Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Aug 20 09 2:13 AM

Tags : :

The old spider, trapped on Alcatraz with Perenelle these old aquaintances team up to escape the Island and defeat the Sphinx.. but whose side is the spider really on?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 20 09 3:15 AM

Woah, somebody did a major cleaning job! Excellent work!

I think Areop-enap was, in the beginning, acting for herself. But that may change with her newest meeting with Perry.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 20 09 4:34 AM

On the podcasts, they say Arop-anop. Is it that, or my way: Air-ee-op Ee-nap?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 20 09 4:57 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 20, 2009 04:34 am)

I've heard it Arop-eenap. That's how I pronounce it XD

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#4 [url]

Aug 20 09 8:26 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 20, 2009 04:34 am)

i pronounce it in a similar fashon.

I think the Old Spider fights for her own in recent centuries. like Hekate, she was one of the few Elders who fought for the Humani race and a few who claim to have been there when the Codex was transcibed. basing on her history, I'm inclined to think that she will pick the same side she chose in the past. if she was able to set aside her fued w/ the sorceress then i see it as a very good omen.

I don't know why, I know it was said that she is an Elder, but when I think of Archons I also conect they w/ Areop-enap. meybe because she looks more primitive that other elders we've seen. flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Aug 20 09 12:21 PM

I pronounce it on the podcast they why it is spoken in the audiobooks... Nothings to say that is correct! That's just how the readers say it, so that's how I say it.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 20 09 7:00 PM

So I was looking on godchecker and saw the legend of Areop-Enap. Something about a giant clam...

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#7 [url]

Aug 22 09 10:41 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 20, 2009 07:00 pm)
So I was looking on godchecker and saw the legend of Areop-Enap. Something about a giant clam...

what does she have to do w/ clams?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 22 09 8:12 PM

Areop-Enap comes from the Nauru folklore (a small island in the Pacific). They myth about the creation of Earth was that at the beginning of creation only two things existed, Areop-Enap and the sea. While hunting it found an enormous clam, before she can sting it, the clam shallow her completely. Inside, Areop-Enap found a snail, who put it under her arm and sleep for three days, passing some of her power to the snail. When awakes it found a larger snail and repeat the same, after that it order the small snail to climb up and prise the calm open. As the snail moves it left behind a fluorescent trail, at the light of it Areop-Enap see a worm, ignoring the snail it places a strength spell upon the worm and persuade it to open the clam.

As trying open the clam, the worm left a sea of sweat underneath it, the salty water killed the clam and open. Areop-Enap convert the lower shell in the Earth and the upper shell into Sky. Then the smaller snail became the Moon and the larger one became the Sun. The Old Spider create islands from the clam's meat, and when turn to see the worm, it had drowned in its own sweat, Areop-Enap wrapped it in a cocoon and turned it into the Milky Way.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 22 09 4:38 AM

I think shes good becuase she helped perenelle escape

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 4 09 10:56 PM

There are many storys with Aerop Enop, especially in African Myths. I believe she fights for good.

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 5 09 5:10 PM

QUOTE (Alchemyst11 @ October 04, 2009 10:56 pm)
There are many storys with Aerop Enop, especially in African Myths. I believe she fights for good.

If I remember correctly ... The Spider isn't about taking sides, but had been known to fight for humani when it came down to the wire.

So I guess technically that is fighting for "good" ... haha

user posted image

Aura Color: Amaranth
Aura Scent: Freshly Broken Pomegranate

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 5 09 8:37 PM

QUOTE (jacobs_bella @ October 05, 2009 05:10 pm)
QUOTE (Alchemyst11 @ October 04, 2009 10:56 pm)

If I remember correctly ... The Spider isn't about taking sides, but had been known to fight for humani when it came down to the wire.

So I guess technically that is fighting for "good" ... haha

Yes... "good" is the proper way to write that word... flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

flamelssecret/clock.gif

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 5 09 10:52 PM

I agree

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 27 09 11:40 PM

I always that Areop-Enap was a male.....well I feel bad for he/she, getting attacked by all those poison flies.

"I tried teaching ninjas, but they were never that good, believe me." - Scathach

"At the heart of every legend, there is a grain of truth." -Scatach

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#15 [url]

Nov 3 09 7:14 AM

I'm rereading book 3 now and I find it interesting that the Dark Elders refer only to the Old Spider as It and in the Magician, I don't ever remember Perry specificaly mention its gender. I'll look futher into this when i've progressed deeper into the book, but at the moment it leads me to think that the Elder is asexual.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Nov 16 09 1:47 AM

Now, this quote leads me to a whole slew of questions..

QUOTE (The Magician)
"No," Areop-Enap said. "The individual words are powerful, it is true, but Dee set them up in the particular pattern that kept me trapped in the cell.
Every time I tried to escape, it was as if I ran into a solid wall. I've seen that pattern before, but it was in the days before the Fall of Danu Talis. In fact, now that I think of it, the last time I saw that pattern was before we had even created the island continent and dragged it up from the ocean floor. Someone instructed Dee; someone knew how to create these magical Wards, someone who'd seen them."

Areop helped create Danu Talis? Who helped the spider do that? Who used them on Danu? Who gave them to Dee?

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#17 [url]

Nov 16 09 3:35 AM

i believe the Spider also said that Danu Talis was raised by the Great Elders, i still have to look for the exact quote though

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 4 10 10:36 PM

So then why would Areop-Enap imply that it was there and helped raise Danu Talis if it wasn't a Great Elder? I know that one of the immortal humans said that all of the Great Elders were killed or driven into the Shadowrealms, but do we know if Areop-Enap is one of them?

Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider.
Francis Bacon

Aura: Ice Blue
Scent: Lilac

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 4 10 11:08 PM

Well A-E does say that she is not one of the great elders in a conversation with Perry. Also another thing we learn from the Magician is that Bastet was one of the Original Elders or Ruling Elders on Danu Talis though it never says that she is a great elder either. Maybe there is some descrepency between those titles of power that is not directly evident by their age.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 5 10 4:41 AM

This is just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif, but I've always thought of the Great Elders as the few "head" elders, with the greatest power and most authority. I don't think I would consider Bastet a great elder just because she was one of the ruling elders on DT. Whether it's because they have the most power like I said before or something else...

If we want to continue this discussion, might I suggest moving it to a more appropriate thread.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help