Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Aug 20 09 10:59 AM

I don't think he's insane, it's just that he has so much in his head that his brain just gets jumbled up and he forgets things. My theory is that Abraham gave Gilgamesh the Codex , implanted all the knowledge that about the elements that Gilgamesh knows now and made him indestructible so the knowledge wouldn't disappear and so Gilgamesh could pass the info onto the new twins, who Flamel said were descended from the Gods, which I think are the Real Gods ie the beings who rule the Archons because the Archons were supposed to be the race that separated the Gods from the humans.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Aug 20 09 6:17 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 17, 2009 10:10 am)
Can you please get back on topic guys? This is Gilgamesh's thread, not the Twin's thread!

Sorry!

Anyway, I think I agree that Gilgamesh isn't completely crazy, he's just so filled with memories and information that he can't keep them straight. After all, he's been living for a long time and he has all those thoughts and memories to go through. It would give many people a headache, really. I'm surprosed that he's only a little confused.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Aug 20 09 7:41 PM

QUOTE (Fumm95 @ August 20, 2009 06:17 pm)
Can you please get back on topic guys? This is Gilgamesh's thread, not the Twin's thread!

Sorry!

Anyway, I think I agree that Gilgamesh isn't completely crazy, he's just so filled with memories and information that he can't keep them straight. After all, he's been living for a long time and he has all those thoughts and memories to go through. It would give many people a headache, really. I'm surprosed that he's only a little confused.

Yes, I think you're on the money here. The Humjani mind can only hold so much information. Gil's must be ready to burst... it's like a hard drive bei9ng full. You start deleting unnecessary information to make room for new info. Thats whats happening to his brain.

But I wouldn't underestamate him. He may not have an aura but you know the old saying, Knowledge is Power, and Gil has pleanty of that.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Aug 20 09 8:34 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 20, 2009 03:41 pm)

Sorry!

Yes, I think you're on the money here. The Humjani mind can only hold so much information. Gil's must be ready to burst... it's like a hard drive bei9ng full. You start deleting unnecessary information to make room for new info. Thats whats happening to his brain.

But I wouldn't underestamate him. He may not have an aura but you know the old saying, Knowledge is Power, and Gil has pleanty of that.

Yeah, I know. But I still love him being like a hobo lol!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#45 [url]

Aug 22 09 10:46 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 20, 2009 08:34 pm)

Sorry!

there's a fine line separating genius from mental and The King has a foot in genius and the other in insanity, hence the loony episodes.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Aug 22 09 7:45 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 22, 2009 06:46 am)
QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 20, 2009 08:34 pm)

Sorry!

there's a fine line separating genius from mental and The King has a foot in genius and the other in insanity, hence the loony episodes.

Yeah, what's that one quote? It's in Latin...something like, there is no great genius without a mix of insanity.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Aug 22 09 8:17 PM

There is no great genius without some touch of madness.
Seneca, Epistles
Roman dramatist, philosopher, & politician (5 BC - 65 AD)

All the great geniuses of the world where somewhat crazy, just see Einstein or Da Vinci. Even Pasteur was considered crazy for his theory.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Aug 26 09 11:06 PM

My son and I are reading these books and he wants to know ...
if Gilgamesh helped build Stonehenge, could he have created Excalibur, Clarant and the other two swords?

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#49 [url]

Aug 27 09 4:27 AM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ August 26, 2009 11:06 pm)
My son and I are reading these books and he wants to know ...
if Gilgamesh helped build Stonehenge, could he have created Excalibur, Clarant and the other two swords?

he is said to be 10,000 yrs old. like Hekate and The Witch, and the swords as mentioned in the books predated the Elders. it would seem that the swords are older than the King.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Aug 27 09 5:49 PM

I don't know if it has to do with his lack of an aura or all of the knowledge he possess (though he cannot use it himself), but there is a conversation between Palamedes and Gilgamesh that has got me thinking.
So Pally is driving and they've just picked up Gilgamesh. Pally explains to Gilgamesh that Cernunnos was on fire the last they saw of him and then the conversation continues (regarding Cernunnos),

The Sorceress P.320
"He's all bluster; he'll do nothing," the man chuckled then turned suddenly serious.  "He's frightened of me, you know." 
"The English Magician, Dee, is with him," Palamedes added.  The tramp's surprisingly perfect teeth appeared in a spectacular smile,  "And he's terrified of me."  Then the smile faded.  "But he's also stupid enough not to know that."

So my question is why would an Archon be afraid of Gilgamesh?

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Aug 27 09 8:21 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 27, 2009 05:49 pm)
I don't know if it has to do with his lack of an aura or all of the knowledge he possess (though he cannot use it himself), but there is a conversation between Palamedes and Gilgamesh that has got me thinking.
So Pally is driving and they've just picked up Gilgamesh. Pally explains to Gilgamesh that Cernunnos was on fire the last they saw of him and then the conversation continues (regarding Cernunnos),

The Sorceress P.320
"He's all bluster; he'll do nothing," the man chuckled then turned suddenly serious.  "He's frightened of me, you know." 
"The English Magician, Dee, is with him," Palamedes added.  The tramp's surprisingly perfect teeth appeared in a spectacular smile,  "And he's terrified of me."  Then the smile faded.  "But he's also stupid enough not to know that."

