La verdadera muerte vendr√° a ti

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#23 [url]

Aug 10 09 5:07 AM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 06, 2009 04:55 pm)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 06, 2009 12:46 pm)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 06, 2009 03:03 pm)
I tend to guerrilla market when i go into a bookstore. Any bookstore.

If there's no display, but they have the books on the shelf, I rearrange the shelf so the Flamel books are all face out instead of just the binding. If i happen to go back into the bookstore i like to check to see if it's been changed again, and more often than not it's still the way I left it. A few less books, of course, but the Flamel's are still face out.

Let me put on my booksellers hat for the minute: booksellers HATE that. And it really, really irritates them. When I found people doing that in my bookshops, I would simply take the books off the shelves and return them!

Remember, the books are often on particular shelves because the publisher had paid for that placement, or they are in alphabetical order by Author or Title.

Michael

I don't put them in a different order, I just turn other books that are facing out so their bindings are out and turn the other books from binding out to face out. The alphabetical order stays the same.

I didn't realize that publishers would pay to have books put face out or binding out, it always just seemed random to me.

I have to say, I do this too. I sorta have OCD, especally if the books are not in sequence but I don't take it off the shelf as well. I'l have to take my camera to the local bookshop now. mind you, they only have the Magician in paperback and its at the bottom shelf

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 11 09 1:04 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 10, 2009 01:07 am)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 06, 2009 04:55 pm)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 06, 2009 12:46 pm)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 06, 2009 03:03 pm)
I tend to guerrilla market when i go into a bookstore. Any bookstore.

If there's no display, but they have the books on the shelf, I rearrange the shelf so the Flamel books are all face out instead of just the binding. If i happen to go back into the bookstore i like to check to see if it's been changed again, and more often than not it's still the way I left it. A few less books, of course, but the Flamel's are still face out.

Let me put on my booksellers hat for the minute: booksellers HATE that. And it really, really irritates them. When I found people doing that in my bookshops, I would simply take the books off the shelves and return them!

Remember, the books are often on particular shelves because the publisher had paid for that placement, or they are in alphabetical order by Author or Title.

Michael

I don't put them in a different order, I just turn other books that are facing out so their bindings are out and turn the other books from binding out to face out. The alphabetical order stays the same.

I didn't realize that publishers would pay to have books put face out or binding out, it always just seemed random to me.

I have to say, I do this too. I sorta have OCD, especally if the books are not in sequence but I don't take it off the shelf as well. I'l have to take my camera to the local bookshop now. mind you, they only have the Magician in paperback and its at the bottom shelf

OMG me too! xcept my OCD is complete perfectionOCD. But not too bad. Just that I am in the top of my English class, and people glare at me because I constantly correct their grammar
And Aquose- I swear that is the bookshelf at Borders in Fredericksburg. Maybe not, though. idk.
I think I wanna be a bookseller, though. In my spare time. Fun-writing and bookselling!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 11 09 4:36 AM

Here is the pathetic display at my local B&N

user posted image

And the STUPID link STILL doesn't work

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Aug 13 09 12:33 AM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 10, 2009 11:36 pm)

And the STUPID link STILL doesn't work

I would try using a site like photobucket or imageshak to upload your image.

And here are some pictures I took

this is from a Barnes and Noble near my house

user posted image

And this was taken at Babar's bookstore in the Chicago O'hare airport.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 13 09 4:30 AM

Okay... thanks to SC's advice I am now the proud owner of a photobucket account and what do you know... my pics actually uploaded. So here is the PATHETIC display at my local B&N...

flamelssecret/love0030.gif YOU RULE SPACECADET flamelssecret/love0030.gif

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Sep 10 09 12:39 PM

From looking at the pictures I'd say you guys are pretty lucky to have displays like that. Around here not those many books get big displays and it really does look ike you have a rather large fantasy book section.flamelssecret/sFun_drool2.gif
Not quite so here, unfortunetly, the tourist guide section is bigger than the fantasy section.

Aura colour:Purple
Aura Scent:Wet Cork Oak Leaves

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Sep 15 09 2:19 AM

Oh man, I so wish I was home right now to take some pictures! Alas, I am away to school.

I work at my local bookstore haha (best job ever, btw) and I focus most of my attention on the young adult and graphic novels section. I have to say, we didn't have many copies of the series in our store at all (it's just a Borders express, very small and without as wide a selection unfortunately) but when I read the Alchemyst I ordered some more copies in, and was pushing the series a lot with customers. Of course, since I'm not there to continue doing that they've probably been returned or sold out without being restocked >>;.

When I left, though, The Alchemyst was part of a buy 2 get the 3rd free sale so it was in a display on the front wall, and there were a few copies of The Magician and The Sorceress in the regular young adult section. No face outs because there weren't enough copies :[.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

Oct 14 09 1:16 PM

Thats so cool! flamelssecret/clap3.gif I wish my local book store would come with the author!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Oct 15 09 1:20 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ October 14, 2009 02:47 am)
Our local Flamel display came with the author himself!  What a display!
user posted image
user posted image

Holy pie. That is awesome. You're a great photographer, as well. Or you have a sweet camera. I hope to go to the DC event.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#35 [url]

Oct 15 09 3:20 AM

awesome Lucy! Thanks for sharing flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Oct 15 09 4:21 AM

Thanks for sharing Lucy! Very awesome pictures! flamelssecret/dance.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif

I imagined him with glasses...contacts perhaps?

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 15 09 4:39 AM

Hahaha! Maybe he just didn't want to be able to see us! And Silvertouch thanks so much for the compliment and I will duly give it to the girl who was sitting behind me (with a very nice camera) who took all the pictures!

Keep your eyes open for more pics. I'm submiting them as news.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#38 [url]

Oct 15 09 4:55 AM

which book did he read from?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Oct 26 09 9:48 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 03, 2009 04:38 pm)
We were thinking it would be a fun idea to have everyone post up images of your local bookstore's display of the Flamel series!

So next time you're at your local shop, snap a pic and post them here!

Here's one I snapped at a Borders in Canton, OH while traveling this weekend!

user posted image

u know they should make this series a movie it would be beast !!

Please do not use color in your post. It is reserved for the birthday thread or to identify the team members! flamelssecret/rulez.gif

Quote    Reply   

kh009

Spellcaster

#40 [url]

Oct 27 09 5:38 AM

there is movie coming out the displays are cool. Where i live there isn't a loal book store but last time i went to a book store i coundn't find the socerress and they only had one or two copy of the alcymest and the magician.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help