Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Jul 19 10 7:06 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus II @ July 18, 2010 06:19 pm)
I have seen in a couple of movies Hekate featured as an evil goddess...
So now I'm confused was she worshiped as an evil or good goddess ??

well in some books she is evil but her roll as a good person or a bad one changes

CODE
immortal champions
And thats what i think
Aura Color=gray
sent= roses

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Jul 19 10 7:11 PM

Well All I know is in this other book I read... it was called witch, There was this clan of witches and they all worshiped Hekate.. with statues... they simply just called her "The Goddess"

But in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel... she doesn't choses sides. She said she never does. and the one time she actually did choses sides... she died. So it seems as if she had a pretty good idea to start with.

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Jul 19 10 7:12 PM

QUOTE (totoro53 @ July 17, 2010 11:36 pm)
The Titans were before the Olympians. Most of the Olympians, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon, Athena and Hera? If I'm not mistaken... are the children of the titans. And then the Rest of the Olympians are the children of Zeus Hades Poseidon Athena and Hera. (I might have the names wrong, but you get the idea)

You're pretty close.

Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Hera were the children of the Titans.
Then came the other gods.
Athena, Hephestus, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Ares(Mars), Apollo, Artemis, Demeter, Hermes.

Sorry if I was flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif

well aprodite came from the remains of uranus when the titans killed him

CODE
immortal champions
And thats what i think
Aura Color=gray
sent= roses

Quote    Reply   

#104 [url]

Jul 25 10 7:20 PM

Yep, Demeter was a daughter of Khronos and Rhea also, along with Hestia.

Was she worshipped as a evil or good goddess??

She was sort of in between. She was a goddess of black magic, necromancy, the new moon, and murders, but was also an agriculture and travel goddess.
She helped Demeter when she was trying to find her daughter, Persephone, so I guess people who worshipped Demeter would think of her as good.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#105 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:55 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Sep 13 10 3:10 AM

I think the Mother Goddess that Wiccans beleive in might have influenced Hekate (the character, not the myth). In Wiccan myths, the Goddess starts off as a girl, then ages until she is an old woman. Only in Wicca, it's based on the phases of the moon, not the sun, but the resemblance is still there.

user posted image

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#108 [url]

Sep 13 10 9:25 AM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ September 13, 2010 03:10 am)
I think the Mother Goddess that Wiccans beleive in might have influenced Hekate. In Wiccan myths, the Goddess starts off as a girl, then ages until she is an old woman. Only in Wicca, it's based on the phases of the moon, not the sun, but the resemblance is still there.

Actually, that might be correct. Hekate is known to be the Goddess of Magic.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#109 [url]

Sep 13 10 9:16 PM

Actually that's something I've thought was weird... Hekate is known as the goddess of magic, but so is Isis... flamelssecret/confused0058.gif

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#110 [url]

Sep 14 10 9:22 AM

I think she was known as the Goddess of Magic because she can control all the Elemental Magic with only the possible exemption of Aether, and she can uses (I think) three at the same time.

Remember she was cocky enough to say in the Yggrasill that Bastet would need 2 other Dark Elder to defeat her.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#111 [url]

Sep 15 10 12:56 AM

Yes, the Greeks thought of Hekate as a powerful goddess, because her mother was a necromancer goddess,
her father was a war god,
her grandmothers were titanesses of moonlight and power,
and her grandfathers were titans of intelligence and constellations.

She combines all of their abilities, making her beautiful and dangerous.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#112 [url]

Sep 16 10 9:28 AM

In The Alchemyst, Hekate referred to Bastet as her sister. This confuses me because according to mythology, Hekate and Ares are second cousins. So if Ares and Bastet are siblings, that would make Bastet and Hekate second cousins as well. Unless Bastet is just a half sister of Ares, and Bastet's other parent is either Perses or Asteria, then that would make Bastet and Hekate half sisters, but siblings nonetheless..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#113 [url]

Oct 6 10 1:11 PM

I think that all Elders call each other "brother" or "sister" (unless its their parents or something), and all of the Next Generation, "neice" or "nephew",
like lots of tribes do.

Remember, most of them haven't been on earth for a very long time, or at least they didn't stay long enough to learn about human social systems.
That could be why they still call everyone their sibling.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Dec 23 10 1:59 AM

i dont really have much to say about her. i trust her, but she does seem kind of dangerously mysterious. if mystriousness had a level of danger. we dont know much about her, and who are her parents? a titan? which one? flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Dec 23 10 2:05 AM

QUOTE (Areop-Enap sister24 @ December 23, 2010 01:59 am)
i dont really have much to say about her. i trust her, but she does seem kind of dangerously mysterious. if mystriousness had a level of danger. we dont know much about her, and who are her parents? a titan? which one? flamelssecret/idk.gif

I think it's such a terrible shame that we won't get to see her doing anything new. On account of how she died in The Alchemyst. Poor Hekate. Still, I bet there's still more to come about the Yggdrasills and maybe her lineage too! We know Bastet and The Morrigan are in a lot of trouble still over their parts in her death.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Dec 23 10 2:18 AM

QUOTE (Melpomene @ December 23, 2010 02:05 am)
QUOTE (Areop-Enap sister24 @ December 23, 2010 01:59 am)

I think it's such a terrible shame that we won't get to see her doing anything new. On account of how she died in The Alchemyst. Poor Hekate. Still, I bet there's still more to come about the Yggdrasills and maybe her lineage too! We know Bastet and The Morrigan are in a lot of trouble still over their parts in her death.

true, i hope, somehow, if odin's love is still great enough for her, and if he escapes from wherever he is, that he can somehow bring her back. i really want more of her!!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#117 [url]

Dec 23 10 9:47 AM

QUOTE (Melpomene @ December 23, 2010 02:05 am)
I think it's such a terrible shame that we won't get to see her doing anything new. On account of how she died in The Alchemyst.

Maybe we'll know more about her in the last two books. The Witch of Endor was best friends with her and if Marethyu did in fact bring Scathach and the others back in time we might see her in Danu Talis

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#118 [url]

Dec 23 10 6:34 PM

I hope we see her in Danu Talis!
She was my favorite character in the Alchemyst.
I almost flamelssecret/crying.gif when she died.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

Jan 6 11 6:07 PM

i think she will be there, because she said that she was there on danu talis when old abe made the codex. but the question is as always: will we see her?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Jan 6 11 7:01 PM

She was banished from Danu Talis, though, right?
So, she was gone before the island sank.

I guess she could have returned to help out though.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help