Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Aug 27 09 3:39 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 27, 2009 12:12 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 26, 2009 11:18 pm)
QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 26, 2009 03:41 pm)
I found an interesting conversation between Flamel and Scatty about seeing time...  But funnily no mention of Dora!

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
Could they see through time? She paused, thinking. I ve known Elders who seemed to have that gift: Sibyl certainly could, and so could Themis and Melampus, of course. But they were wrong more often than they were right. If my travels have taught me anything, it is that we create our own future.

hmm interesting, Scatty inplies she doesn't belive in it but I think she belives the Witch, maybe that's why she didn't categorize her w/ the others.

the quote also says they can see through time, nnot the singular threads themselves. Seems to me what they do are predictions w/o considering process they go through. while the Witch is more of an observer not interfering w/ of each thread so as not to affect the outcome. Just like what she did in the Alchemyst. She knew there was one thread in w/c Hekate will die, she did not warn the Goddess because she didn't want to interfere w/ the flow of time.

Im wondering if that is one of the conditions of seeing the threads of time, that one can not interfere with its natural course.

Now that would be a curse. To know what could passably happen and bot be able to do anything about it.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#43 [url]

Aug 27 09 5:20 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 27, 2009 12:11 pm)
What about when she sent Scatty back in time to fight the Disir?  Isn't that interfering with time?  flamelssecret/idk.gif

I had thought about that and it may not have if every thread of time said she sent scatty back to the past. It may also have been her using a loophole or chronos may have approached her about the situation, or she may have sent scatty back in time before she gave up her site. Or its possible still that there are no conditions towards seeing the threads of time other than giving up ones eyes. But i imagine its more complicated than that.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Aug 27 09 5:28 PM

Yes, I think that you are absolutely right! Even right after I wrote that I started thinking about what Mr. Mears said about time as frequency dementions, and I knew that you guys would be coming in to correct me, because your right and your working with a really good theory. flamelssecret/crying.gif Mr. Mears! And all this AETHER business, argh. **shakes fist in the air**

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#45 [url]

Aug 27 09 5:35 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 27, 2009 07:12 am)
Im wondering if that is one of the conditions of seeing the threads of time, that one can not interfere with its natural course.

Well... that may be... But, Scatty didn't know about it if it is. Nor did Dora say she couldn't have warned Hekate...

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
And you didn t warn Hekate! Scatty exclaimed.

I watched one thread of a possible-future. One of many. In some of the others, Hekate killed Bastet and the Morrigan slew Dee. In another, Hekate killed you, Mr. Flamel, and was in turn killed by Scathach. All versions of the future. Today I discovered which came to pass.

She almost seems restricted by the multiple strands... How can she warn someone about something that may or may not happen. And if she does... will that in turn spin off new strands and cause a different outcomes that she then would have to warn about.

It's kind of like that part in the Matrix where the lady warns him about knocking over the vase, so he turns and knocks it over.... flamelssecret/crazy.gif flamelssecret/crazy.gif flamelssecret/crazy.gif

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#46 [url]

Aug 28 09 6:03 AM

I agree parly w/ this. She can chose to interfere only w/ a consequence of a different future or if she knows that her interferance will have little impact in the future/s she is aiming for.

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 27, 2009 05:35 pm)
QUOTE (The Alchemyst)

I watched one thread of a possible-future. One of many. In some of the others, Hekate killed Bastet and the Morrigan slew Dee. In another, Hekate killed you, Mr. Flamel, and was in turn killed by Scathach. All versions of the future. Today I discovered which came to pass.

She almost seems restricted by the multiple strands... How can she warn someone about something that may or may not happen. And if she does... will that in turn spin off new strands and cause a different outcomes that she then would have to warn about.

It's kind of like that part in the Matrix where the lady warns him about knocking over the vase, so he turns and knocks it over.... flamelssecret/crazy.gif flamelssecret/crazy.gif flamelssecret/crazy.gif

exactly what I was going for! at that time her interferance (warning) may have resulted to: Hekate dying, the Twins surviving or a different future all together. Remember the twins survived in only one thread, meaning in that thread Hekate died. on the other hand Hekate survived but in no twin all those thread. She might have left it to fate and destiny.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Aug 30 09 4:49 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 28, 2009 06:03 am)

I agree parly w/ this. She can chose to interfere only w/ a consequence of a different future or if she knows that her interferance will have little impact in the future/s she is aiming for.

