Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#281 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:45 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#282 [url]

Aug 27 10 4:16 PM

i love the american cover!
i'm from portugal and some days ago i found a website where i could buy the book, i bought it in that exact moment in the website they didn't have a image of the cover and i thought it was the american one on the day it arrived, when i was opening the box where it came guess what... it was the UK cover. i was so disapointed but relieved at the same time. at least when the book comes in portuguese it will have the american cover so i can put it with the rest of the colection...

Aura color: Still needs to be dicovered
Aura scent: Caramel
Main elements used in battle:Earth and Fire (Sand and Magma)
Ability:two circle tattoos on each shoulder were he is able to concentrate his aura

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#283 [url]

Sep 3 10 5:04 AM

The three spirals: I can't help but notice that this is somehow similar to Aang's (the last airbender) tattoo on his forehead.
flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif
Death kanji: how does this relate to the book? Is it the symbol of necromancy or is that how you spell the hook handed man's name?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#284 [url]

Sep 3 10 9:55 AM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

The Spiral is a triskel a Celtic symbol. We initially thought it represented Hekate or The Crow Goddess.

The Kanji does mean death. It might represent the discipline of Necromancy and it may also represents Marethyu.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#285 [url]

Sep 4 10 10:52 AM

QUOTE (kdbvols @ August 02, 2010 01:28 pm)
The covers are usually released around November, so we still have a while to wait

Wait, the Necromancer cover was released in August.

Quote    Reply   

#286 [url]

Nov 22 10 10:32 AM

I read most of the necromancer (got it two days ago) and i know most of what the cover means, but the face in the top right

Can anyone tell me? It would make a wicked cool tattoo if i knew what it was

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#287 [url]

Nov 22 10 2:08 PM

QUOTE (thecrubber16 @ November 22, 2010 04:32 am)
I read most of the necromancer (got it two days ago) and i know most of what the cover means, but the face in the top right

Can anyone tell me? It would make a wicked cool tattoo if i knew what it was

That is the Green Man, or Tammuz.

Quote    Reply   

#288 [url]

Nov 22 10 6:12 PM

is the japanese symbol refering to aoife or niten? and the skull has anyone ever heard of the crystal skull of doom? i forgot what else it is called i will look it up and get back to you!

Aura Color: Lime Green
Aura Scent: Basil
Magics Known: Earth
Titles: Warlock, Necromancer

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#289 [url]

Nov 22 10 7:35 PM

Well the kanji can represent several people actually... the symbol means "death" so there's a reference to Marethyu. But obviously the symbol is Japanese so that could be a nod to Niten as well.

Quote    Reply   

#290 [url]

Nov 22 10 10:24 PM

ok cool thanks for the confirmation! then the other two besides the face and the konji... one is supposed to be perenelles whip made from medusas snakes then the other is supposed to be the carving from the box that held the skull right?

Aura Color: Lime Green
Aura Scent: Basil
Magics Known: Earth
Titles: Warlock, Necromancer

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#291 [url]

Dec 7 10 5:13 AM

What...I'm more curious about is that... What's Aether?? My friend is keep saying Time but I don't believe it

I have edited your post and placed it in lower case, please do not make another all caps post as it is considered rude on a forum, it is equivalent to shouting in a conversation in Nettiquette (Net speak). Thanks! ~Elena

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#292 [url]

Dec 7 10 7:34 AM

To answer your question:

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 19, 2009 10:14 pm)
QUOTE (TheShadow2009 @ December 18, 2009 03:06 am)
What is the 5th magic?  (all 5 magics)

The answer to that is in The Alchemyst. Nick believes that there are five magics, the fifth magic being time / aether.

The Quote Mr. Scott is talking about is :
QUOTE ( Nicholas Flamel in "The Alchemyst")
It was commonly held in all the ancient magical books that there were four elements of magic: Air and Water, Earth and Fire. But centuries of study had revealed to Nicholas that there were, in fact, five elemental forces of magic. The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics. The Elders could control all the other elements, but the secret of the fifth was contained only in the Codex and that was one of the many reasons why Dee, and the Dark Elders he sided with, wanted the Codex. With it in their possession, they would be able to control time itself.

So yes, Aether is in fact Time!

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#293 [url]

Jan 25 11 6:42 PM

so. in the background, is it a sunstone?

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

#294 [url]

Feb 21 11 2:04 AM

I was watching an episode of Clash of the Gods, and there was something on it that I think is interesting.

The the face in the middle of the sunstone on the Necromancer cover is round, wide-eyed, and has a protruding tongue,
meant to resemble a dead body, which makes sense with the Necromancy theme.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#295 [url]

May 5 11 11:15 PM

Now, the whip in the corner is the whip belonging to the sorceress, perenelle.

Color: Cadmium Red Scent:Wood Smoke There is equal light in darkness, if you but know where to seek it. "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."Niccolo Machiavelli.
"It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved" Niccolo Macchiavelli[COLOR=red]

Quote    Reply   

#296 [url]

May 6 11 5:43 PM

QUOTE (Elena @ December 07, 2010 09:34 am)
To answer your question:
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 19, 2009 10:14 pm)
QUOTE (TheShadow2009 @ December 18, 2009 03:06 am)
What is the 5th magic?  (all 5 magics)

The answer to that is in The Alchemyst. Nick believes that there are five magics, the fifth magic being time / aether.

The Quote Mr. Scott is talking about is :
QUOTE ( Nicholas Flamel in "The Alchemyst")
It was commonly held in all the ancient magical books that there were four elements of magic: Air and Water, Earth and Fire. But centuries of study had revealed to Nicholas that there were, in fact, five elemental forces of magic. The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics. The Elders could control all the other elements, but the secret of the fifth was contained only in the Codex and that was one of the many reasons why Dee, and the Dark Elders he sided with, wanted the Codex. With it in their possession, they would be able to control time itself.

So yes, Aether is in fact Time!

No, Nicolas believes, Aether is Time. He could be wrong.

Anyway, this is going flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

#298 [url]

Jul 6 11 1:15 AM

So first of all, the top right circle is (i'm chinese) the chinese and japanese word for Death, not die... i think it relates to the theme of necromancy, death and all that stuff... I don't know. lol and yes, there is japanese myths in there, and they even included an allusion to Mao-Tzu, an ancient Chinese... person... I wonder who HIS master is! LOL (bhudda?! or some taoist dude...) flamelssecret/clap3.gif and i lke how Aoife is degrading Ninjas, flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

*Please don't use text speak (other than LOL and OK) as par the COC. Thanks! ~Sparticle

IT IS TIME FOR MY EARTHLORD RACE TO RETAKE OUR RIGHTFUL HOME!
Auric Color: Vermillion
Auric Scent: Carrion, Putrefaction (Decay)

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#300 [url]

Jun 4 12 9:16 AM

**This thread has now re-opened please do not post any information from The Enchantress**

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help