Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Nov 5 09 11:12 PM

QUOTE (MaxtheAlchemicBeing @ November 05, 2009 09:47 am)
I've got a theorie (spelled it rght I hope) on mars in book 3 josh mentions that the wich of endor gave sophie her memories because she was trying to get a new body maby mars wanted to take over josh a jong storng boy with golden aura and the curse would be lifted cause the new body isnt effected is that a good theory or not??

PLz let me know what you think

yes its a good one lol never thought of that lol.......

user posted image
fire is the best magic and alchemy is the best science

aura: yellow
scent: ink
Elemental Magic: fire
type of spell caster: warlock/alchemist

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#22 [url]

Nov 6 09 7:36 AM

i don't think that was what Mars wanted or did when he bestowed Josh his gift. The gift was just that - a present, knowledge of war and strategies. Awekening Josh haa a price after all, he could make josh his slave. what the Witch gave to Sophie was something different and her intention's still a gray area for me.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#23 [url]

Nov 9 09 2:27 PM

Interesting info about Mars (the planet)

QUOTE (wiki)
Mars has two tiny moons, Phobos and Deimos, which are thought to be captured asteroids.

Both satellites were discovered in 1877 by Asaph Hall, and are named after the characters Phobos (panic/fear) and Deimos (terror/dread) who, in Greek mythology, accompanied their father Ares, god of war, into battle. Ares was known as Mars to the Romans.

I don't think this has been talked about on here before... I just found it interesting.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Nov 11 09 1:20 AM

That is very interesting! In the third book, i found this to very good intrest. Its about page336 where dee is talking about the FOUR SWORDS OF POWER.

"All four swords were very similar, though each was unique...The Magician had spent centuries collecting the Swords of Power. He had three of four, and he'd just come frustratingly close to adding Clarent to his collection. Neither Elders nor Next Generation were immune to the lure of the swords. It was said that Mars Ultor had worn both Excalibur and Clarent in matched scabbards across his back. He had carried the twin blades; afterward he became a monster."

I've looked all around to find out the other two swords and i think they are Cortana and Durendal or even Almace but i'm not sure. If anyone knows it would be aswome. And if anyone wanted to know were i found this research, i found it on wikipedia even though its not the most trusted site. flamelssecret/faint.gif

DEMLEMONS!

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#25 [url]

Nov 12 09 6:37 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 09, 2009 02:27 pm)

QUOTE (wiki)
Mars has two tiny moons, Phobos and Deimos, which are thought to be captured asteroids.

Both satellites were discovered in 1877 by Asaph Hall, and are named after the characters Phobos (panic/fear) and Deimos (terror/dread) who, in Greek mythology, accompanied their father Ares, god of war, into battle. Ares was known as Mars to the Romans.

I don't think this has been talked about on here before... I just found it interesting.

i was actually saving the mention of this for a certain essay i'm working on.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

kh009

Spellcaster

#26 [url]

Nov 12 09 6:42 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 10, 2009 01:27 am)

QUOTE (wiki)

phobos and deimos are metioned in the book as the gardians of the sleeping god mars. they are mars sons and they folow mars in battle.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#27 [url]

Nov 12 09 12:49 PM

QUOTE (kh009 @ November 12, 2009 01:42 am)
QUOTE (hitmanjls @ November 10, 2009 01:27 am)

QUOTE (wiki)

phobos and deimos are metioned in the book as the gardians of the sleeping god mars. they are mars sons and they folow mars in battle.

Yes... obviously that I knew...

I was just stating that I didn't know that the "moons" of Mars were named that.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Nov 28 09 8:52 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ September 22, 2009 06:05 am)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 17, 2009 05:19 pm)
Im not entirely sure the best place for this but while doing some research i stumbled upon the name Enyalius who is said to be the son of Ares (aka Mars) and Enyo (aka bellona) This mention of a son i find particularly interesting as it has been speculated that one of the witch's many identities might be Bellona, so might this Enyalius son of Ares and Bellona be Scatty and Aoife's father? 

It is said the Enyalius is a near exact replica of his father Ares including his warlike tendencies, in fact Enyalius is sometimes said to be another name for Ares.  We know Scatty is a warrior and i imagine based on Aoife's history she is one as well, so it seems fitting they are born from a line of warriors.  Further digging reveals Enyalius is synonymous with the roman god Quirinus who is said to be the deified form of Romulus (he was elevated to godlike status after his death i believe), who we know from the series is one of Mars's twin sons.  So I think based on these connections its a distinct possibility that Enyalius aka Romulus could possibly be Scatty's father.

interesting, my past search on the Witch doesn't ahven't led me to any Bellona connection, i'll have to look further into this.

This evening I was reading Macbeth and I came across a line in which Macbeth is being compared to Bellona. Well the footnote on this passage had a couple of interesting points that I thought I would share:

"great Mars himself, matched with his female mate, the dread Bellona." So that goes to show that for sure Bellona is associated with being at least a "mate" to Mars, but then comes a quote that has one word for me that is interesting:

It calls Bellona "the fire-eyed maid of smokey war." I just liked that line because fire is so Mars and smoke is attributed to the Witch of Endor as her scent. Just thought I would throw this info out there I found interesting. For me this substantiates SC's theory!

