Remove this ad

#541 [url]

Aug 21 11 12:38 AM

I hadn't thought of that. Yes, if Dee kills the elders on Danu Talis, there wouldn't be anyone to grant him immortality in the first place, so he would never exist, at least in that strand of time.

And to just bring up what someone just said, why didn't the Flamels simply use the spell which infers immortality on themselves instead of brewing the potion all the time. I mean, Marethyu showed them how to read it. And don't anyone tell me that in 700 years he didn't get a little curious and look at the rest of the Codex. Also, in case anyone thinks it, an Elder can't be the only one to say the spell, as elders can't touch the Codex.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#542 [url]

Aug 22 11 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Cormac @ August 21, 2011 12:38 am)
And to just bring up what someone just said, why didn't the Flamels simply use the spell which infers immortality on themselves instead of brewing the potion all the time. I mean, Marethyu showed them how to read it. And don't anyone tell me that in 700 years he didn't get a little curious and look at the rest of the Codex. Also, in case anyone thinks it, an Elder can't be the only one to say the spell, as elders can't touch the Codex.

The Hook-handed man taught them how to decipher the Codex but it doesn't mean he nor Perenelle can use all the spells in the book.

This may be helpful
QUOTE (The Magician)
"Yes, there are spells in the Book which would do all that and much,
much more, he said seriously. I ve glimpsed spells in the Book that could
reduce this world to a cinder, others that would make the deserts bloom. But
Josh, even if I could work those spells which I cannot the material in the
Book is not mine to use."
Flamel's pale eyes bored into Josh's, and Josh had
no doubt now that the Alchemyst was telling the truth. "Perenelle and I are
only the Guardians of the Book. We are simply holding it in trust until we
can pass it on to its rightful owners. They will know how to use it."

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#543 [url]

Aug 22 11 12:27 PM

And has it been said in the books what the purpose of writing the Codex was? Was it simply to amass all of the world's knowledge?

I just think it's strange that neither Nicholas or PErenelle could perform the spells, I mena, who else is going to do it?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#544 [url]

Aug 22 11 1:41 PM

QUOTE (Cormac @ August 22, 2011 06:27 am)
And has it been said in the books what the purpose of writing the Codex was? Was it simply to amass all of the world's knowledge?

I just think it's strange that neither Nicholas or PErenelle could perform the spells, I mena, who else is going to do it?

Well Nick and Perry were only meant to be the guardians of the book, it seems like after the warlock the codex was written for the twins of legend. So you do not need to be able to understand or use a vast majority of the book to be its guardian. Which is why I think Marethyu only taught nicholas to read certain pages of the codex. Also early on in the series it seems nicholas devoted his time to alchemy and the codex while perry learned many other magics from a variety of sources.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#545 [url]

Aug 22 11 1:54 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 22, 2011 01:41 pm)
QUOTE (Cormac @ August 22, 2011 06:27 am)

Well Nick and Perry were only meant to be the guardians of the book, it seems like after the warlock the codex was written for the twins of legend. So you do not need to be able to understand or use a vast majority of the book to be its guardian. Which is why I think Marethyu only taught nicholas to read certain pages of the codex. Also early on in the series it seems nicholas devoted his time to alchemy and the codex while perry learned many other magics from a variety of sources.

I agree. Nicholas does say that the true owners of the book will know how to use it and we might have seen a glimpse of that already. Also, it doesn't mean that they could not perform the spells it's just a conscious decision not to. Like SC mentions, Nick devoted his time with the Codex studying alchemy, while Perry studied magic. They can probably use some of the spells if needed, but they will only use those that will not be as major as to recreate the world as they know it ie. turn it into a paradise as Dee told Josh.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#546 [url]

Aug 22 11 2:14 PM

So, would that suggest that Abraham had intended for the twins to use the final summoning or confer immortality or return the world to paradise, or did he simply want to ensure that the twins had all knowledge?
Sorry if this is straying off topic.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#547 [url]

Aug 22 11 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Cormac @ August 22, 2011 02:14 pm)
So, would that suggest that Abraham had intended for the twins to use the final summoning or confer immortality or return the world to paradise, or did he simply want to ensure that the twins had all knowledge?