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 27, 2009 05:35 pm)
QUOTE (The Alchemyst)

exactly what I was going for! at that time her interferance (warning) may have resulted to: Hekate dying, the Twins surviving or a different future all together. Remember the twins survived in only one thread, meaning in that thread Hekate died. on the other hand Hekate survived but in no twin all those thread. She might have left it to fate and destiny.

Yeah, that makes sense. But, isn't there a theory that everything that could happen does happen? Like in a different reality.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#48 [url]

Aug 31 09 5:46 AM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ August 30, 2009 04:49 pm)
Yeah, that makes sense. But, isn't there a theory that everything that could happen does happen? Like in a different reality.

yes, that is possible, but discussing it would be a pain and we'll get in trouble for straying off topic

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Sep 13 09 1:18 PM

Heh. I love Dora. She's funny. flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/secret.gif ("Have you lost weight?" is the funniest thing she says to Scatty.)

WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!? Gilgamesh is a TRAMP? I'll have to keep reading the Sorceress... (I thought he would be more kingly.)

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Oct 19 09 12:54 PM

Witch is the coolest!!! I want my grandma to be like The Witch of Endor!
Lucky Scatty

Aura:Sunrise yellow
Scent:Coco

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Oct 26 09 5:31 AM

I'm new to the site...

I don't entirely trust The Witch of Endor. One of my theories is that she could even be Dee's or Maki's elder. She had the chance to kill Dee and she did not. Even if she is not one of their elders, I feel like we will see something come out about her that will be harmful to the twins, beyond her infecting Sophie with her memories, she could be up to something sinister.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#52 [url]

Oct 26 09 6:03 AM

I welcome you to the forums, Lady Faithfull! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

I agree, there are reasons why we shouldn't trust the Witch and she maybe up to something but I don't think she's one of the bad guys.

Interesting you think she is either Machiavelli's or Dee's Elder since she can be traced to some Egyptian myths. But i doubt she ever ruled in Egypt though so she can't be Mach's Elder.

As for her not killing Dee when she had th opportunity, we have a couple theories on that... she may still need Dee to do one significant thing in order for the future she see to come into fruition.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Nov 6 09 12:34 AM

She is on the humans side i dont think she is a master of any humani.

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#54 [url]

Nov 6 09 5:31 PM

I think she's pro-humani except for that guy she trapped in a paper weight, but I begin to question her motives as Sophie begins to fight to retain her memories, her identity to the Witch's knowledge. Her motives are extremely unclear there may be a bigger picture she's plotting in, she has been watching the strands of time...so we have much more to learn about her, she's definitely an interesting figure.

Aura: Cyan
Scent: Chocolate/Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#56 [url]

Nov 16 09 2:46 AM

QUOTE (The Magician)
The Witch of Endor had worked with the repulsive Elder, Chronos, who could move through time itself. It had been necessary to sacrifice her eyes in order to see the twisting strands of time, but it was a sacrifice she had never regretted. Scouring ten thousand years of time, she had chosen a single warrior from each millennium, and then Chronos had dipped into each era to pull the warriors back to the age of the Great Cold.

We know that Scatty was one such warrior, but I wonder who else she chose..and what happened to them? And, why was Chronos repulsive? Could he have been a Dark Elder?.. and if so, why would she team up with him to stop the Disir from slaying humans, surely that would be in his best interest?

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#57 [url]

Nov 16 09 3:26 AM

realy interesting question. who were they indeed, and from which millenium did she find Scatty then?

my thought on the team up against the Disir is that the Disir were gaining too much power then. i'm thinking they brought about a sort of ice age especially in the northern part of the world and they didn't want the Disir to usurp their rule

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Dec 19 09 12:05 PM

i think she knew what effect her memories would have on sophie. she told sophie what i give you is a curse. i think she has her own agenda and is just using the twins as pawns, maybe she wants mars to be free but does not want to do it herself so her gave the power to sophie

Aura colour: RED
Aura scent: freshly-cut GRASS
Magic: FIRE

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Dec 19 09 5:06 PM

QUOTE (FLAMEL rules @ December 19, 2009 12:05 pm)
i think she knew what effect her memories would have on sophie. she told sophie what i give you is a curse. i think she has her own agenda and is just using the twins as pawns, maybe she wants mars to be free but does not want to do it herself so her gave the power to sophie

I agree. She must have known. flamelssecret/secret.gif

user posted image
Here's a friendly piece of advice, even though you didn't ask for any: Never ask me for advice. Oh, and I for got to tell you: There was a worm in the apple you just ate. Hope you noticed.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#60 [url]

Dec 19 09 7:31 PM

QUOTE (FLAMEL rules @ December 19, 2009 12:05 pm)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help