Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#21 [url]

Aug 10 09 5:33 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 10, 2009 04:11 am)
QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 09, 2009 07:25 pm)
QUOTE (Lucy @ August 09, 2009 07:47 pm)
I think that Dora would be pretty angry with all of our suppositions that she leans toward the dark side.  Afterall she left Danu Talis to help the humani.  She gave the humani written language and taught them to use fire.  Let's not forget how much she has done for humanity in the first place.  She always said that what she was giving to Sophie was a curse.  flamelssecret/crying.gif

*Slaps forehead* Why didn't I remember that? It's so obvious. The Witch of Endor may not have any malicious motives for pouring all her knowledge into Sophie after all.

good or bad that doesnt mean she still doesnt have motives behind what she did by giving her memories to sophie.

yes, you don't give away millennia of knowledge to a teenager. but i doubt she's feeding on Sophies emotions. as I understand it vampires are Next Generation and the Witch is an Elder.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 10 09 6:06 AM

flamelssecret/Agreed.gif Oh I deffinately agree! I don't think her motives were pure. I just don't think she is as self serving as I initally may have thought. But I also don't think it matters if you are a teenager or if you are 97, being given a millenia of knowledge is too much for anyone. But if they are the twins of prophecy maybe Dora thought Sophie would be able to wade through the info and use it for the good of humanity flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#23 [url]

Aug 10 09 6:17 AM

she may have intetions we don't know yet, but i don't think its anything sinister. I just thought of pointing this out since I'm a real big fan of the Witch

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 11 09 4:53 AM

I think she gave here ALL of her memories because she saw Sophie as a way to have another life with real sight. Once Dora's memories fully take over Sophie she will cease to be Sophie and become The Witch in a brand new body. Anyone ever watch The Skeleton Key? Like that... or sort of like Men In Black too... flamelssecret/dance.gif

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 11 09 5:54 AM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 11, 2009 04:53 am)
I think she gave here ALL of her memories because she saw Sophie as a way to have another life with real sight. Once Dora's memories fully take over Sophie she will cease to be Sophie and become The Witch in a brand new body. Anyone ever watch The Skeleton Key? Like that... or sort of like Men In Black too... flamelssecret/dance.gif

I don't know about this. If you gave someone all of your memories would you think that you were living again? flamelssecret/idk.gif I don't think that I would think that. It is like our memories are the things that layer over our soul. There are the things that we do, things we have learned, and the things that we feel. The memory of those things can be passed on, but not the soul.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Aug 11 09 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 11, 2009 12:54 am)

I don't know about this. If you gave someone all of your memories would you think that you were living again? flamelssecret/idk.gif I don't think that I would think that. It is like our memories are the things that layer over our soul. There are the things that we do, things we have learned, and the things that we feel. The memory of those things can be passed on, but not the soul.

but gilgamesh says we are the sum of our memories, so essentially this could be true, from that respect, and Sophie could actually be the witch is the witchs memories take over and erase all of sophies.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 11 09 4:16 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 07, 2009 09:14 pm)

Could we have a non-vegetarian vampire I wonder?

I think it is interesting how some beings with the sharpest most deadly teeth don't eat meat at all. Both Scatty and the Sphinx feed off of memories, and at least in the case of the Sphinx leave them living after they have devoured all of their knowledge. It seems like sometimes in this series sustinance of the mind equals sustinance of the body. (i.e neither Machiavelli, Perry, nor Flamel need to even take in nourishment often). Then on the other hand Dee wanted to kill Cernunnos to get his knowledge...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Shaneltz

Apprentice

#28 [url]

Aug 12 09 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 11, 2009 04:16 pm)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 07, 2009 09:14 pm)

Could we have a non-vegetarian vampire I wonder?

I think it is interesting how some beings with the sharpest most deadly teeth don't eat meat at all. Both Scatty and the Sphinx feed off of memories, and at least in the case of the Sphinx leave them living after they have devoured all of their knowledge. It seems like sometimes in this series sustinance of the mind equals sustinance of the body. (i.e neither Machiavelli, Perry, nor Flamel need to even take in nourishment often). Then on the other hand Dee wanted to kill Cernunnos to get his knowledge...

I thought Scathach fed off feeling....? Didn't she take the pain away from Sophie?

user posted image
"Have care, Nicholas Flamel, Alchemyst, lest you create something that will destroy us all."-Hekate, the Goddess with Three Faces

"The world has ended before, I'm sure it will end many times before the sun turns black."-The Witch of Endor

Aura Color: Neon Green Aura Scent: Lime Magic Specialty: Necromancy
Element: The Magic of Air

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#29 [url]

Aug 12 09 3:39 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 11, 2009 11:18 am)

but gilgamesh says we are the sum of our memories, so essentially this could be true, from that respect, and Sophie could actually be the witch is the witchs memories take over and erase all of sophies.

right, SC, if you put it that way then that is a pobability.

