Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#41 [url]

Jan 20 10 7:29 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ January 20, 2010 01:46 pm)
Has Mars always been a Dark Elder? Was he considered to be a Dark Elder once he turned? What exactly classifies one as a Dark Elder BTW?

No, he was not always a Dark Elder. He once fought for humanity.

QUOTE (The Magician)
What happened to Mars? When I saw him first, I thought he was the defender of humanity. What changed him?  Nicholas shook his head. No one knows.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jan 20 10 7:30 PM

Hits,

Do you have these at your fingertips or do you do this all from memory...LOL

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#43 [url]

Jan 20 10 7:42 PM

Hahaha yeah right! From memory! lol flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Nope, I use a great invention called eBook! Makes searching a breeze!

They can be bought at RH :HERE:

And I also found this!

QUOTE (The Magician)
Sophie looked up at the towering war god. And before you were Nergal, you were the champion of the humankind: you were Huitzilopochtli. You led the human slaves to safety when Danu Talis sank beneath the waves.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jan 20 10 7:49 PM

Excellent. I have to get that !!!

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jan 20 10 9:58 PM

in Sorceress it is implayed that Mars was the defender of hunanity until he started to use clarent that is what turned him

Aura colour: RED
Aura scent: freshly-cut GRASS
Magic: FIRE

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jan 20 10 10:10 PM

See that is the thing.. it is implied. I think there is more to it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jan 21 10 1:18 AM

Oh Flamel Rules I wasn't calling out your misspelling! I was trying to emphasize the word. Sorry if it came off that way!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#49 [url]

Jan 21 10 4:49 AM

Yes he was the defender of the Humani once, he rescued some of them from bondage. He and his wife were advocates foe humanity them.

I don't think its clarent that turned him though, maybe just pushed him to the edge, but that's for the sword thread.
I think something happened to Mars that made him lose his focus, hi bearings, something that made him lose hope for the humani as a result. Perhaps the conflict between his own twin sons. His emotions when he learned that Josh has a twin was raw. Maybe that's the cuase for his turning.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jan 21 10 5:32 PM

what if the contrast between the swords make him go evil, like each showing different victories or losses that drove him to choose between two horrible things, like for instance, Dora dead or Humani dead

user posted image

"Areop-enap," she said in wonder, acknowledging the ancient spider elder. "I thought you were dead."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Jan 21 10 5:57 PM

Mars seems sooooo tired. I feel sorry for him.

user posted image
Here's a friendly piece of advice, even though you didn't ask for any: Never ask me for advice. Oh, and I for got to tell you: There was a worm in the apple you just ate. Hope you noticed.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jan 21 10 7:43 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ January 21, 2010 04:49 am)
Yes he was the defender of the Humani once, he rescued some of them from bondage. He and his wife were advocates foe humanity them.

I don't think its clarent that turned him though, maybe just pushed him to the edge, but that's for the sword thread.
I think something happened to Mars that made him lose his focus, hi bearings, something that made him lose hope for the humani as a result. Perhaps the conflict between his own twin sons. His emotions when he learned that Josh has a twin was raw. Maybe that's the cuase for his turning.

That is a great point. His sons could have been the catalyst and then seeing that Josh was a twin totally broke him up.

I never thought about it that way.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jan 21 10 7:57 PM

I'm just saying but could've mars agreed to awakening Josh because he saw some of either Romulus or Remus in him, and if hes released from his curse by sophie, do you think he'll do something for the twins.

user posted image

"Areop-enap," she said in wonder, acknowledging the ancient spider elder. "I thought you were dead."

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jan 21 10 8:32 PM

QUOTE (areop enapophobia @ January 21, 2010 07:57 pm)
I'm just saying but could've mars agreed to awakening Josh because he saw some of either Romulus or Remus in him, and if hes released from his curse by sophie, do you think he'll do something for the twins.

Ahh now that is an interesting thought. Not taking the negative stance that Mars will use Josh for a negative reason but perhaps, and follow me here,

After being released he comes to a crossroads where he can go one way (against humani) or the other (with the Humani) and his thoughts about his sons and their struggles help him make a connection with Josh and Sophie

Just a thought

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jan 21 10 8:34 PM

yeah. just like that. I think if he chooses to fight with the humani, he will die, not for any particular reason but it will be flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jan 22 10 3:32 AM

no, I think that as soon that he is free he will join the humani, but he won't die, at least not until the last book. he has alluded to "going to see the Witch" after he is free, but I don't think that he is going to try and kill her or harm her. (he thinks he might get cursed again, probably doesn't know that most of the Witch's power is gone)

I think that he wants to be forgiven, and redeemed, and perhaps take up his rightful place as the defender of humanity. After all, it was the insidious influence of the swords that corrupted him into becoming Mars Ultor, the Avenger, and he has spent thousands of years "sleeping" in the Bone City under Paris.

"To fight fear you must become fear. You must bask in the fear of other men."-Raz al Ghul

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jan 22 10 5:30 AM

QUOTE (jermdawg 29 @ January 22, 2010 03:32 am)
no, I think that as soon that he is free he will join the humani, but he won't die, at least not until the last book. he has alluded to "going to see the Witch" after he is free, but I don't think that he is going to try and kill her or harm her. (he thinks he might get cursed again, probably doesn't know that most of the Witch's power is gone)

I think that he wants to be forgiven, and redeemed, and perhaps take up his rightful place as the defender of humanity. After all, it was the insidious influence of the swords that corrupted him into becoming Mars Ultor, the Avenger, and he has spent thousands of years "sleeping" in the Bone City under Paris.

I am not positive that it was the swords that drove him over the edge though. It makes more sens that he was distraught over his sons and the swords (specifically Clarent) amplified those emotions.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jan 22 10 5:14 PM

I hope Mars does side with the humani,it would definitly be better to have the god of war as a friend rather than a foe

Aura colour: RED
Aura scent: freshly-cut GRASS
Magic: FIRE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help