which we have heard several references to Anasazi, one being Billy's scrying bowl and another being Nidhogg destroying the Anasazi people (however that was in the new mexico area). more info on Utah archeology can be found here http://www.utahtravelcenter.com/stateinfor.../archeology.htm

So its possible the Newman's are exploring Anasazi ruins while they are in utah.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Aug 24 09 3:21 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 24, 2009 02:54 pm)
I've been doing some "digging" on possible locations for Sara and Richard Newman in Utah. I found a couple of interesting things.

One there is a mining city in Utah called Ophir. Most of the ore mined in Ophir was lead, silver, and zinc with copper impurities. I think the presence of copper there is the most interesting. More info can be found here http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/3079/ophist.html

Another interesting thing I discovered is that archeologists in Utah often focus on excavating desert caves, studying Fremont culture and investigating well preserve Anasazi ruins. Which we have heard several references to Anasazi, one being Billy's scrying bowl and another being Nidhogg destroying the Anasazi people (however that was in the new mexico area). more info on Utah archeology can be found here http://www.utahtravelcenter.com/stateinfor.../archeology.htm

So its possible the Newman's are exploring Anasazi ruins while they are in utah.
Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 24 09 8:35 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ August 24, 2009 02:35 pm)
So what if they are immortal and they were burden with the twins when they were born... so in other words, Richard and Sara arents their real parents!?

If they are their real parents then the it means that the god like descendant comes from either Sara or Richard, but which one? Or could it be both....?!

Since the twins are the only two fictional characters, research could be done on the parents but we dont have much else then their name right now...

I'm inclined to agree with you on this point. My chips are on the fact that Richard and Sarah are not blood parients. That Sophie and Josh have parients who are Elders and knew thier potential and hid them from the dark elders. THat's my theory.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 5 09 3:46 AM

if there parents were elders then that would meen that they r immortal wich would difficult to hide right
plus that would mean they would have some sort of strange look to them like the red hair with scathach and the witch of endors eyes
i think that makes sense
flamelssecret/idk.gif flamelssecret/wall_.gif flamelssecret/faint.gif flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/pray.gif

Aura:Gray
Smell:Burning Sage

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 9 09 12:32 PM

Okay, this is a weird theory, so brace yourselves. What if Richard and Sara Newman are Elders (or even Archons, Great Elders, Next Generation), but their minds have been... "reprogrammed" so that they think that they're ordinary, powerless humans that see the world like average humans do? This would help them to raise Sophie and Josh away from the Dark Elders and to keep them safe from the power struggles until it was time. They wouldn't have to hide anything from their children because, to them, there is no secret.

Like I said, a weird theory. I wonder if there are any spells that allows you to erase, reprogram, or simply alter someone's mind, or the minds of Elders at that.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 10 09 10:09 PM

There is a spell to erase someone's memories. Perenelle mentioned in Book 3 that she could have erased Dee's memories but Nicholas refused saying that then, they'd be just as bad as Dee himself. Plus, I think that Richard and Sara probably aren't immortal. They wouldve known about the Elders and everything and if they did know, they wouldn't leave Sophie and Josh for a second knowing they could be in danger.

But Sara and Richard Newman may not be their blood parents ..... although, Nicholas says that Sophie and Josh are descended from the gods (sun and moon) themselves .... so maybe their real parents are Elders ... but the parents don't necessarily have to be immortal to have powerful kids .... I mean, an auras just an aura right? it doesn't have to run in the family.

Another new theory!!!!!!!!

Ok. What if Richard and Sara Newman were entrusted to take care of the twins?????????????????????????????????????????? flamelssecret/confused0058.gif I know. Weird theory right? But they couldve been. Meaning that they could easily be immortals entrusted by an Elder to guard the twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe Abraham the Mage himself entrusted the Newmans the twins cuz he'd know they were the twins of the legend cuz ... he knows things. And And AND!!!!!!! Maybe he's not a humani!!!!! Abraham I mean. Cuz it mentions this sometime in the Alchemyst when they explain how the Elders can't touch the Codex !!!!!!! I think. So he's not an Elder, but he could be an immortal!

Aura: Sapphire Blue

Scent: : Summer Breeze

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 22 09 4:49 AM

I dont think their immortal or awakened

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 4 09 11:21 PM

I really think everything revolves around Abraham the Mage. Somehow

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 6 09 3:29 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ September 09, 2009 12:32 pm)
Okay, this is a weird theory, so brace yourselves. What if Richard and Sara Newman are Elders (or even Archons, Great Elders, Next Generation), but their minds have been... "reprogrammed" so that they think that they're ordinary, powerless humans that see the world like average humans do? This would help them to raise Sophie and Josh away from the Dark Elders and to keep them safe from the power struggles until it was time. They wouldn't have to hide anything from their children because, to them, there is no secret.

Like I said, a weird theory. I wonder if there are any spells that allows you to erase, reprogram, or simply alter someone's mind, or the minds of Elders at that.

That is a really great theory. It' not weird at all, Indigo Spirit.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 19 09 4:33 PM

I don't really think that Richard and Sara Newmans are awakened or something like that. I think - they are just normal parents. The prophecy did not say about them. So...

Aura:Sunrise yellow
Scent:Coco

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Oct 19 09 4:34 PM

QUOTE (Santino @ October 19, 2009 12:33 pm)
I don't really think that Richard and Sara Newmans are awakened or something like that. I think - they are just normal parents. The prophecy did not say about them. So...

They are not directly mentioned in the prophecy, no, but Mr. Scott has said that the only two "fictional" characters are Sophie and Josh.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Oct 19 09 4:41 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ October 19, 2009 04:34 pm)
QUOTE (Santino @ October 19, 2009 12:33 pm)

They are not directly mentioned in the prophecy, no, but Mr. Scott has said that the only two "fictional" characters are Sophie and Josh.

You are saying that maybe twin parents are from legends, only with deceptively identities?! Cool!!!

Aura:Sunrise yellow
Scent:Coco

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 19 09 5:41 PM

Unfortunately, I ran into this issue before (see below). I don't think that every single character Mr. Scott referenced is "non-fiction". Then you would have to include Elle (coffee shop friend), Roux (french café worker), etc. flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ September 09, 2009 12:24 am)
Stop for a moment!

I'm reading the lists of every single character I've mentioned in the series thus far and I realize we're growing a monster.

Here is my suggestion.  Let us stick to characters we ABSOLUTELY know about.  (*rest edited) 

Michael

That doesn't mean that the Newman's aren't non-fiction, but I don't think we can discount the idea based on the fact that they were mentioned. Personally, I hope they are just normal parents, clueless. And as a parent, I can say that we like it that way

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Oct 19 09 5:55 PM

I just have a feeling that all their archeological digs that they go on...that they are looking for something very specific. What, I have no clue.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Oct 19 09 6:04 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ October 19, 2009 12:55 pm)
I just have a feeling that all their archeological digs that they go on...that they are looking for something very specific. What, I have no clue.

I agree i find it hard to believe the are completely clueless, they may have found something alluding to the fact that immortals or elders or archons exist, but its possible they have no idea how important their children might be.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 19 09 11:55 PM

You know, I never thought of that

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 20 09 7:06 AM

Perhaps they realised that they were wrong about something and it then suddenly proved that magic really was real!

user posted image

Readers are plentiful but, imaginers are rare
Aura colour: Azure, sky blue
Aura scent: Lotus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help