Remove this ad

#501 [url]

Jun 2 11 5:53 PM

Wow guys, Flamel needs some more love over here, haha.

I absolutely adored Nick's use of alchemy on the Lotan! It was simple yet extremely effective. Not to mention I laughed pretty hard when he annoyed Niten and Prometheus with the spiny chair (it reminded me of myself)

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#502 [url]

Jun 2 11 8:29 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ June 02, 2011 05:53 pm)
Not to mention I laughed pretty hard when he annoyed Niten and Prometheus with the spiny chair (it reminded me of myself)

I also really liked that part!! I also liked the part when he just sat up suddenly after he was revived. He was like "Oh, did I miss anything funny?" I just started laughing.

Aura Color: Magenta
Aura Scent: Chocolate Raspberry
Element: Water

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#503 [url]

Jun 2 11 9:44 PM

Seriously? No love for Nick?

Like Sparticle I really liked the scene where he defeated the Lotan. The were cautious about the creature in Alcatraz and thought it would do a great deal of damage yet Nicholas bare used his aura. It was Alchemy at its best.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#504 [url]

Jun 2 11 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ June 02, 2011 09:44 pm)
Seriously? No love for Nick?

Like Sparticle I really liked the scene where he defeated the Lotan. The were cautious about the creature in Alcatraz and thought it would do a great deal of damage yet Nicholas bare used his aura. It was Alchemy at its best.

I agree! it was so cool!! (So was the Lotan,admitedly) flamelssecret/read.gif

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#505 [url]

Jun 3 11 12:31 AM

Nick is my all time favourite character
"Did I miss anything exciting?" flamelssecret/clap3.gif
Completly agree with the Loten scene

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   

SOTINF

Apprentice

#506 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:09 AM

This book really made me wonder what his trigger is for.

Aura: Pure White
Aura Scent: Freshly Brewed Coffee
Elements: Earth and Fire
Magic: Sorcery and Necromancy

Quote    Reply   

#507 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:25 AM

"Behold the Loan"

And it was an egg!

I too loved both the squeaky chair scene, and he just sat bolt upright, and said "Have I missed anything exciting" like nothing happened flamelssecret/hysterical.gif I could not stop laughing!

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#508 [url]

Jun 3 11 3:57 AM

So does him using his aura still affect him and stuff like before when with his no battery thing?

Aura: dark red Scent:fresh blood powers and skills:Summoners, Necromancers, Blood magic, Illusionists, shadow magic, geomancers, power of darkness, Elementalists, spirt/demon magic

Quote    Reply   

#509 [url]

Jun 3 11 4:05 AM

Yes. He was able to transmutate the Lotan back to an egg because Perenelle recharged his aura and gave him part of her life.

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

Mollysarmy

Next Generation Elder

#510 [url]

Jun 3 11 4:48 AM

QUOTE (SOTINF @ June 02, 2011 07:09 pm)

I have been wondering about that too. I think that we have only seen a small part of what Nicolas can really do. I am really looking forward to seeing his role in the next book. I didn't expect him to make it through the first chapter of this book, so I was pleasantly surprised. I think he has some interesting things up his sleeve.

Aura color: Purple
Aura scent: Maple Syrup

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#511 [url]

Jun 3 11 6:08 AM

No signor flamel, nothing important!!

Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#512 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:33 PM

QUOTE (Mollysarmy @ June 02, 2011 10:48 pm)

I have been wondering about that too. I think that we have only seen a small part of what Nicolas can really do. I am really looking forward to seeing his role in the next book. I didn't expect him to make it through the first chapter of this book, so I was pleasantly surprised. I think he has some interesting things up his sleeve.

Well The magic he used in this book was alchemy, he change the lotan from its monster form back to an egg, and trigger tattoos as far as we've seen are for elemental magic. So its possible nick has some kind of elemental magic in addition to the alchemy he knows and thats what the trigger is for. His trigger is the symbol for earth, just as sophie's is the symbol is for fire, so its possible its for earth magic, which i think would compliment his alchemy skills well.

Quote    Reply   

#514 [url]

Jun 3 11 5:20 PM

I'm thinking some kind of superpowerful, selfless nova of power that saves everyone but kills him. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#515 [url]

Jun 3 11 6:37 PM

Even though Nicholas is pretty awesome, I've got a pretty bad feeling he's going to die. Even if they got the Codex back, since they're so close to death, I'm not sure if the immortality thing will even work.

Aura Color: Dark Grey Aura Scent: Nothing

Quote    Reply   

#516 [url]

Jun 3 11 6:45 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 03, 2011 02:33 pm)
QUOTE (Mollysarmy @ June 02, 2011 10:48 pm)

Well The magic he used in this book was alchemy, he change the lotan from its monster form back to an egg, and trigger tattoos as far as we've seen are for elemental magic. So its possible nick has some kind of elemental magic in addition to the alchemy he knows and thats what the trigger is for. His trigger is the symbol for earth, just as sophie's is the symbol is for fire, so its possible its for earth magic, which i think would compliment his alchemy skills well.

I think it could be magic too. Remember in the dojo when he did the jungle thing. It may have been alchemy but I think it was mixed with a little earth magic too.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#517 [url]

Jun 3 11 7:46 PM

I remember that Josh wondered why nicolas would have a trigger. I do believe it is a trigger. I also think it is for earth magic because the circle with a cross in it(as it was described in the alchemyst) is the symbol of the Roman goddess Terra(mother earth).

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#518 [url]

Jun 3 11 8:13 PM

That's interesting. I wonder what the trigger would be for water magic.
Maybe a trident

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#519 [url]

Jun 3 11 10:34 PM

Who might have Nicholas learned Earth Magic from? Have Nicholas and Tsagaglalal met before? Maybe Tsagaglalal taught him.

Aura Color: Magenta
Aura Scent: Chocolate Raspberry
Element: Water

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#520 [url]

Jun 3 11 10:52 PM

QUOTE (orik @ June 03, 2011 06:45 pm)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 03, 2011 02:33 pm)

Well The magic he used in this book was alchemy, he change the lotan from its monster form back to an egg, and trigger tattoos as far as we've seen are for elemental magic.  So its possible nick has some kind of elemental magic in addition to the alchemy he knows and thats what the trigger is for.  His trigger is the symbol for earth, just as sophie's is the symbol is for fire, so its possible its for earth magic, which i think would compliment his alchemy skills well.

I think it could be magic too. Remember in the dojo when he did the jungle thing. It may have been alchemy but I think it was mixed with a little earth magic too.

Well Alchemy is a mixture of science and magic, and I believe Nick mentioned this in book one. You have to look into the molecular structure of the object to transform it and that's how Nick made trees from the wooden floor of the dojo. He returned them to its original for like he did to the Lotan.

I agree with SC. Earth Magic does compliment Nicholas' alchemical abilities very well since his craft deals a lot with science - biology and chemistry - which is essentially the root of Earth Magic or as Tsagaglalal says of all the Magics.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help