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#30 [url]

Nov 29 09 8:26 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ November 28, 2009 08:52 am)
It calls Bellona "the fire-eyed maid of smokey war." I just liked that line because fire is so Mars and smoke is attributed to the Witch of Endor as her scent. Just thought I would throw this info out there I found interesting. For me this substantiates SC's theory!

didn't Mars eyes do that exact thing in the Catacombs in the Magician?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Nov 30 09 4:28 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ November 29, 2009 02:26 am)
QUOTE (Lucy @ November 28, 2009 08:52 am)
It calls Bellona "the fire-eyed maid of smokey war."  I just liked that line because fire is so Mars and smoke is attributed to the Witch of Endor as her scent.  Just thought I would throw this info out there I found interesting.  For me this substantiates SC's theory!

didn't Mars eyes do that exact thing in the Catacombs in the Magician?

Yeah, here are some quotes:

The only touch of of color about the god was in his eyes, which glowed red behind a full-face visor that completely concealed his face.
page 418 of The Magician.

At the mention of the Codex, the Elder's head snapped toward Dee, eyes blazing, wisps of red smoke drifting from the slit in the helm.
page 419 of The Magician.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Nov 30 09 6:56 AM

Well I did read on Wiki (unreliable as it may be) that Bellona was the goddess of war who predated Mars. So theoretically they should share some war-like tendencies and similarities.

Plus Dora has got a lot of fire in her as well. She seems to like a good fight at least as much as Mars does, plus she also seems to like to stir the pot.

JacobsBella, to answer your question: is Mars Scatty's grandfather, I think we can all definitively agree that the answer is...well maybe. I don't know, but it is fun to learn and guess. What do you think?

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#33 [url]

Nov 30 09 7:16 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ November 30, 2009 06:56 am)
Well I did read on Wiki (unreliable as it may be) that Bellona was the goddess of war who predated Mars. So theoretically they should share some war-like tendencies and similarities.

She did? I thought Quirius predated Mars... interesting

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Dec 15 09 3:24 PM

is Mars Scatty's grandfather, I think we can all definitively agree that the answer is...well maybe. I don't know, but it is fun to learn and guess. What do you think?

WOW that is a very good guess.

Hey Micheal, do have any input?

user posted image
Here's a friendly piece of advice, even though you didn't ask for any: Never ask me for advice. Oh, and I for got to tell you: There was a worm in the apple you just ate. Hope you noticed.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 16 09 2:01 PM

JacobsBella, to answer your question: is Mars Scatty's grandfather, I think we can all definitively agree that the answer is...well maybe. I don't know, but it is fun to learn and guess. What do you think?

It would make things rather interesting if he were and it would only make sense. Dora did love him after all, and most people do have babies when they love each other. lol.

But as I am starting to notice family is a very relative term with the elders. If he is her grandfather...it might give some clues as to who Scatty's parents are...

I think someone has done some research in this thread about who Mars children might be...if I remember correctly.

user posted image

Aura Color: Amaranth
Aura Scent: Freshly Broken Pomegranate

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

Dec 16 09 2:08 PM

QUOTE (jacobs_bella @ December 16, 2009 10:01 am)
JacobsBella, to answer your question: is Mars Scatty's grandfather, I think we can all definitively agree that the answer is...well maybe.  I don't know, but it is fun to learn and guess.    What do you think?

It would make things rather interesting if he were and it would only make sense. Dora did love him after all, and most people do have babies when they love each other. lol.

But as I am starting to notice family is a very relative term with the elders. If he is her grandfather...it might give some clues as to who Scatty's parents are...

I think someone has done some research in this thread about who Mars children might be...if I remember correctly.

The elders all seem to be related to each other in some way, like everyone is everyone else's sister/brother/aunt/uncle.

So they must view "family" a bit differently than we do. So that direct line of decent, mother/father/son/daughter, must be what they consider "family"

Scatty certainly has some traits that Mars would admire.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#37 [url]

Dec 16 09 2:35 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ December 16, 2009 09:08 am)
QUOTE (jacobs_bella @ December 16, 2009 10:01 am)
JacobsBella, to answer your question: is Mars Scatty's grandfather, I think we can all definitively agree that the answer is...well maybe.  I don't know, but it is fun to learn and guess.     What do you think?

The elders all seem to be related to each other in some way, like everyone is everyone else's sister/brother/aunt/uncle.

So they must view "family" a bit differently than we do. So that direct line of decent, mother/father/son/daughter, must be what they consider "family"

Scatty certainly has some traits that Mars would admire.

Well Scatty is a warrior after all, in fact one of the greatest warriors of all time, so it would make a lot of sense if her grandfather was mars the god of war.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jan 20 10 6:46 PM

Has Mars always been a Dark Elder? Was he considered to be a Dark Elder once he turned? What exactly classifies one as a Dark Elder BTW?

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#39 [url]

Jan 20 10 7:05 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ January 20, 2010 12:46 pm)
Has Mars always been a Dark Elder? Was he considered to be a Dark Elder once he turned? What exactly classifies one as a Dark Elder BTW?

I actually kind of wondered that. Especially since he was married to the witch yet both the witch and bastet wanted him imprisoned, but the witch (as far as we know) isnt a dark elder but mars and bastet are. Maybe mars wasnt always bad.... (or not bad since thats relative) but maybe he didnt always feel as he does now.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jan 20 10 7:24 PM

I definitely get the feeling that he was two different people. He was a hero then he became a monster. He seems something like a berserker though. I might just be forgetting but have we found out yet what it was that turned him into a monster?

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help