Remove this ad

justmeandi

Spellcaster

#241 [url]

Mar 8 10 3:46 PM

Yeah, I know.. but I often tend to search for the deepest when the obvious is the answer...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#242 [url]

Apr 15 10 12:37 AM

I just realized something, the wild like thing on the cover looks allot like Pan the wild god.

Or has it been revealed as someone else?

user posted image
Aura: Emerald
Scent: Sage

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#243 [url]

Apr 15 10 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Achemist92 @ April 14, 2010 07:37 pm)
the wild like thing on the cover looks allot like Pan the wild god.

In the center shield, or one of the corner images??

And almost all of the elements of the cover have been discussed in the previous pages of this topic, take a quick peek back through and see if you're question has already been answered.

Quote    Reply   

#244 [url]

Apr 15 10 3:56 PM

Yes as Hits said, there actually has been some good discussion in this thread on the idea of Pan, and even Robin Goodfellow. You might be interested to discuss some of those theories. They are pretty interesting.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#246 [url]

Apr 17 10 6:38 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ September 18, 2009 02:25 pm)
Well, if it was the link to Mayans and Atlantis, it would seem Michael's been hinting at that in the books - Atlantis is Danu Talis, and we know that Mars, as Hutichutizpial, an Aztec god, brought the survivors of mankind off the island. Also, there is mention of a pyramid on Danu Talis, which at least to me implied Mayan connections also. Perhaps the Skull is a Relic from the Fall, or perhaps on the the Treasures needed for the Final Summoning?

OK, maybe someone else has already pointed this out before... I don't really know (I was browsing through till page 12 of this thread, and I just wanted to point out a small quote, apparently totally disregarded, from the Alchemyst:
"We will," Dee said. "We've accumulated all the other treasures over the years. Only the Book remains..."
This points to the fact that the crystal skull may not be a treasure to the Final Summoning, but it might be a magical artifact of great power-- perhaps one that has some sort of power against Elders? Maybe leftover Archon technology?

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

#247 [url]

Apr 17 10 10:55 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ April 15, 2010 11:55 am)
QUOTE (Achemist92 @ April 14, 2010 07:37 pm)
the wild like thing on the cover looks allot like Pan the wild god.

In the center shield, or one of the corner images??

And almost all of the elements of the cover have been discussed in the previous pages of this topic, take a quick peek back through and see if you're question has already been answered.

The corner on the top right, Im going to stick with him being pan unless its stated otherwise

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#248 [url]

Apr 18 10 6:13 PM

Um, I know this is kind of random for what the conversation is right now, but I did some research, and for what I found, the translation for the Japanese symbol on the bottom right corner of the cover, is, death.

strange....

Quote    Reply   

#249 [url]

Apr 18 10 7:29 PM

the pyramid theory is great. It was said that crystals were a form of communication between the ancient races...they could heal anything, and they were placed on top of pyramids throughout the world to enforce their mystical powers.

did anyone notice on the green man there is a cresent moon on his forhead...There is also a cresent moon on the deer in the sorceress cover. I'm not sure what that means because Michael said it was Cernnunus...I also found the green man is linked with Osiris/Serapis

im sorry I meant wasn't Cernunnus...need to proof read

please do not post multiple times in a row, please use the edit button to modify your post instead. Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#250 [url]

Apr 20 10 12:05 AM

I also found the connection between the Green Man and Osiris. I made a post about it...either a few pages back in this thread, or many pages back in the main Necromancer thread. I can't remember which. It was one of the many things that has lead me to believe that Osiris is Machiavelli's Elder.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#251 [url]

Apr 20 10 12:59 AM

My apologies Romulus. I've tried to read so many threads all of the way through. I see it now. I will mkae sure to read them better before I post...and use the edit button lol....but on a serious note I actually think the green man is refering to Gilgamesh..the more I think about it. I agree with the people who are saying he is tricking Flamel. flamelssecret/wall_.gif

Quote    Reply   

#252 [url]

Apr 20 10 5:09 AM

Who are you referring to as the Green man?

