Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Aug 3 09 1:09 AM

Tags : :

Master of all the magics yet able to use none.. he has no aura and yet has lived for over ten millennia, he was made immortal by Abraham the Mage .. and not forgetting that he is quite possibly insane..or is he?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 3 09 2:39 AM

I knew we needed a Gilgamesh thread...not so much insane as just very, very forgetful. So many memories must get confusing to go through

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 3 09 9:09 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if he at some point messes up what has really happened and what he saw in maybe a dream or so.

But how horrible it must be to know so much but to keep on forgetting it! I feel sad for him flamelssecret/crying.gif just try to imagine how it must be like - to actually have to write things down all the time in order not to forget what happens in your life..! Though it sometimes seems like he's not really affected by it (except when he talks about it). I get the impression that he is happy minded most of the time? But then, if he wasn't, he would be even more messed up

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Aug 3 09 12:22 PM

ok here's a crazy thought that just popped into my head, what if gilgamesh is so confused because he is able to see multiple strands of time, I mean yes it would be confusing to live as long as Gilgamesh has and try to remember things, it might be and interesting twist if Gilgamesh was able to see many strands of time like the witch, and he was having trouble keeping them straight. (Its probably not the case but i thought id throw the idea out there)

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 3 09 3:59 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 03, 2009 12:22 pm)
ok here's a crazy thought that just popped into my head, what if gilgamesh is so confused because he is able to see multiple strands of time, I mean yes it would be confusing to live as long as Gilgamesh has and try to remember things, it might be and interesting twist if Gilgamesh was able to see many strands of time like the witch, and he was having trouble keeping them straight. (Its probably not the case but i thought id throw the idea out there)

Actually, that's very possible. That could be how he thought he recognized the twins in the car. He kept insisting that they've met.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 3 09 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Fumm95 @ August 03, 2009 03:59 pm)
ok here's a crazy thought that just popped into my head, what if gilgamesh is so confused because he is able to see multiple strands of time, I mean yes it would be confusing to live as long as Gilgamesh has and try to remember things, it might be and interesting twist if Gilgamesh was able to see many strands of time like the witch, and he was having trouble keeping them straight.  (Its probably not the case but i thought id throw the idea out there)

Actually, that's very possible. That could be how he thought he recognized the twins in the car. He kept insisting that they've met.

And that could explain why Gilgamesh doesn't have an aura. Like the Witch of Endor gave up her eyes, he gave up his aura.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 4 09 12:30 AM

ive been thinking what if the spell in the book that gave him immortality what if it pulled hes aura into him self we know that auras can last forever so inverting it might be how to become immortal at the cost of magic

user posted image
Aura colour:Deep navy blue..........Aura scent: Burning Grapes
Aqua, Ignis, Terra, Aero, Tempus temporis
"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
La verdadera muerte vendrá a ti

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 4 09 12:38 AM

QUOTE (aquose @ August 04, 2009 12:30 am)
ive been thinking what if the spell in the book that gave him immortality what if it pulled hes aura into him self we know that auras can last forever so inverting it might be how to become immortal at the cost of magic

That's certainly possible. I agree with the idea that Gilgamesh sacrificed his aura for something, but as to what can be debated.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 4 09 2:06 AM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ August 04, 2009 12:38 am)

That's certainly possible. I agree with the idea that Gilgamesh sacrificed his aura for something, but as to what can be debated.

So you don't believe that he was born with no aura...

I think I agree, though everyone knew him as the guy with no aura. He had to lose it a long time ago.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 4 09 1:54 PM

Very interesting theory.. it sounds very likely that he gave his aura up for something.... and I like the idea of him pulling his aura into himself... nice idea

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 5 09 4:11 AM

QUOTE (Fumm95 @ August 04, 2009 02:06 am)

I think I agree, though everyone knew him as the guy with no aura. He had to lose it a long time ago.

Him being born without an aura is so...not Michael Scott XD

It's more interesting if he sacrificed his aura for something.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Aug 5 09 2:07 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ August 04, 2009 11:11 pm)

Hmmm I can smell something cooking there... What do you think he may have sacrificed it for???

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 5 09 2:39 PM

It could be that he sacrificed it for immortality, but I think that answer would be too obvious. Michael Scott isn't obvious, he's subtle.

I think I'm leaning toward what we speculated earlier about having the sight. Or, maybe, it's something we haven't mentioned yet.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Aug 6 09 2:25 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 05, 2009 02:07 pm)
QUOTE (Sparticle @ August 04, 2009 11:11 pm)

Hmmm I can smell something cooking there... What do you think he may have sacrificed it for???

