Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Aug 3 09 4:38 PM

Tags : :

We were thinking it would be a fun idea to have everyone post up images of your local bookstore's display of the Flamel series!

So next time you're at your local shop, snap a pic and post them here!

Here's one I snapped at a Borders in Canton, OH while traveling this weekend!

user posted image
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 4 09 1:20 PM

Great idea!

The only thing is, since I live in Denmark, I have to get the books from the internet - it's not really a big thing here yet

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#4 [url]

Aug 4 09 3:54 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 04, 2009 11:43 am)
Here's the display at Dublin Airport

I love the rogue Magician mixed in.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Aug 4 09 4:33 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 04, 2009 10:54 am)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 04, 2009 11:43 am)
Here's the display at Dublin Airport

I love the rogue Magician mixed in.

flamelssecret/hysterical.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif Its almost like where's waldo flamelssecret/hysterical.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif only its with the magician

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Aug 5 09 12:25 PM

oh that so cool! flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif Im suppose to go to my trusty Chapters, maybe today! so ill be taking pictures!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 5 09 2:12 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 04, 2009 07:04 pm)
But no Alchemyst!

Michael

Hah! Well, let's hope it's because it's sold out . .

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Aug 5 09 6:10 PM

Sooo Here is the pathetic Sorceress display they had... well its not even a display, its the shelf where the books are classed in alpha order!
I did find a table that had an entire row of The Magician and 2 copies of The Sorceress so my guess is that they are low in book 3 copies so they transformed the self into book 2. Still very lame and disapointing!

user posted image

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 6 09 2:47 PM

Well, the display here in the chapters in London Ontairio Canada is not verry big, but there, semi-big. Im pretty sure that they are layed out on a table mixed in with the twilight books somewhere at the back. Not verry amazing, but cool enough for me. As long as they're there, thats fine with me. I might get a picture later. flamelssecret/Agreed.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Aug 6 09 3:03 PM

I tend to guerrilla market when i go into a bookstore. Any bookstore.

If there's no display, but they have the books on the shelf, I rearrange the shelf so the Flamel books are all face out instead of just the binding. If i happen to go back into the bookstore i like to check to see if it's been changed again, and more often than not it's still the way I left it. A few less books, of course, but the Flamel's are still face out.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 6 09 3:51 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 06, 2009 03:03 pm)

If there's no display, but they have the books on the shelf, I rearrange the shelf so the Flamel books are all face out instead of just the binding. If i happen to go back into the bookstore i like to check to see if it's been changed again, and more often than not it's still the way I left it. A few less books, of course, but the Flamel's are still face out.

That is AWESOME. I'm heading to Barns and Noble tomorrow (wife and I been married 5 years tomorrow flamelssecret/hug2.gif so we're going on a date), so I'll snap some pictures of the display if any and do some guerrilla marketing myself.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

Aug 6 09 4:18 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 06, 2009 11:51 am)

That is AWESOME. I'm heading to Barns and Noble tomorrow (wife and I been married 5 years tomorrow flamelssecret/hug2.gif so we're going on a date), so I'll snap some pictures of the display if any and do some guerrilla marketing myself.

congrats on 5 years, my 2 year is next week!

Yeah i have no idea if the marketing works but i like to think i'm doing my part.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 6 09 4:24 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 06, 2009 04:18 pm)

Yeah i have no idea if the marketing works but i like to think i'm doing my part.

Congrats on the Two Years! flamelssecret/clap3.gif Is your wife into the series too? Mine is a bit hesitant about getting into any series right now.

Oh man... I need to catch up on the podcasts! The next one should be out in nine days right? I'm two behind.

You do Rock the house on the pod casts man, you and your crew keep up the good work.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Aug 6 09 4:44 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 06, 2009 12:24 pm)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 06, 2009 04:18 pm)

Congrats on the Two Years! flamelssecret/clap3.gif Is your wife into the series too? Mine is a bit hesitant about getting into any series right now.

Oh man... I need to catch up on the podcasts! The next one should be out in nine days right? I'm two behind.

You do Rock the house on the pod casts man, you and your crew keep up the good work.

She hasn't read them yet, but she's not really into the fantasy genre that much.

Thanks for the compliment! And yes the next one will be out next weekend, the 15th.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Aug 6 09 4:46 PM

Let me put on my booksellers hat for the minute: booksellers HATE that. And it really, really irritates them. When I found people doing that in my bookshops, I would simply take the books off the shelves and return them!

Remember, the books are often on particular shelves because the publisher had paid for that placement, or they are in alphabetical order by Author or Title.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Aug 6 09 4:55 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 06, 2009 12:46 pm)

Let me put on my booksellers hat for the minute: booksellers HATE that. And it really, really irritates them. When I found people doing that in my bookshops, I would simply take the books off the shelves and return them!

Remember, the books are often on particular shelves because the publisher had paid for that placement, or they are in alphabetical order by Author or Title.

Michael

I don't put them in a different order, I just turn other books that are facing out so their bindings are out and turn the other books from binding out to face out. The alphabetical order stays the same.

I didn't realize that publishers would pay to have books put face out or binding out, it always just seemed random to me.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 8 09 9:37 PM

Okay I have some pics but I can't figure out how to post them. I have them hosted at youshare.com. What do I do?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Aug 8 09 10:17 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 08, 2009 04:37 pm)
Okay I have some pics but I can't figure out how to post them. I have them hosted at youshare.com. What do I do?

You need the direct url to the picture ending in .jpg or .gif, and you place the url like this

CODE
[img]http://www.urlendingin.jpg[/img]

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 9 09 4:03 PM

QUOTE (Bellus Stella @ August 05, 2009 02:10 pm)
Sooo Here is the pathetic Sorceress display they had... well its not even a display, its the shelf where the books are classed in alpha order!
I did find a table that had an entire row of The Magician and 2 copies of The Sorceress so my guess is that they are low in book 3 copies so they transformed the self into book 2. Still very lame and disapointing!

user posted image

That looks a lot like the display in the Borders in Fredericksburg, VA. Except mine has its own display (pretty pathtic, with a row of Alchemyst, one of Magician, and five of the Sorceress lol.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help