Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Oct 5 08 3:41 AM

Tags : :

Sophie is pretty sure he's a good guy but Josh isn't so sure, he has certainly both protected the twins and endangered them too...so what side do you think he's on?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Oct 24 08 5:47 PM

Well, I think that he is good for the human race but not necessarily good for the twins - or any other specific character. I think he is putting a lot of stock in the prophecy and I think that he sees the big picture of what will become of the world - and so if the "greater good" requires him to do something that isn't good for the twins, I think he will. But I assume I will have more feelings one way or another after reading the Magician too. This is just based on the info in the Alchemyst where he talks about what he believes the prophecy means (well, the little he talks about it anyway).

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 24 08 8:38 PM

I think that Nicholas will eventually become corrupt from the prophecy..hes devoted his LIFE to following and waiting for this prophecy to come true however it might not go the way he plans or...it just may spiral out of control and he may go insane...and turn on the group. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Oct 25 08 2:26 AM

QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 24, 2008 10:29 pm)
Quick question: does anyone think there is a possibility that he and Perrenelle will die without their potion??

Yes, I think it is a given certainty that they will die without the Elixer, I also think that his desperation to get the Codex back together so that he can make a new draft of the Elixer is one of the motivating factors for some of his more reckless and shady behaviours.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Oct 26 08 3:10 AM

QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 25, 2008 04:54 pm)
Ok. Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the input.

You're welcome anyone else got a theory on Nicholas?

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Oct 26 08 6:24 AM

QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 26, 2008 06:29 am)
I agree that he and Perrenelle will probably die by the end of the series.

Gosh, such pessimists! flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif Even with all their magic and experience, you still think that? Not forgetting that they still have Scatty, Sophie and Josh on their side!...Or the title of the series...."The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 26 08 5:18 PM

Uhm immortal or not there life is on a very strict clock that is only about 27 days or 24 days left if my memory serves me...if they don't get the codex or a different way to make the potion they die, powers or not =\

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 26 08 7:14 PM

I really hope that Nicholas and Perenelle do not die by the end of the series, as I think Sophie and Josh will need their help to keep the rest of humankind safe from the return of the Dark Elders. Maybe I am just too much of a happily-ever-after kind of gal, but I just can't picture them dying at the end...unless maybe if it is their choice to finally die. Maybe once Sophie and Josh get the rest of the Codex, they will take over as Guardians of the Book and Nicholas and Perenelle will have the choice to move on to the next great adventure (as Nicholas' good friend said..."To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.")

user posted image
Aura color:Bright Red/Dark Green
Aura scent: Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 26 08 7:59 PM

QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo @ October 26, 2008 02:14 pm)
unless maybe if it is their choice to finally die.

This is a great point.... It is possible that Nicholas and Perrenelle will die out of their choice for humankind. Maybe they will use up their auras to destroy an Elder or something, and it will kill them and the Elder.

-Mo
The Alchemyst and The Magician are awesome!!

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#14 [url]

Oct 27 08 4:00 AM

QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 26, 2008 08:59 pm)
QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo @ October 26, 2008 02:14 pm)
unless maybe if it is their choice to finally die.

This is a great point.... It is possible that Nicholas and Perrenelle will die out of their choice for humankind. Maybe they will use up their auras to destroy an Elder or something, and it will kill them and the Elder.

Two great thought points there..and if they will need that amount of power to destroy anyone..i'm betting it would be Dr.Dee's Dark Elder!

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Oct 29 08 5:43 PM

I think we keep getting reminded not to trust him. And that means either (i) it is meant as a misdirection or (ii) we really shouldn't trust his. (I know, I am a master of the obvious, aren't I?). But I have been thinking about what Nicholas told Josh when they split up in Paris at the beginning of the Magician. He told Josh - and Josh said he actually believed what Flamel was saying this time - that the stuff in the book wasn't his to use and that he and Perry are simply the guardians of the book - holding it until it can be passed to the rightful owners who will know how to use it. And then he tells Josh that he honestly, with all his heart, believes that Josh and Sophie are the rightful owners. He says that he is gambling his, Perry's and the whole human races survival on the fact that Josh and Sophie are the owners. And so while we are reminded by many (Josh, the Witch through Sophie, Scatty, etc), I think that he will turn out to be on the side of the greater good and the human race - even if that means he isn't to be trusted by Josh or Sophie at any particular moment in time. But I say that only about 1/2 way through the Magician.... so that is subject to change (not only am I a master of the obvious, but I totally know when to hedge my bets )

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Oct 30 08 1:49 PM

I definately think nicholas flamel is an extremely complex character. That being said like the title implies nicholas does have some serious secrets he's holding onto, the codex only being the beginning of those secrets. I think nicholas will act in what he thinks is the best interests to regain control of the book, help fufill the prophecy and help train the twins and hand over control of the book to the twins. I also think that he is going to act in the interest of saving perenelle and himself. That being said I think two things, one that just cause nicholas acts in what he thinks is the best interest of the prophecy may not actually be the case and two that his interests in saving perenelle and himself will at some point conflict with the purpose of the prophecy and helping the twins save human kind, and the question is which will he side with.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Nov 1 08 9:56 AM

QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 30, 2008 09:37 pm)
As it says in the book, Nicholas Flamel never tells the whole truth!

Ahh the key phrase...but why do you think he never just tells them the whole story/truth of the perils that lie ahead and what they must do to save the world?

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 1 08 3:02 PM

He doesnt want them to know what they are fighting for, possibly?

-Mo
The Alchemyst and The Magician are awesome!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help