Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 15 09 1:48 AM

From what I know about Hekate, she is a minor Greek Goddess with control over magic along with being the Goddess of 3 faces. Other than the Flamel stories, she is often a bit of a trickster, and she is moreoften spelled Hecate then Hekate. I am sad to see her go. I would have enjoyed seeing a sort of army sprout up on the Humani side. Having Hekate, Shakespeare, Palamedes, Perenelle, Flamel, the twins, Germain, Joan, Scatath, and whoever else they could muster. Oooh! The Witch of Endor...maybe....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Oct 19 09 12:46 PM

I think - Hekate was a beautiful character. I was very sad, wen she and her tree went away from the story. Yggdrasil death was the saddest chapter in the "Alchemyst".

Aura:Sunrise yellow
Scent:Coco

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Oct 19 09 1:55 PM

QUOTE (Santino @ October 19, 2009 12:46 pm)
I think - Hekate was a beautiful character. I was very sad, wen she and her tree went away from the story. Yggdrasil death was the saddest chapter in the "Alchemyst".

Santino - I agree. I loved Hekate's character and if it's any consolation, someone (I think Lucy) mentioned in another thread that the Yggdrasil she grew in her shadowrealm is only a part of the original. It's nice to know that there is at least one other tree in a shadowrealm somewhere ... or maybe it's on Danu Talis?!!

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#24 [url]

Oct 19 09 2:00 PM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ October 19, 2009 08:55 am)
QUOTE (Santino @ October 19, 2009 12:46 pm)

Santino - I agree. I loved Hekate's character and if it's any consolation, someone (I think Lucy) mentioned in another thread that the Yggdrasil she grew in her shadowrealm is only a part of the original. It's nice to know that there is at least one other tree in a shadowrealm somewhere ... or maybe it's on Danu Talis?!!

The Yggdrasil on Danu Talis apparently suffered the same fate as the island. Hekate and Odin both nurtured Yggdrasil seedlings into full trees in their respective shadowrealms.

We've yet to hear any more than that about Odin's tree.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Dec 21 09 8:15 AM

I don't think Hekate created all of the Torc clans because in the first books, right when they meet her for the first time, she says that the world belonged to the Were Clans first and would re-claim it when there were no more Elders or humans. Dee might be lying when he said Hekate was banished for genetically engineering the Torc Clans.

Quote    Reply   

kh009

Spellcaster

#27 [url]

Dec 22 09 2:20 AM

QUOTE (FLAMEL rules @ December 22, 2009 01:59 am)
there is a difference between torc clans and were clans

i thought they were the same thing with two different names because i think nic called were-boars and hekate called them torc allta.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 22 09 2:54 PM

QUOTE (kh009 @ December 22, 2009 02:20 am)

i thought they were the same thing with two different names because i think nic called were-boars and hekate called them torc allta.

There are multiple "Torc" clans which are the were-clans. The Torc Allta are also known as Wereboars and the Torc Madra are Werewolves. There are also Torc Tiogar known as Weretigers and Torc Leon which I believe are the Werelions.
I wonder if there are Werebears ... oh my

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#29 [url]

Dec 22 09 7:58 PM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ December 22, 2009 02:54 pm)
QUOTE (kh009 @ December 22, 2009 02:20 am)

There are multiple "Torc" clans which are the were-clans. The Torc Allta are also known as Wereboars and the Torc Madra are Werewolves. There are also Torc Tiogar known as Weretigers and Torc Leon which I believe are the Werelions.
Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Dec 22 09 8:15 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 22, 2009 07:58 pm)
QUOTE (Lucothea @ December 22, 2009 02:54 pm)

Well, although they have not featured in the series yet, there are werebears: they are Torc Arzh Gell.