@mr_,ears: yeah, the Skeleton key!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 13 09 5:02 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 12, 2009 03:39 am)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 11, 2009 11:18 am)

right, SC, if you put it that way then that is a pobability.

@mr_,ears: yeah, the Skeleton key!

Dude that movie messed with me for weeks... but that's the first place I went in my mind when the question was raised in the books about why Dora had so freely given ALL of her memories to Sophie.

user posted image

Aether is the solitary tenant of the Universe, it gives form to matter, but matter also occupies and manipulates Aether. All Physical existence derives its geometry from Aether.
Aura color: BLACK..........Aura Scent: Russian Olive Tree..........Magical Specialty: Alchemy.......... Elemental Magic: Aether/Time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#31 [url]

Aug 13 09 7:25 AM

lol I really don't think she'd do that to Sophie especially if she believes that she's half of the Twins of Legend

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Aug 20 09 7:02 PM

idk, I love the Witch. She's AWESOME! 'Don't you have a mirror?"

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Aug 20 09 7:45 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 13, 2009 07:25 am)
lol I really don't think she'd do that to Sophie especially if she believes that she's half of the Twins of Legend

I'm not so sure, remember, the twins were told to trust no one, which means everyone is to be questioned. I hope that Dora was giving out of the kindness of her heart but I'm always going to question anything an elder/imortal/next gen does.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Aug 20 09 7:51 PM

QUOTE (mr_mears @ August 20, 2009 07:45 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 13, 2009 07:25 am)

I'm not so sure, remember, the twins were told to trust no one, which means everyone is to be questioned. I hope that Dora was giving out of the kindness of her heart but I'm always going to question anything an elder/imortal/next gen does.

And The Witch warned Sophie that what she was giving her was a curse. I have to agree with Mr. Mears on this one...not that it's a bad thing

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#35 [url]

Aug 22 09 10:37 AM

i'm sure she has motives but those intentions are not to harm. i'm basing that on her previous statement, saying she didn't have a choice in the matter, not this time. i think we could all agree that she could have easily chosen not to teach Sophie Air magic. imbuing Sophie with her lore may just be a short cut in using the element. to arm her.

QUOTE (silvertouch @ August 20, 2009 07:02 pm)
idk, I love the Witch. She's AWESOME! 'Don't you have a mirror?"

me too!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

Aug 25 09 10:26 PM

Just noticed something... the Alchemyst says that Dora basically gave the first humani the alphabet in ancient Sumeria. And historically speaking, Palamedes (the greek one) is often credited for inventing letters (or the alphabet)... wonder if those two characters then have a connection?

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#37 [url]

Aug 26 09 2:58 AM

I get confused w/ the time line as far as Pally is concerned. maybe he studied under the Witch or he created a variation of the alphabets closely related to the alphabets commonly used flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#38 [url]

Aug 26 09 3:41 PM

I found an interesting conversation between Flamel and Scatty about seeing time... But funnily no mention of Dora!

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
Could they see through time? She paused, thinking. I ve known Elders who seemed to have that gift: Sibyl certainly could, and so could Themis and Melampus, of course. But they were wrong more often than they were right. If my travels have taught me anything, it is that we create our own future.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#39 [url]

Aug 27 09 4:18 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 26, 2009 03:41 pm)
I found an interesting conversation between Flamel and Scatty about seeing time... But funnily no mention of Dora!

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
Could they see through time? She paused, thinking. I ve known Elders who seemed to have that gift: Sibyl certainly could, and so could Themis and Melampus, of course. But they were wrong more often than they were right. If my travels have taught me anything, it is that we create our own future.

hmm interesting, Scatty inplies she doesn't belive in it but I think she belives the Witch, maybe that's why she didn't categorize her w/ the others.

the quote also says they can see through time, nnot the singular threads themselves. Seems to me what they do are predictions w/o considering process they go through. while the Witch is more of an observer not interfering w/ of each thread so as not to affect the outcome. Just like what she did in the Alchemyst. She knew there was one thread in w/c Hekate will die, she did not warn the Goddess because she didn't want to interfere w/ the flow of time.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#40 [url]

Aug 27 09 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 26, 2009 11:18 pm)
QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 26, 2009 03:41 pm)
I found an interesting conversation between Flamel and Scatty about seeing time...  But funnily no mention of Dora!

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)

hmm interesting, Scatty inplies she doesn't belive in it but I think she belives the Witch, maybe that's why she didn't categorize her w/ the others.

the quote also says they can see through time, nnot the singular threads themselves. Seems to me what they do are predictions w/o considering process they go through. while the Witch is more of an observer not interfering w/ of each thread so as not to affect the outcome. Just like what she did in the Alchemyst. She knew there was one thread in w/c Hekate will die, she did not warn the Goddess because she didn't want to interfere w/ the flow of time.

Im wondering if that is one of the conditions of seeing the threads of time, that one can not interfere with its natural course.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help