Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 2 09 5:13 PM

Tags : :

Who built this mysterious place, who raised it, who sunk it? A place of many mysteries and secrets.. what are your theories?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 2 09 10:23 PM

Yay - a new room! About Danu Talis . . . the same as Atlantis, right? And sunken by the twins? Something about the power they unleashed?

hm. . or was it something else? I don't really know what or who, the thought just slipped to my mind.

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Aug 3 09 3:03 PM

QUOTE (Fumm95 @ August 03, 2009 09:41 am)
But the original twins fell at Danu Talis, didn't they?  So would they have necessarily sunken it?

the way i remember reading it was that the island was sinking or being flooded while the twins were battling atop the pyramid. So I think there was a lot going on all at once. They could have fallen as the island was sinking and the damage was already done.

and here's a thought what if the twins fighting were the two twin swords alone, being wielded by whoever (not necessarily twins), they said twins were fighting but they never specified the twins had to be people.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 3 09 3:13 PM

That's a good point. That would mean the original twins were still around, wouldn't it? If the twins were the swords, I mean.

Though that would destroy the theory that Dee's Elders were the original twins. How can your Elder be a set of swords?

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 4 09 1:47 PM

Well, I think that already now, we have been proved that the swords have their own meanings and wills!

But yes, as Dee's elders, that would be quite special... not very likely..?

**Signature removed by staff. Please read the Forum CoC on signature text-lines (maximum 4).**

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 4 09 9:22 PM

Scathach specifically tells the twins in Dora's shop in Ojai that "Danu Talis was ripped apart because the Ruling Twins - the Sun and Moon - fought on top of the Great Pyramid. The incredible magical forces they released upset the balance of nature."

So it seems that, from Scatty's own words, the original twins destroyed Danu Talis. Just thought I would put this out there.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 5 09 4:51 PM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 04, 2009 09:22 pm)
Scathach specifically tells the twins in Dora's shop in Ojai that "Danu Talis was ripped apart because the Ruling Twins - the Sun and Moon - fought on top of the Great Pyramid. The incredible magical forces they released upset the balance of nature."

So it seems that, from Scatty's own words, the original twins destroyed Danu Talis. Just thought I would put this out there.

Now a good question is, who were they fighting? Each other or someone else? That may clear things up. Though the fact they are sun and moon might help too.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 5 09 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Fumm95 @ August 05, 2009 12:51 pm)
QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 04, 2009 09:22 pm)

Now a good question is, who were they fighting? Each other or someone else? That may clear things up. Though the fact they are sun and moon might help too.

I always had the impression that they fought each other. Probably because of the prophecy of 'one to save the world, and one to destroy it.'

It's quite obvious that the original twins had immense power at their disposal, enough to destroy Danu Talis. Remember that Scatty also said that Danu Talis ranged from the west coast of Africa to the North American coast. That's big piece of land to destroy. Recall also that Machiavelli and Perenelle made Mt. Etna erupt just because they fought with their magic, and I think the original twins were WAY more powerful than either Perenelle or Machiavelli. That's frightening to think about...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 10 09 2:43 PM

In the Magician, it was said (idk where) that part of the reason it sank was because of the few Elders who could use multiple magics at once were doing so. Like when Sophie burned/air-ificated (lol) the Valkyries.
And the Celtic called it de danaan isle or something like that, right? So where did 'Danu Talis' come from? What language group?
And since it's basically a big hunk of land, are we thinking Pangaea????? Hmm?
OMG I've edited this post a gazillion times!

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 10 09 4:36 PM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 10, 2009 10:43 am)
In the Magician, it was said (idk where) that part of the reason it sank was because of the few Elders who could use multiple magics at once were doing so. Like when Sophie burned/air-ificated (lol) the Valkyries.
And the Celtic called it de danaan isle or something like that, right? So where did 'Danu Talis' come from? What language group?

I'm not so sure about Pangaea. That was 250 million years ago (I have heard 200 million years also). It seems too long ago in my opinion. And besides, weren't the continents pretty much in there present location during the fall of Danu Talis? I know, obviously, that there were some differences in shapes of the continents that long ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong and missed some key information in the books.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Aug 10 09 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 10, 2009 12:36 pm)

I'm not so sure about Pangaea. That was 250 million years ago (I have heard 200 million years also). It seems too long ago in my opinion. And besides, weren't the continents pretty much in there present location during the fall of Danu Talis? I know, obviously, that there were some differences in shapes of the continents that long ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong and missed some key information in the books.

IDK, but 250 mil isn't that long to an Elder, I bet, especially with lots of humani to munch on lol.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 11 09 2:18 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 10, 2009 11:43 pm)
QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 10, 2009 12:36 pm)

IDK, but 250 mil isn't that long to an Elder, I bet, especially with lots of humani to munch on lol.

And, I believe that Danu Talis was said to be in the Atlantic ocean. The Atlantic ocean wasn't formed at the same time that Pangaea was around.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Aug 11 09 4:13 AM

So the Next Generation Elders, like Scatty, were brought about because of all of the wild magic released into the atmosphere by the Ruling Twins while fighting atop Danu Talis. But I was thinking about a line from The Magician where Machiavelli and Dagon talk about the emnity between Scatty and the Disir. Machiavelli says that Hekate used the Disir to trap Scatty in an Underworld Shadowrealm. He says that the Disir's feud with Scatty "goes back to the time just after the sinking of Danu Talis."