Michael

Well I sure hope you don't tell me that there are Wereflyingmonkeys too! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Elena

Immortal

#31 [url]

Dec 27 09 6:11 PM

Are we sure that she died? Something about her death doesn't fit.. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Dec 27 09 9:07 PM

QUOTE (Helen @ December 27, 2009 06:11 pm)
Are we sure that she died? Something about her death doesn't fit.. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Remember Niccolo said to Dee that Mars was dead but really Dee new he was alive? Maybe that has some connection to Hekate not being dead, because Dee never told Niccolo mars wasn't dead. Which means she might still be alive!

user posted image
Here's a friendly piece of advice, even though you didn't ask for any: Never ask me for advice. Oh, and I for got to tell you: There was a worm in the apple you just ate. Hope you noticed.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#33 [url]

Dec 27 09 9:45 PM

ok..you lost me there! flamelssecret/confused0058.gif
Bear in mind that I'm still reading The Magician! (in english though so I might miss something! lol)
Her death..well,she's a first generation Elder right? How on earth did she die so...easily?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

kh009

Spellcaster

#34 [url]

Dec 28 09 4:31 AM

QUOTE (Helen @ December 28, 2009 08:45 am)
ok..you lost me there! flamelssecret/confused0058.gif
Bear in mind that I'm still reading The Magician! (in english though so I might miss something! lol)
Her death..well,she's a first generation Elder right? How on earth did she die so...easily?

hekate died because dee killed the yggdrasil with excilubar.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#35 [url]

Dec 28 09 4:42 AM

She didn't die so easily, it crept up on her as the ice from Excalibur took the World tree just like what happened to Niddhogg

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Dec 28 09 10:52 PM

Interesting connection.

Aura Color: Dark Green Aura Smell: Cinnamon
Magics Mastered: Necromancy Weapon of Choice:Two Handed Blade
user posted image
I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#37 [url]

Dec 29 09 1:47 AM

Yeah but she was a first generation Elder..and Dee killed her even though we heard of how powerful she was..,I mean ok she was connected with the Tree and it kinda made her powers grow but why so much??I mean it was like her powers came exclusive from it and without it she was powerless .. Anyway I might be missing something since I haven't finished The Magician yet

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Dec 29 09 11:26 AM

She wasn't powerless at all, at one point she was holding off Bastet and The Morrigan and was close to beating them.

The reason she fell when the tree did is that they were deeply intertwined, to help it grow she poured some of herself into it. So the easiest way to think of how she must have felt when Dee attacked the tree is how a mother would feel when her child was hurt.

And also remember that initially the tree was healing itself, even as Dee attacked. Hekate must have used a huge amount of energy to hold off the attacks from the Elder, Next Generation Elder, their creatures and The Magician's attempts on Yggdrasill and at the same time trying to help put out the fires. When Dee stabbed Yggdrasill it was as though hed managed to stab the Goddess with Three Faces herself. The Yggdrasill was the heart of Hekate's Shadowrealm and part of Hekate herself. Don't ever imagine she was weak though, he was lucky to defeat her.

And she is almost certainly permanently dead, Dee was able to contact her lingering spirit But then you can't rule anything out either!

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#39 [url]

Dec 29 09 12:53 PM

Ah yes I forgot that!!(About her spirit) ..Yep everything's possible
By the way she was Greek right? The thing is we have a greek goddess "EKATH" which is pronounced Hekate (her name in english),she was good, but I've also found in my books another Hekate(also greek) one of the goddesses of the underworld...I'm confused..I mean she couldn't be good and bad at the same time Maybe that's why she was kinda neutral in the books? I'm lost lol....I'll have to research it more! back to my books then!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#40 [url]

Dec 30 09 1:07 PM

to add to what Mel said. she died because the Elemental Swords are some of the things that are able to kill Elders in Hekate's case we know she can die from the blood of a Titan and not invulnera ble to iron. Seeing as she was part of the tree and the tree in turn gave her life force it's death equated to her death also.

Now if the tree was not burning when Dee plunged Excalibur into it, Hekate's death might not have gone as abrupt as it did and there might have been a possiblity of salvaging the tree and as a result herself, at this point only Michael would know.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help