Maybe because Gilgamesh is almost indestructable and that he might know some weaknesses

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#52 [url]

Aug 28 09 6:28 AM

QUOTE (sancrates @ August 27, 2009 08:21 pm)
So Pally is driving and they've just picked up Gilgamesh.  Pally explains to Gilgamesh that Cernunnos was on fire the last they saw of him and then the conversation continues (regarding Cernunnos),

The Sorceress P.320

Maybe because Gilgamesh is almost indestructable and that he might know some weaknesses

hmm... i like that question. there might be something their!
maybe he knows the Archon weakness or something that can kill him. Or that's just crazy talk.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Aug 28 09 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 28, 2009 06:28 am)
QUOTE (sancrates @ August 27, 2009 08:21 pm)
So Pally is driving and they've just picked up Gilgamesh.  Pally explains to Gilgamesh that Cernunnos was on fire the last they saw of him and then the conversation continues (regarding Cernunnos),

The Sorceress P.320

hmm... i like that question. there might be something their!
maybe he knows the Archon weakness or something that can kill him. Or that's just crazy talk.

But would he rember it in time?

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#54 [url]

Aug 28 09 4:58 PM

I wonder if there isn't more to Gilgamesh then we area ll seeing. One thing that springs to mind is that Michael mentioned in one of the threads that the new classifications for the character threads could change over time - for example, if Josh or Sophie became immortal their thread would move from Humai to Immortal. What if Flamel and the others are wrong and Gilgamesh isn't an Immortal - but something more. If he is the oldest - maybe he has just been able to hide that fact form the others. I have been wondering if he isn't in fact an Archon in hiding. But then again, I have lots of REALLY crazy theories (in part, because it's fun to see how crazy they can get!) If that were the case, that might explain why another Archon would be afraid of him.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Aug 28 09 9:29 PM

I'd also like to add that the Dark Elders are afraid of a certain Perenelle Flamel...could Perry and Gilgamesh be feared because they are extremely powerful and knowledgable, or for someother reason like Dreaming said?

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#56 [url]

Aug 29 09 9:04 AM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ August 28, 2009 04:58 pm)
I wonder if there isn't more to Gilgamesh then we area ll seeing.  One thing that springs to mind is that Michael mentioned in one of the threads that the new classifications for the character threads could change over time - for example, if Josh or Sophie became immortal their thread would move from Humai to Immortal.  What if Flamel and the others are wrong and Gilgamesh isn't an Immortal - but something more.  If he is the oldest - maybe he has just been able to hide that fact form the others.  I have been wondering if he isn't in fact an Archon in hiding.  But then again, I have lots of REALLY crazy theories (in part, because it's fun to see how crazy they can get!)  If that were the case, that might explain why another Archon would be afraid of him.

ah, but I also have that same wild theory (so it's craizier that you think because I agree). Either he is an Archon or he is part Archon part himani. we really don't know much about that race perhaps some of them consorted w/ humani **EDIT- Comment removed by Admin, unsuitable remark for a PG forum! Please think more carefully before making such comments in future!**, because id he was a true blooded Archon the Elders would have driven him away too. Gilgamesh, along w/ Hekate, Endor and Areop-Enap, clams to be their when the Codex was transcribed. Two of those Elders admitted to have destroyed the remnants of the older race, so wouldn't they do the same to Gilgamesh? so my conclusion is that he may be only Half Archon

flamelssecret/wall_.gif wasn't thinking sorry flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Aug 29 09 9:19 PM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ August 06, 2009 02:35 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 06, 2009 08:16 am)
very interesting theory here, but wasn't it mention somewhere, maybe in the books that he never had an aura? and this was why Hekate thought he became the first guardian.

at the end of the Magician, in the preview for the Sorceress, it states "Gilgamesh also knows all the elemental magics, thought strangely, he never possessed the power to use them. The King has no aura."

I also think there is something different about how Gilgamesh is immortal. Since the other immortal humans are immortal - but not indestructible ("“You’re immortal, William, not invulnerable.” Machiavelli smiled." pg. 463 of the Sorceress; "Nothing—Elder, Next Generation,
immortal or human—was completely indestructible." pg. 76 of the Sorceress) - how is it that Gilgamesh is "impossible to kill" (Pally says that on pg. 459 of the Sorceress). We are told that the reason Gilgamesh was locked up in the 40s was because he wanted to be underneath the atomic bomb when it was set off because he figured it was the only way he could die.

So, got to figure out what the difference is....

I think Gilgamesh isn't any of those races. I think he is something older that an archon possibly the same race as Abraham. Also i think he gave u[ his aura for the knowledge of all those things.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#58 [url]

Aug 30 09 6:44 AM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ August 29, 2009 09:19 pm)
I think Gilgamesh isn't any of those races. I think he is something older that an archon possibly the same race as Abraham.

what makes you say that? so fr the oldest race we have encountered is the Archon and no (or none yet) suggestion of and even older race.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Aug 30 09 5:21 PM

But Gilgamesh said that even the Archon was afraid of him, so that makes me think that he is something even older than the Archon and more dangerous.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#60 [url]

Aug 31 09 5:57 AM

well... there are a number of possible reasons why Cernnunos would be afraid of him. Gilgamesh is very Knowlegeable and as the saying goes "knowledge is power"

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help