This is what we've speculated other than giving up his aura for immortality:

QUOTE (Fumm95 @ August 03, 2009 03:59 pm)
ok here's a crazy thought that just popped into my head, what if gilgamesh is so confused because he is able to see multiple strands of time, I mean yes it would be confusing to live as long as Gilgamesh has and try to remember things, it might be and interesting twist if Gilgamesh was able to see many strands of time like the witch, and he was having trouble keeping them straight.  (Its probably not the case but i thought id throw the idea out there) 

And that could explain why Gilgamesh doesn't have an aura. Like the Witch of Endor gave up her eyes, he gave up his aura.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#14 [url]

Aug 6 09 1:16 PM

very interesting theory here, but wasn't it mention somewhere, maybe in the books that he never had an aura? and this was why Hekate thought he became the first guardian.

i wouldn't put it past Michael to put this twist in though.

still think Gilgamesh is Abraham's son from his Humani wife...

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Aug 6 09 2:35 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 06, 2009 08:16 am)
very interesting theory here, but wasn't it mention somewhere, maybe in the books that he never had an aura? and this was why Hekate thought he became the first guardian.

at the end of the Magician, in the preview for the Sorceress, it states "Gilgamesh also knows all the elemental magics, thought strangely, he never possessed the power to use them. The King has no aura."

I also think there is something different about how Gilgamesh is immortal. Since the other immortal humans are immortal - but not indestructible ("“You’re immortal, William, not invulnerable.” Machiavelli smiled." pg. 463 of the Sorceress; "Nothing—Elder, Next Generation,
immortal or human—was completely indestructible." pg. 76 of the Sorceress) - how is it that Gilgamesh is "impossible to kill" (Pally says that on pg. 459 of the Sorceress). We are told that the reason Gilgamesh was locked up in the 40s was because he wanted to be underneath the atomic bomb when it was set off because he figured it was the only way he could die.

So, got to figure out what the difference is....

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#16 [url]

Aug 7 09 5:49 AM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ August 06, 2009 02:35 pm)

at the end of the Magician, in the preview for the Sorceress, it states "Gilgamesh also knows all the elemental magics, thought strangely, he never possessed the power to use them. The King has no aura."

I also think there is something different about how Gilgamesh is immortal. Since the other immortal humans are immortal - but not indestructible ("“You’re immortal, William, not invulnerable.” Machiavelli smiled." pg. 463 of the Sorceress; "Nothing—Elder, Next Generation,
immortal or human—was completely indestructible." pg. 76 of the Sorceress) - how is it that Gilgamesh is "impossible to kill" (Pally says that on pg. 459 of the Sorceress). We are told that the reason Gilgamesh was locked up in the 40s was because he wanted to be underneath the atomic bomb when it was set off because he figured it was the only way he could die.

hmm a lot of play in words here. it says 'has no aura' but doesn't say if he never had to begin with.

maybe Palamedes is just exaggerating. maybe he's almost indestructible, but not totally so

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 7 09 7:44 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 06, 2009 01:16 pm)
still think Gilgamesh is Abraham's son from his Humani wife...

If Gilgamesh is the son of Abraham, it could explain why he is so indescructable.

I'm sorry for my English, it's not my native language

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Aug 7 09 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 07, 2009 12:49 am)
QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ August 06, 2009 02:35 pm)

hmm a lot of play in words here. it says 'has no aura' but doesn't say if he never had to begin with.

maybe Palamedes is just exaggerating. maybe he's almost indestructible, but not totally so

Do you think its possible that Gilgamesh gave up his aura to become indestructible in addition to become immortal or do you think the formula that abraham used to make gilgamesh immortal caused him to sacrifice his aura, but because of the nature of the immortality he also is invulnerable? Or maybe he is invulnerable because he has no aura, We know immortals can spontaneously combust if they overexert themselves and drain their aura, but if Gilgamesh has no aura then he cant spontaneously combust, which seems like one of the few ways immortals can die. So is this possibly one of the things that contributes to his supposed invulnerability.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Aug 7 09 12:24 PM

I think his invulnerability stems from him having no aura, whether or not he gave up his aura for invulnerability or not, I'm not sure.

But the aura is the life force, when it drains out, you die. If you have no aura, arguably you would have no life force, but Gilgamesh is immortal so he doesn't really need one...

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 7 09 1:00 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 07, 2009 12:24 pm)
I think his invulnerability stems from him having no aura, whether or not he gave up his aura for invulnerability or not, I'm not sure.

But the aura is the life force, when it drains out, you die. If you have no aura, arguably you would have no life force, but Gilgamesh is immortal so he doesn't really need one...

So perhaps that spell in the very beginning of the Codex that he wanted is a spell that will grant him an/his aura. Maybe that's why the Flamel's didn't use that spell (because there are discussions on why they could use the one that spell that lets them have immortality without having to renew it.) It *censored* away your aura so you can remain immortal and "indestructable". Since both Nicholas and Perenelle need their auras to continue protecting themselves and others, they were reluctant to use that spell. Is that possible?

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help