Well, it said in one book, Abraham could see the strands of time. In one of the strands, maybe they DO use the final summoning, the immortality potion, or return the world to paradise. Or, maybe the immortality was planted for Nicholas and Perenelle so they would find the Twins of legend... If Nicholas hadn't used the immortality, the current guardian might have been Josh's and Sophie's next-door neighbor!

Aura-Green Scent-Aloe Vera
Mastered Element- Earth
"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Hamlet Act 2, scene 2, 239–251

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#548 [url]

Aug 23 11 3:04 PM

I think the latter, after all the Codex is a compendium of knowledge and that's is also why Nicholas and the other guardians are there to impart that knowledge and help them digest the contents.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Arantir

Spellcaster

#549 [url]

Oct 12 11 4:40 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 23, 2011 03:04 pm)

I think the latter, after all the Codex is a compendium of knowledge and that's is also why Nicholas and the other guardians are there to impart that knowledge and help them digest the contents.

The Book is also a prognosticus-a book of prophecies. It was made so that those things that were sent to come to pass would.

user posted image

Aura Color: Aquamarine Aura Scent: Ocean Spray
Mastered Magic: Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Ice, Aether, Lost Arts
Weapons: Zanmato, Elemental Blade of Light, Zwill Crossblade, Double Dagger of Wind
Mastered Arts: Necromancy, Summoning

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#550 [url]

Oct 13 11 3:36 PM

QUOTE (Arantir @ October 12, 2011 05:40 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 23, 2011 03:04 pm)

The Book is also a prognosticus-a book of prophecies. It was made so that those things that were sent to come to pass would.

You guys are straying flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif here again, please take the conversation about what the Codex is to the Codex thread and get this thread back on to it's topic of Nicholas Flamel, thank you!

Quote    Reply   

#551 [url]

Nov 11 11 3:35 AM

this is another thread noones been in 4 a while. i think nicholas is 90% trustworthy. he does some things/ says/ doesnt say things that may make him seem untrustworthy but overall, whatever hes done, it was always in the twins'/ humankind's best intrest.

aura: light violet /scent: lavender/magics: water, air, time(aether)
"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   

#552 [url]

Nov 19 11 2:54 PM

QUOTE (flamelfan96615 @ November 11, 2011 03:35 am)
this is another thread noones been in 4 a while. i think nicholas is 90% trustworthy. he does some things/ says/ doesnt say things that may make him seem untrustworthy but overall, whatever hes done, it was always in the twins'/ humankind's best intrest.

I believe that, too. However, I think saving humankind is most important to him. I think that Nicholas will do anything to save humankind, even if it is a dangerous for the twins.

Aura color: turquoise
Aura scent: pine
Magics: fire and aether

Quote    Reply   

#553 [url]

Nov 19 11 4:32 PM

QUOTE (Moonflare)
I think saving humankind is most important to him. I think that Nicholas will do anything to save humankind, even if it is a dangerous for the twins.

I have this feeling that there is more to it than just saving humankind. Nicholas and Perenelle have a secret, and I can't wait to find out in The Enchantress what that secret is... flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#555 [url]

Jan 8 12 3:23 AM

Nicholas may seem just a bit cold hearted sometimes. It really depends on how everyone themselves view the Flamels as good or bad.

Please just call me Pi3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751...

user posted image
Aura color: Purple
Aura scent: Grapes

Quote    Reply   

#556 [url]

Mar 15 12 2:57 AM

I just thought Nicholas can be trusted and not be trusted at the same time.
His intention aren't very clear but at the same time it clear that he want to protect the humani from dark elder... to ambiguous...

Quote    Reply   

#557 [url]

Mar 30 12 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Kuu Ikuya @ March 15, 2012 03:57 am)
I just thought Nicholas can be trusted and not be trusted at the same time.
His intention aren't very clear but at the same time it clear that he want to protect the humani from dark elder... to ambiguous...

I fully agree with you. I think Nicholas will just do whatever he has to do in order to protect the humani, no matter what it is (collecting twins, for example).

Aura color: turquoise
Aura scent: pine
Magics: fire and aether

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#558 [url]

Jun 12 12 12:25 AM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

**This thread is now open to posting and may contain information from The Enchantress**

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help