Remove this ad

JLB

Sorcerer

#101 [url]

Jun 8 11 11:55 AM

Here's the as for the Warlock that appeared in the back of my Boys' Life Magazine.
user posted image

(Thanks to Spacecadet for uploading the image)

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Jun 10 11 7:23 PM

That's a pretty cool ad!

They must be promoting the series to children since this was in a Boy Scouts magazine, but it would have been nice if a type of this ad showed up in magazines targeted to other demographics such as Time or Entertainment Weekly. A higher number of potential readers might see it that way.

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Jun 12 11 8:21 PM

Cool! Ads are as acceptable as displays, then?

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#104 [url]

Jun 13 11 8:22 PM

While this isn't really a display, I couldn't resist when I saw the Border's home page - with the picture of their e-reader and what book it's displaying!
user posted image

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#105 [url]

Aug 24 11 2:07 PM

I was on vacation in the Outerbanks of North Carolina two weeks ago. We stayed in Duck - which is in Dare County (yep, named after our Mistress of Air). Besides all the references all over the place to Virginia Dare, I picked up this little brochure which tells about all the sights and things to do in Duck. There was an article by the "Lit Chick" naming good beach reads... the Warlock getting a spot in the book. Nice publicity! Here's a few snapshots of the booklet and article.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

May 22 12 4:00 AM

Last year with The Warlock, I went to my closest Borders a day before the release date and was surprised to see that the books were already on the shelf. I was wondering if maybe it would repeat a second time, so with Borders being no more I went to Barnes and Noble today, again, one day before release date.

...didn't find them in the Teen section, New Releases, or any of the usual places, so I concluded that B&N was actually playing by the rules and would not be shelving them until tomorrow. However, I had a weird feeling that I couldn't be sure until I checked the whole store. It turns out I found them flamelssecret/hyper_.gif occupying a table all by themselves... near the bargain pile and magazines. (Wha...?)

user posted image

The only thing I could come up with as to the reason why they're displayed *there* was that it was probably the area where they would set up for Michael's visit in two days since it was a pretty clear area.

So here's the display from Plantation, Florida.

user posted image

Also found this display near the checkout line, but they were filled with Warlock paperbacks. Maybe they'll get replaced in a few days.

user posted image

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help