Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Nov 1 08 4:21 PM

He never tells the full truth for one reason. He is worried someone who is in this "group" will turn on him and possibly is working with Dee. He could suspect Josh who after all has been with Machevelli and Dee for quite sometime. But before any of that happened he did not tell the full truth. I think either Nick or Perry has a bit of a seeing ahead magic. And they saw one of the twins attacking Nick, so will not tell them the full truth but will tell Scatty more of the truth.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Nov 13 08 1:24 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 01, 2008 09:56 am)
QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 30, 2008 09:37 pm)
As it says in the book, Nicholas Flamel never tells the whole truth!

Ahh the key phrase...but why do you think he never just tells them the whole story/truth of the perils that lie ahead and what they must do to save the world?

well i think he is doing that because i believe him when he says that it takes out the other person's chances to learn.....and

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 01, 2008 04:21 pm)
He never tells the full truth for one reason. He is worried someone who is in this "group" will turn on him and possibly is working with Dee. He could suspect Josh who after all has been with Machevelli and Dee for quite sometime. But before any of that happened he did not tell the full truth. I think either Nick or Perry has a bit of a seeing ahead magic. And they saw one of the twins attacking Nick, so will not tell them the full truth but will tell Scatty more of the truth.

If he thought that, then he wouldnt have given josh the final pages of the codex, and i dont think also that either he or perenelle can see the future, or everything would have been easy for them....there wouldn't have been all the story....

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#23 [url]

Nov 21 08 12:33 AM

If he suspects that Josh will turn to the dark side (and there is no way he knows, he has no foresight - remember, the Witch had to sacrifice her eyes to see the strands of time), why has Flamel entrusted Josh with the two vital pages of the book? Michael

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Nov 21 08 5:14 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 21, 2008 12:33 am)
If he suspects that Josh will turn to the dark side (and there is no way he knows, he has no foresight - remember, the Witch had to sacrifice her eyes to see the strands of time), why has Flamel entrusted Josh with the two vital pages of the book? Michael

In the book Abraham could see the strands of time yet had eyes and was like a perfect guy.

I never said he will think Josh will turn. I think he thinks Sophie will turn. Why does he want Scatty protecting Sophie a tiny bit more?

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Nov 23 08 11:48 PM

It is in the Alchemyst. Hecate talks about him and says that he could see the strands of time and was one of the few people ever to be able to. Nick also thinks that he was not elder or human.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#28 [url]

Nov 30 08 4:41 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 24, 2008 12:48 am)
It is in the Alchemyst. Hecate talks about him and says that he could see the strands of time and was one of the few people ever to be able to. Nick also thinks that he was not elder or human.

You are right, it does say that Abraham could see the strands of time..but it also never said he was human...nor did it say he was an Elder....so I wonder what he could be?

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Nov 30 08 6:14 AM

Well Flamel knew he was not human and thought he was Elder until Hecate said that elders cannot look or touch the codex. We also know that he married a human woman and had half human children. That means he should have left a bloodline which means that his descendants could be in the book and possibly are Sophie and Josh.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Dec 1 08 4:23 AM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 30, 2008 07:14 am)
Well Flamel knew he was not human and thought he was Elder until Hecate said that elders cannot look or touch the codex. We also know that he married a human woman and had half human children. That means he should have left a bloodline which means that his descendants could be in the book and possibly are Sophie and Josh.

That is an interesting point..the twins possibly being Abraham's decendants is one of the points I considered quite early on, and I haven't found anything on my re-reads (yet) to say that it isn't possible! Hekate is spelt with a K btw!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Dec 1 08 5:24 AM

Really? My book on mythology spells Hekate with the C. Oh well.

As for the twins being of that bloodline, it seems likely. I would put money on it that somewhere in the twins family there is a person with a black aura, not that they are still alive though.

Anyone else here think the really old aunt in California knows a whole lot about this magic and all of it? I think she may be an immortal human or she is just tapped into her aura. She seems too knowing when she lets the twins go. Also at times it seems like Flamel has met her and like sat down and really talked to her. But the most he could have met her for was maybe like an hour, not really enough time.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

Dec 1 08 2:19 PM

QUOTE (Vinterulv @ November 30, 2008 11:24 pm)
Really? My book on mythology spells Hekate with the C. Oh well.

yea its spelled both ways in a lot of places, throughout mythology, however in the alchemyst its spelled with a k.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Dec 5 08 7:05 PM

I do not want Nicholas and Perenelle to die! I want them to live, just like I want to believe that in real life they faked their own deaths and Nicholas rescued Perenelle from their tomb and they went out into the world to teach and learn and live. They surely cannot die and if they do I don't believe it will be in battle. If they do die I think it will be their choice, after the Dark Elders are repressed, and then they decide they are tired of life. I don't believe they will be killed in battle. It seems so wrong to me.
With regard to whether Nicholas is trustworthy, I agree with one of the earlier posts, that he is good for mankind in general, although not to individuals in particular. He needs the Twins to complete his life's work, and he's invested everything into that. I think he is a good man, but a man with his eye on the prize.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 23 08 5:51 PM

Ooh! Just read on Nick's Myspace page that one of his favourite TV shows is Firefly and he likes Serenity too! That makes me feel very good about myself as I love them too. And he's much cleverer than me!

