Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Mar 10 10 10:29 PM

On wikipedia under archon it says that hekate was an archon so that may just be another myth... or is it??? flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

Aura
Color:Okra
Scent:La Pomme de la Terre

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Mar 10 10 10:43 PM

As Michael says don't always trust what you read on wikipedia

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#43 [url]

Apr 3 10 3:38 PM

Ah yes I forgot that!!(About her spirit) ..Yep everything's possible
By the way she was Greek right? The thing is we have a greek goddess "EKATH" which is pronounced Hekate (her name in english),she was good, but I've also found in my books another Hekate(also greek) one of the goddesses of the underworld...I'm confused..I mean she couldn't be good and bad at the same time Maybe that's why she was kinda neutral in the books? I'm lost lol....I'll have to research it more! back to my books then!

Try the spelling 'Hecate'. I found out that's she's a chthonic goddess meaning she's an Earth Goddess (the literal meaning is in, under of beneath the earth from the Greek word chth┼Źn), so that could link back to the Underworld I guess. Being associated with death isn't necessarily a bad thing, life needs death to keep on working...

It would also provide her a way out of her death as well...

Even if she wasn't killed by Dee though, her Shadowrealm Collapsed on her, so she'd be trapped in the void that was her world, right? I'd think that being literally stuck in nowhere could be worse than death.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Apr 13 10 5:59 PM

There is a great connection to Hekate when you spell it Hecate, with Shakespeare. When you Google them together you get some great information.

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Apr 15 10 12:35 AM

The impression I got was that she died because of the collapse of the shadowrealm but the bits of her soul/conciousness weren't actually big enough to survive for her to be "trapped" in a void. I didn't think that Dee killed her through necromancy, he just summoned what little was left of her before she died. I thought he killed her by destroying the shadowrealm to which her life force was bound.

Aura Color: Gray-Blue
Scent: After a rainstorm

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Apr 15 10 1:13 AM

Actually, it was the other way around. She was frozen because the Yggdrassil was, and then he shattered her. The Shadowrealm died because she did. After her death, Dee used the necromancy, not before or during.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Apr 15 10 4:34 AM

QUOTE (Romulus @ April 15, 2010 01:13 am)
Actually, it was the other way around. She was frozen because the Yggdrassil was, and then he shattered her. The Shadowrealm died because she did. After her death, Dee used the necromancy, not before or during.

In addition to this the Ygg died because Hekate did, and Hekate died because the Ygg did. Their life forces were bound.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Calliope

Sorcerer

#51 [url]

Apr 15 10 6:20 AM

So basically to kill Ygg was to kill Hekate and vice versa.... does this mean that they can be considered to be different forms of the same thing?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Apr 15 10 10:22 AM

Ygg was her lifesource its like if you were really sick and the only thing keeping you alive were a bunch of technology in the hospital and i turned it off you would probably die thats how I think of it. Just with a more mystical touch

Aura:Orange
Scent:Blue Berry
Element:Time
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Apr 15 10 6:01 PM

I think its kind of a chicken or the egg thing here. Hekate created her Shadowrealm and planted the Ygg . She poured her auric energy into the Ygg and that kept her Shadowrealm active. There was a symbiotic relationship there. I think it is more complicated though then simply destroying the Ygg and she dies. I think there was a connection there that was in full effect during the battle. I would surmise that Hekate could have broken the connection but was so caught up in the battle that she did not have a chance to do so. Therefore when Dee used Excalibur on the Ygg, Hekate had not had a chance to sever the link therefore it essentially took her down with it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Apr 15 10 8:31 PM

I don't think she could have broken the connection. Think of it like a mother and her child. If her child dies, it takes a piece of the mother with her, a piece she can never get back. She can't just break the connection to her child to take the pain away. It's just in this case, the connection runs deeper.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Apr 16 10 4:35 PM

See Rom, I would disagree. I thinkn that it may weaken her power to break the link and it would have left the Ygg vulnerable but I don't think her lifeforce was 100% tied to it. I think that had she know or had time she could have broken the link. I just think that she didn't have time to do that with the battle raging on.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#56 [url]

Apr 16 10 11:54 PM

So she died because she didn't 'disconnect' with the tree when it was destroyed, hence weakening her aura enough for Dee to be able to kill her?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Apr 17 10 3:44 AM

Well what I think it boiled down to for Hekate was Archon technology. Her life force was bound to the tree, and the tree to her, but the fire was doing nothing to harm her, it only fuled her anger and new shoots were springing up as the fire upon the Ygg was blazing. I don't know that it would have mattered if Dee plunged Excalibur into Hekate herself or into the World Tree, but Dee, with the survival instincts he has, took the easy route and plunged the sword into Ygg rather than Hekate, hence extinguishing both Hekate, her world tree, and her Shadowrealm.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Apr 18 10 8:10 PM

If anyone gets a chance to check out "Hekate" by William Blake I highly suggest it...its beautiful :-) oh and I would love to see him as a character...he was definitely a very intriguing person.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Apr 19 10 2:05 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ April 16, 2010 08:44 pm)
Well what I think it boiled down to for Hekate was Archon technology. Her life force was bound to the tree, and the tree to her, but the fire was doing nothing to harm her, it only fuled her anger and new shoots were springing up as the fire upon the Ygg was blazing. I don't know that it would have mattered if Dee plunged Excalibur into Hekate herself or into the World Tree, but Dee, with the survival instincts he has, took the easy route and plunged the sword into Ygg rather than Hekate, hence extinguishing both Hekate, her world tree, and her Shadowrealm.

Lucy I like that, it makes sense. Oh and I was trying to give a different point of view.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help