Remove this ad

#461 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:03 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 22, 2011 02:32 am)
But Merlin is a powerful wizard, while Gilgamesh had no aura at all, why is that?

well I'm not sure how the timeline works in the book yet or when Gilgamesh lost his powers but The Lady of the Lake in Arthurian legend, Enchanted Merlin and took away all of his powers for herself. She stole his secrets and punished him afterward. Maybe this could be the reason he can't use his powers. He was betrayed by someone.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#462 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:07 AM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ October 22, 2011 03:03 am)
But Merlin is a powerful wizard, while Gilgamesh had no aura at all, why is that?

well I'm not sure how the timeline works in the book yet or when Gilgamesh lost his powers but The Lady of the Lake in Aurthurian myth Enchanted Merlin and took away all of his powers for herself. She stole his secrets and punished him afterward. Maybe this could be the reason he can't use his powers. He was betrayed by someone.

That's so sad flamelssecret/crying.gif . I believe after the Lady of the Lake took his powers and his auras, he was never heard of again..Am I right?

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#463 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:09 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 22, 2011 03:07 am)
QUOTE (Mandragora @ October 22, 2011 03:03 am)

well I'm not sure how the timeline works in the book yet or when Gilgamesh lost his powers but The Lady of the Lake in Aurthurian myth Enchanted Merlin and took away all of his powers for herself. She stole his secrets and punished him afterward. Maybe this could be the reason he can't use his powers. He was betrayed by someone.

That's so sad flamelssecret/crying.gif . I believe after the Lady of the Lake took his powers and his auras, he was never heard of again..Am I right?

I believe so. She entombed him in either a tree, cave or stone. There are so many variations. Merlin's story is just as sad as Gilgamesh's. He isn't fully human, he is a cambion. His story intrigues me.

Quote    Reply   

#464 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:16 AM

What's a cambion? Is it some kind of a hi-breed?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#465 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:22 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 22, 2011 03:16 am)

it is a hybrid yes. A cambion is half human and half "demon" or Incubus in his case. so in my understanding Gilgamesh will always have a "rebel" streak so to speak. It's his nature because he is influenced by a negative force.

Quote    Reply   

#466 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:28 AM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ October 22, 2011 03:22 am)

it is a hybrid yes. A cambion is half human and half "demon" or Incubus in his case. so in my understanding Gilgamesh will always have a "rebel" streak so to speak. It's his nature because he is influenced by a negative force.

But I have read a version that he was somehow a son of a fairy of something.. That's how he get his powers..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#467 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:39 AM

QUOTE (Janus the Two-Faced God @ October 22, 2011 03:28 am)
QUOTE (Mandragora @ October 22, 2011 03:22 am)

But I have read a version that he was somehow a son of a fairy of something.. That's how he get his powers..

please enlighten me. I have never heard this theory.

Quote    Reply   

#468 [url]

Oct 22 11 3:42 AM

Oh, I just read it in some anonymous site, I cannot remember where. Anyway, I was hoping that you will be the one to enlighten me, I am not sure of it..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#470 [url]

Oct 24 11 12:48 AM

I don't remember Gilgamesh being mentioned as one of the First People, what book is it mentioned Nurmengard?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#471 [url]

Oct 24 11 2:36 PM

Abraham the Mage married one of the First People (those who have been brought to life by Prometheus's aura).

Then, in The Warlock, we learned that Tsagaglalal is the wife of Abraham.
Also in The Warlock, we learned that Gilgamesh is Tsagaglalal's brother.
If Tsagaglalal and Gilgamesh are siblings, then Gilgamesh is also one of the First People.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#472 [url]

Oct 25 11 1:16 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 24, 2011 02:36 pm)
Abraham the Mage married one of the First People (those who have been brought to life by Prometheus's aura).

Then, in The Warlock, we learned that Tsagaglalal is the wife of Abraham.
Also in The Warlock, we learned that Gilgamesh is Tsagaglalal's brother.
If Tsagaglalal and Gilgamesh are siblings, then Gilgamesh is also one of the First People.

Oh, I haven't reach that chapter yet...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#473 [url]

Oct 25 11 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 22, 2011 03:29 pm)
In the Flamel series, Gilgamesh is humani. He was one of the First People - those who have been brought to life by Prometheus's aura in the Nameless City.

right on. I suppose the cambion thing could be the way modern people of those days would describe the powers he had. like a rumor or legend. I am still wondering though, how as Merlin being so powerful and all, lost all of those powers. I know how he did in myth but I wonder what really happened.