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

Dec 23 08 5:52 PM

QUOTE (Melpomene @ December 23, 2008 01:51 pm)
Ooh! Just read on Nick's Myspace page that one of his favourite TV shows is Firefly and he likes Serenity too! That makes me feel very good about myself as I love them too. And he's much cleverer than me!

Firefly is one of the greatest television shows of all time.

Stupid Fox for letting it die.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jan 2 09 4:17 PM

QUOTE (Nalic @ December 07, 2008 06:57 am)
I Want them to live but i kinda think it would be powerful if they die together at the end of the last book.

well i think that they will die but not in the final battle, but, they'll die a atural death after nicholas gives the codex to josh and sophie as he said in the magician that they are just the guardians of the books, not the owners, so josh asks who are the owners and gets a reply that he and sophie are. So what i am suggesting is that they would die but a natural death, like nick would say something emotional before dying, and well he and perry will console the twins even before they die....but yes even i dont want them to die....but maybe they'll come in the end and say that st germain found the immortality formula that he perfected in tibet, and that they used it and became immortal again ....

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jan 3 09 3:31 AM

I do have a feeling that the Flamels might die, the series is called the Secrets of the Nicholas Flamel, so I think that might be that when he dies, the secrets he held will be revealed, and that might have something to do with the story. I'm just not sure when, I mean each story if you think about really takes place over just a couple of days. So I don't think they'll die of old age, because the average book takes what, 3 days? If he had 30 days at the beginning of the series, at the end of 6 books, he would have about 12 days left. So IF he dies, it would have to be by other means.

I also have a theory that Flamel actually is with an elder, I remember several times this is mentioned, "Flamel never tells anyone the whole truth." maybe he might be with an elder, just not formally serve him/her.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jan 3 09 5:39 PM

Well i would disagree there cos i think that when flamel uses his powers he ages, so he has much less than a month....and i dont think he serves any elder, and as for not telling anybody everything, i beleive when he says that if you tell somebody everything, it leaves their scope of learning, and remember he was a teacher to many famous people, including comte de st germain, john dee, william shakespeare, etc etc.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jan 3 09 9:57 PM

QUOTE (Ectw101)
I do have a feeling that the Flamels might die, the series is called the Secrets of the Nicholas Flamel, so I think that might be that when he dies, the secrets he held will be revealed, and that might have something to do with the story.
I have a feeling that we'll see the Flamel's all the way through to book 6...

One reason is the same as yours: title of the series
The other is that each book, so far, has opened and closed with Nicholas writing in his 'Day Booke' and I think we'll continue to see that in subsequent books.

I also have a theory that Flamel actually is with an elder, I remember several times this is mentioned, "Flamel never tells anyone the whole truth." maybe he might be with an elder, just not formally serve him/her.
I don't think that Flamel is allied with an Elder, but that doesn't mean he isn't up to something. In fact, I think I read somewhere that the author, Michael Scott, said something to the effect of 'not trusting Flamel'.

Actually, here's a quote that I've come across from here:

QUOTE (Michael Scott)
No. Immortality is a specific gift. There are three ways to become immortal - here's a quote from the book (I'm using the original manscript which might differ ever so slightly from the printed book.)
Over the centuries, the Flamels had come into contact with three entirely different types of immortal humans. There were the Ancients – now perhaps no more than a handful still alive - who hailed from Earth’s very distant past. Some had witnessed the entire span of human history and it had made them more, and less, than human.

Then there were a few others who, like Nicholas and Perenelle, had discovered for themselves how to become immortal. Down through the millennia, the secrets of alchemy had been discovered, lost and rediscovered countless times. One of the greatest secrets of alchemy was the formula for immortality. And all alchemy – and possibly even modern science – had one single source: the Book of Abraham the Mage.

Then there were those who had been given the gift of immortality. These were humans who had, either accidentally or deliberately, come to the attention of one or other of the Elders who had remained in this world after the Fall of Danu Talis. The Elders were always on the look-out for people of exceptional or unusual ability to recruit to their cause. And in return for their service, the Elders granted their followers extended life. It was a gift very few humans could refuse. It was also a gift that ensured absolute, unswerving loyalty ... because it could be withdrawn as quickly as it had been given.

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help