Remove this ad

Elena

Immortal

#61 [url]

Jul 29 10 7:08 AM

Yeah! Maybe then we'll get a decent display at our local bookstores. :/

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#63 [url]

Jul 29 10 9:59 PM

Here is the display that was at the book signing in Fredericksburg, VA.

user posted image

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Aug 4 10 11:11 PM

Very nice picture Lucothea!!

And I just got an idea! While I'm on vacation, I'll try to take a pic of a display. I won't make any promises, but it could happen!

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Aug 13 10 2:48 PM

I keep forgeting to bring my camera!

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Aug 26 10 1:56 AM

How can I post a picture? Do I have to post the picture in the internet first so that I can put its url? I have the picture in my C:\ drive. Can't I post it from there?
Thanks.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#71 [url]

Aug 26 10 8:51 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ August 25, 2010 08:56 pm)
How can I post a picture? Do I have to post the picture in the internet first so that I can put its url? I have the picture in my C:\ drive. Can't I post it from there?
Thanks.

you need to upload the image to a an image hosting site and use the thumbnail url. Just make sure you check with a member of the staff before you post it.

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Aug 27 10 4:12 AM

This picture is taken from Powerbooks Mall of Asia branch in the Philippines.
It was taken on May 30, 2010.

user posted image

The next time I went back to the store, I saw a warning on the wall saying that taking pictures is not allowed. I don't know if this ruling is already existing back in May 30. If it does, then good thing that the staff didn't saw me taking pictures or if they did saw me, they just ignored me.

I wonder why they don't allow people to take pictures... And it annoys me too!

flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Sep 9 10 10:22 PM

Nice display... must be getting decent exposure over there.

I had the same thing happen to me in Borders... one employee kindly told me that pictures were not allowed, but I was able to get my Necromancer picture before he came.

I wonder why they hate pictures? flamelssecret/mad.gif It's probably some copyright issue... pshaw. If we care enough about our books to bring a camera to the bookstore to record our memories, do they think we'll do something harmful with them?

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Sep 10 10 1:57 AM

Unfortunately, the closest I can get is the local library, and you guessed it-no pictures ah, well....once I've gotten all of them, I'll post a picture of my display.

user posted image
Aura-Purple with scent of bacon frying

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Sep 11 10 12:08 AM

I would take a picture, but something odd happened. So our local bookstore had the Flamel books mixed in with the Young Adult books, and I always check in on the Alchemyst books. It's like stopping in to see an old friend. But anyway, I walk in one day and they were gone! I searched over and over, but I guess the new books coming in had edged the Flamel books out! flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif They will come back in force when the Warlock comes out, though. I know of it. *fierce smile*

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#78 [url]

Dec 28 10 2:36 AM

I don't have a picture but the Alcheymist and the Necromancer are in top picks, and the Magician and the Sorceress are in Teen fantasy. The Necromancer was also in the top four picks of 2010. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Feb 18 11 9:45 AM

In a small country such a Denmark, you have to go rather far to find any stores that has these, since they´re, as most good books are, not quite as popular here as anywhere else, so I can´t just go out and take a picture. I can easily describe it, though:
An Alchemyst next to a Magician next to three Sourceresseses. Though, since they´re Danish, of course, it´s an Alkymisten next to a Magikeren next to three Troldkvinden.

-Multiverse

"Let´s not get ahead of ourselves. Instead, why not get ahead of each other?"

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#80 [url]

Mar 7 11 10:14 PM

Ok, at my school book fair, they had The Alchimyst and The Sorceress I was saying to myself,"How do you get that that?"

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help