Remove this ad

#261 [url]

May 5 10 11:45 AM

The circle around the center... the Cardinal points on a compass?

user posted image
Aura: Ice blue
Scent: Fresh rain
Element: Water

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#262 [url]

May 6 10 12:18 AM

OH!!! i can wait no longer! i wonder if Cernunnos will come back in this book. i loved him so!

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#263 [url]

May 10 10 9:14 PM

OH MAN !! Cernunnos has to come back!!!! flamelssecret/Agreed.gif

Per veneficus adveho vox of universum
Aura color: Ice blue
Aura scent: Maple-syurp
Mastered magic: FIRE, WATER

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#264 [url]

May 11 10 7:17 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ April 22, 2010 04:10 am)
If I'm not mistaken I believe that is referring to the symbol at the VERY top and bottom of the cover, in the middle.

user posted image

I'm not really convinced that it is, as the symbol is not exactly the same. But anything is possible!

You are right Hitman, the symbol right at the top of the cover isn't exactly that rune, but I'll admit they do look very similar.... anyways, the rune doesn't always just mean humanity, the divine spark and becoming whole. It can also mean intelligence, divine structure, ability and awareness... but when it's upside-down, it is usually associated with cunning, mortality, self-delusion and slyness.. (the list goes on for each orientation but I know I am already off-topic, so I just kept it short). So if it is some sly reference to Mannaz (The Self), what would its repetition at the bottom of the cover mean, taking into account that it seems to be in the upside-down position?

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#265 [url]

May 17 10 9:02 PM

he he he 8 more days !!!!!!!! o my gersh!! i'm bouncing for joy he he he!! i'm not going to school that Tuesday ether ! ha ha ha flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/sFun_drool2.gif flamelssecret/dance.gif flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent: leather

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein

Quote    Reply   

#267 [url]

May 18 10 1:23 AM

QUOTE (Calliope @ May 11, 2010 07:17 am)
QUOTE (hitmanjls @ April 22, 2010 04:10 am)
If I'm not mistaken I believe that is referring to the symbol at the VERY top and bottom of the cover, in the middle.

user posted image

I'm not really convinced that it is, as the symbol is not exactly the same.  But anything is possible!

You are right Hitman, the symbol right at the top of the cover isn't exactly that rune, but I'll admit they do look very similar.... anyways, the rune doesn't always just mean humanity, the divine spark and becoming whole. It can also mean intelligence, divine structure, ability and awareness... but when it's upside-down, it is usually associated with cunning, mortality, self-delusion and slyness.. (the list goes on for each orientation but I know I am already off-topic, so I just kept it short). So if it is some sly reference to Mannaz (The Self), what would its repetition at the bottom of the cover mean, taking into account that it seems to be in the upside-down position?

Well, the symbol at the bottom could easily be a reference to the whole group/community, which might refer to the world. That's my idea... a little obvious

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

#268 [url]

May 20 10 2:39 AM

Wow, coolness, we're finally gonna see some Aztec/Mayan deities and possibly Japanese ones. Nice to see the range of mythologies expanding a little more.

Aura color: Azure
Aura scent: Passion Fruit

Quote    Reply   

Gabrielle

Spellcaster

#269 [url]

May 20 10 6:59 AM

yeah, i hope mr.scott will add some more asian myths... i was really glad when i saw the kanji in The Necromancer cover... though i don't really like the meaning....

user posted image
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me” ~C.S. Lewis

Aura: cream Scent: honeysuckle

Quote    Reply   

#270 [url]

May 22 10 8:41 AM

QUOTE (Megan Newman @ December 22, 2009 03:48 pm)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ December 22, 2009 02:06 pm)

I agree - these six covers together are going to look stunning.  However, English readers should be aware that the UK publishers are now talking about rejacketing the series with entirely new covers.  I am not sure what this means for the Necromancer onwards, but I've a feeling that it will appear with the new cover style.

(And, as a complete aside - your scent did make me laugh)

Michael

NOOO!!!!!! :'( Say it isn't sooo!!!!! Oh well that is my venting for the day. Anyway I still think that the green man is Odin. When I looked up the green man it said that he was associated with Norse mythology and egyptian gods. In this case I will use Norse mythology and Michael said that the Yggdrassil was taken straight from Norse mythology and who did he also say had an Yggdrassil? (besides Hekate) Odin!! I rest my case

Yay. I am not the only one who thinks that the man in the corner is Odin! Whee!

The whip. Can it be the same as the one Perry used through Sophie in The Alchemyst? You know, the one that changed Bastet and The Morrigan's children to their original forms. Or it can be Perry's whip that was made from Medusa's hair. Not sure.

Wow, you guys are so committed to the forum. But, then again, I am thorougly obsessed with it. I can't help it. This is basically the best series I have read since Harry Potter.

Sorry for getting off track. The kinja sign. I know it has been discussed. I also think that it is Aoife's Japanese friend. I mean, it makes sense. But, probably only in the mess of ideas I call my brain. He seems dark and dangerous enough to have something, anything, to do with death.

As for the Mayans, Google will have to help me with that. flamelssecret/read.gif flamelssecret/idk.gif

Aura Color: Red
Aura Scent: Sweet orange and chocolate muffins

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#271 [url]

May 24 10 1:16 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 14, 2009 08:35 am)
Random House has recently updated their website to include the cover and release date of book #4 in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, entitled The Necromancer!

There are some VERY interesting images included... Please give us all your juicy thoughts!

And here it is!!!

user posted image

Plus we got a release date of April 27th 2010 (Date was revised to May 25th 2010)... A month earlier than last year! Thoughts?

ummm interesting, the cover is full of mysteries, i like the crystal skull, the face in the middle just like from the Aztec art, the Japanese word means death, and the is that the picture of wind or water ? flamelssecret/idk.gif and the whip. flamelssecret/read.gif

but still i will be waiting this book to be published in Indonesia.

fire is the way of life, water is the soul, air is your heart, and earth where you live in

Aura: yellow
Scent: caramel
Elemental: Fire, earth

Quote    Reply   

Eon

Spellcaster

#274 [url]

Jun 15 10 10:02 AM

When i unwrapped the postage mine had no cover around the hardback flamelssecret/crazy.gif

Aura:Ocean Green
Scent:A Turf Fire

user posted image
Níl aon saoí gan locht - No wiseman is without fault

Quote    Reply   

#276 [url]

Jun 16 10 4:31 AM

Aw thats sad

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

Eon

Spellcaster

#277 [url]

Jun 16 10 9:44 PM

No my uncle sent it over from the states with no cover i suppose
he might have it?!

Aura:Ocean Green
Scent:A Turf Fire

user posted image
Níl aon saoí gan locht - No wiseman is without fault

Quote    Reply   

kdbvols

Spellcaster

#280 [url]

Aug 2 10 1:28 PM

The covers are usually released around November, so we still have a while to wait

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help