**please remember to spell out entire words, not just short-hand versions which could be taken as text talk. thanks! dreaming**

Quote    Reply   

#474 [url]

Oct 26 11 1:18 AM

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing too..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Ptah

#476 [url]

Jul 26 12 11:56 PM

SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE WARLOCK, DONT READ THIS POST!!!!
flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

I think that Gilgamesh had an aura but for some reason he lost it, I think ho overheated his aura and spontaneously got burnt and, because of being immortal by Forbidden Archon technology, he survived, but loosed his aura an part of his memory and his sanity.

Ptah... flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

"Deus Deorum, Dominus Magia, Dominus veritas et Dominus Obscurum ..." Nomine nomen habet Ægypta ]Sum creata Deos Aura Color: Topacious Aura Scent:White Chocolate
Master of All Elements, Specialitation in Aether
Porter of The Magic Swords TYRFING(sword of fog) And KLADENETS(sword of blood)Dangerous Necromancer and Magician

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#477 [url]

Jul 27 12 1:01 AM

QUOTE (Ptah @ July 26, 2012 11:56 pm)

I think that Gilgamesh had an aura but for some reason he lost it, I think ho overheated his aura and spontaneously got burnt and, because of being immortal by Forbidden Archon technology, he survived, but loosed his aura an part of his memory and his sanity.

Ptah... flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

Perhaps, but Tsagaglalal was the first of the first people, right? So maybe since Gilgamesh and Tsagaglalal were the first two, they were the ones with personalities, and because of this Tsagaglalal was the one with an aura. or maybe Abraham allowed him to have an aura. Your theory does make sense though.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#478 [url]

Jul 27 12 1:31 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 26, 2012 08:01 pm)

Ptah...  flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

Perhaps, but Tsagaglalal was the first of the first people, right? So maybe since Gilgamesh and Tsagaglalal were the first two, they were the ones with personalities, and because of this Tsagaglalal was the one with an aura. or maybe Abraham allowed him to have an aura. Your theory does make sense though.

There are a couple of passages that allude to this. First in The Enchantress

QUOTE (The Enchantress)
Tsagaglalal had been the clay statue closest to Prometheus. One moment she was without consciousness, and the next she existed. Opening  slate-gray eyes, she was instantly aware of her surroundings. The heat awakened memories, thoughts and implanted ideas—she knew who she was. She even knew the name of the fi gure feeding her raw burning energy.
She was Tsagaglalal.
She lifted her arm and a sliver of hardened clay fell away and shattered on the ground, revealing dark flesh beneath. She brought the hand to her face and flexed her fingers, dirt crumbling from them.
Behind her, a second statue, a male, shifted slightly, and a slab of clay fell away from his torso to expose rich golden skin beneath. She turned stiffly and looked at him. Memories that could never have been hers gave her his name. This was Gilgamesh,
and together, they were the first of the First People.

And I believe somewhere in either the necromancer or the warlock it says gilgamesh had an aura at one time but lost it around the same time he went insane.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#479 [url]

Jul 27 12 1:57 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 27, 2012 01:31 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 26, 2012 08:01 pm)

Ptah...  flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

There are a couple of passages that allude to this. First in The Enchantress

QUOTE (The Enchantress)
Tsagaglalal had been the clay statue closest to Prometheus. One moment she was without consciousness, and the next she existed. Opening  slate-gray eyes, she was instantly aware of her surroundings. The heat awakened memories, thoughts and implanted ideas—she knew who she was. She even knew the name of the fi gure feeding her raw burning energy.
She was Tsagaglalal.
She lifted her arm and a sliver of hardened clay fell away and shattered on the ground, revealing dark flesh beneath. She brought the hand to her face and flexed her fingers, dirt crumbling from them.
Behind her, a second statue, a male, shifted slightly, and a slab of clay fell away from his torso to expose rich golden skin beneath. She turned stiffly and looked at him. Memories that could never have been hers gave her his name. This was Gilgamesh,
and together, they were the first of the First People.

And I believe somewhere in either the necromancer or the warlock it says gilgamesh had an aura at one time but lost it around the same time he went insane.

Oh, really? Ok, I guess that I have forgotten that part. Ok, then, perhaps it was burned up when he became immortal.

Quote    Reply   

#480 [url]

Jul 28 12 11:17 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff)
Oh, really? Ok, I guess that I have forgotten that part. Ok, then, perhaps it was burned up when he became immortal.

Do not forget that Gilgamesh is Merlin.
Abraham made Gilgamesh immortal, and this was a long time before the reign of King Arthur. I'd say that Gilgamesh still have an aura at this time because he made a lot of display of power as Merlin.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help