EDIT: Never mind I just read the earlier post but I think its really possible for it to be pan, Simply by the way it looks it could be a reference to maybe a former dwelling place of his, or him in person because he seems to have wild vines or plants spreading from him idk I think i just like the thought of him being part of the series

Oh and the Kanji character at the bottom right does mean death. It could be a reference to Necromancy seeing as the books titled the necromancer.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#253 [url]

Apr 20 10 2:12 PM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ April 19, 2010 08:59 pm)
My apologies Romulus. I've tried to read so many threads all of the way through. I see it now. I will mkae sure to read them better before I post...and use the edit button lol....but on a serious note I actually think the green man is refering to Gilgamesh..the more I think about it. I agree with the people who are saying he is tricking Flamel.  flamelssecret/wall_.gif

No worries! I was away from the forum for like 9 months, and when I came back, I had to slog through the 70 page Necromancer thread, 15 pages of this thread, 20 pages in Machiavelli's thread, and then there are the short threads, which aren't bad by themselves, but there are just so dang many of them! I know what it's like to have to read through the "backcatalog" as it were. I was basically just saying that I agree with you, I wasn't trying to jump on you for stealing my thunder or anything. Because you can't steal thunder from a Master of Fire and Earth.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Quote    Reply   

#254 [url]

Apr 20 10 3:03 PM

EDIT: Never mind I just read the earlier post but I think its really possible for it to be pan, Simply by the way it looks it could be a reference to maybe a former dwelling place of his, or him in person because he seems to have wild vines or plants spreading from him idk I think i just like the thought of him being part of the series

I think Michael said that it wasn't Pan somewhere back in a thread...i can't remember. Gilgamesh's "brother" Enkidu was also known as the Wild Man...maybe he will show up in the series altho he is dead. maybe he will come back to life?? I know that he was extremely important to Gilgamesh. oh and haha at Romulus for that statement.

ok this is wayyyyy out there so bear with me....I read somewhere that in order for the next sun to regenerate itself a god must be sacrificed. also on the cover where the pointer is on the sun disc its not as dark as the other parts. if you read about the number sequence refering to the calender you will see where the numbers are placed accordingly around it. the first part that is light in color is the pointer which is one...the the next is 8 and then 11 and then 14. I did some math and got the no. 1487 out of it which was when there was supposedly the mas sacrifices at the twin pyramids in Aztec culture. (ill leave this kind of short so you can can research it) I kind of think that Mars will sacrifice himself to save the human race and maybe his skull is crystal?? lol flamelssecret/idk.gif I said it was way out there but he does have red eyes right? crazy...I know

Quote    Reply   

#255 [url]

Apr 20 10 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ April 20, 2010 03:03 pm)

I think Michael said that it wasn't Pan somewhere back in a thread...i can't remember. Gilgamesh's "brother" Enkidu was also known as the Wild Man...maybe he will show up in the series altho he is dead. maybe he will come back to life?? I know that he was extremely important to Gilgamesh. oh and haha at Romulus for that statement.

Hmm I dont remember that post, can anyone verify that

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#256 [url]

Apr 21 10 4:22 PM

He said that the horned-god is commonly confused with the green man. Pan is also known as the horned god in different myths...I could totally be way off but I felt thats what he was saying.

I also spotted on the cover what looks like the Mannaz Rune...which is the rune for Humanity, increasing power, realizing the divine spark within, and becoming whole. could mean one of the twins will become fully equipped with all of the elemental magics...maybe even the fifth?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#257 [url]

Apr 21 10 6:00 PM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ April 21, 2010 11:22 am)
He said that the horned-god is commonly confused with the green man. Pan is also known as the horned god in different myths...I could totally be way off but I felt thats what he was saying.

I also spotted on the cover what looks like the Mannaz Rune...which is the rune for Humanity, increasing power, realizing the divine spark within, and becoming whole. could mean one of the twins will become fully equipped with all of the elemental magics...maybe even the fifth?

Which symbol are you referring to? I dont remember any runes on the necromancer cover, but its possible that i missed them.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#258 [url]

Apr 21 10 6:10 PM

If I'm not mistaken I believe that is referring to the symbol at the VERY top and bottom of the cover, in the middle.

user posted image

I'm not really convinced that it is, as the symbol is not exactly the same. But anything is possible!

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#260 [url]

Apr 21 10 7:14 PM

Oh i see i wasnt looking there, I looked up the symbol as i wasnt familiar with it but didnt see it on the cover. Thats an interesting theory, but as hitman said im not sure im entirely convinced that's a symbol either as the ones on the previous books look more like designs but i could be wrong.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help