How would their feud go back to just after the sinking of Danu Talis if Scatty hadn't even been born yet? And even if she was born soon after wouldn't it have taken awhile to build up a "feud", and plus she would have needed to be around long enough to have built up the strength to keep her going for a very very long time in an Underworld Shadowrealm?

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#14 [url]

Aug 11 09 7:44 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 03, 2009 03:03 pm)
QUOTE (Fumm95 @ August 03, 2009 09:41 am)
But the original twins fell at Danu Talis, didn't they?  So would they have necessarily sunken it?

the way i remember reading it was that the island was sinking or being flooded while the twins were battling atop the pyramid. So I think there was a lot going on all at once. They could have fallen as the island was sinking and the damage was already done.

and here's a thought what if the twins fighting were the two twin swords alone, being wielded by whoever (not necessarily twins), they said twins were fighting but they never specified the twins had to be people.

wasn't it said somewhere that the balance between the ruling Twins power held the island afloat. that's why i always thought the original Gold and Silver were the ones at war because it threw off the balance. but I like SC theory a lot... it was never mentioned w/c twins indeed flamelssecret/bow.gif

on the location: as it is believed to be Atlantis it should be in the Altantic conecting the Americas to Europe.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Aug 11 09 8:42 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 11, 2009 04:13 am)
So the Next Generation Elders, like Scatty, were brought about because of all of the wild magic released into the atmosphere by the Ruling Twins while fighting atop Danu Talis. But I was thinking about a line from The Magician where Machiavelli and Dagon talk about the emnity between Scatty and the Disir. Machiavelli says that Hekate used the Disir to trap Scatty in an Underworld Shadowrealm. He says that the Disir's feud with Scatty "goes back to the time just after the sinking of Danu Talis."

How would their feud go back to just after the sinking of Danu Talis if Scatty hadn't even been born yet? And even if she was born soon after wouldn't it have taken awhile to build up a "feud", and plus she would have needed to be around long enough to have built up the strength to keep her going for a very very long time in an Underworld Shadowrealm?

In the second book it's revealed that during one of the Ice Ages (don't remember which one) the Disir had enslaved most of mankind. The Witch of Endor then gave up her eyes so she would see the different timelines. Then she teamed up with Chronos, an Elder who could move through time, to get one great warrior from every(?) millenium. The Witch also asked Scatty. The warriors defeated the Disir in one night. So the feud between Scatty and the Disir begun (if my memory is correct) before Scatty was born

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Aug 11 09 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 10, 2009 11:13 pm)

It was said the Chronos and I think the witch sent scatty and many other warriors from many different times back in time to help battle during the fall of danu talis. So despite scatty no being born yet she was there because she was sent back in time (or atleast thats how i understood it)

ALso im not sure it was so much that the next generation like scatty were brought about because of magic, but that the magic, so much but that the magic released caused the next generation to be different from the elders.

Also I just had a thought, there was mention of different strands of time, what if the fall of danu talis only happened in one of the past strands of time, and is something that might be able to be prevented by time travel to the past. Maybe thats why the original group was sent back in time, but they landed on the wrong strand of time.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 11 09 3:48 PM

Ah flamelssecret/love0030.gif thank you guys. I just couldn't remember. I was looking up something about the Ruling Twins and came across that instead.
So we have next generation Elders being born across the board, not just after the fall of Danu Talis? Man, I need to reread! flamelssecret/read.gif

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#18 [url]

Aug 11 09 4:13 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 11, 2009 11:48 am)
Ah flamelssecret/love0030.gif thank you guys. I just couldn't remember. I was looking up something about the Ruling Twins and came across that instead.
So we have next generation Elders being born across the board, not just after the fall of Danu Talis? Man, I need to reread! flamelssecret/read.gif

The Next Gen were born after the fall of Danu Talis.

Scatty was brought back in time to a time before Danu Talis. But she was born after it.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 11 09 7:55 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 11, 2009 04:13 pm)
QUOTE (Lucy @ August 11, 2009 11:48 am)
Ah flamelssecret/love0030.gif thank you guys.  I just couldn't remember.  I was looking up something about the Ruling Twins and came across that instead. 
So we have next generation Elders being born across the board, not just after the fall of Danu Talis?  Man, I need to reread! flamelssecret/read.gif

The Next Gen were born after the fall of Danu Talis.

Scatty was brought back in time to a time before Danu Talis. But she was born after it.

Really? For some reason, I thought she was pulled later in time. That shows that I really really need to reread.

Aura Color=Sky Blue
Aura Scent=Fresh Air

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#20 [url]

Aug 12 09 7:47 AM

just thought of this, We all know that the Fall happened when the twins were battling. It was also said in the books somewhere, that they were battling on top of the pyramids. what if they battling from different ends of the island? it was not specifically mentioned which pyramid but there are a number of them across the world. what if one twin was in Egypt, the other was standing in an Aztec pyramid? I know the pyramids are dated only a few millennias old but is pluasible that they are much older that we know? with the kind of power the twin weild and standing on top of pyramids on opposite site of the island, that would cause massive distruction, enough to cause it to sink. yes, it's farfetched, i don't know where i got it from exactly, but it may imply that the original twins did not fall with Danu Talis. flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help