Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#261 [url]

Nov 13 11 4:56 PM

QUOTE (ads0504 @ November 13, 2011 04:47 pm)
QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 13, 2011 11:44 am)
QUOTE (ads0504)
did anyone think that Dora gave up her eyes to destroy some archon technology or learn air magic?

She gave up her eyes so that she will have the power to see different versions of the future. She said this in The Alchemyst, I think... flamelssecret/read.gif

if she did which i don't think she did, it deffinitly wasn't in the alchemyst because in the necromancer, prometheus said that nobody knew why his sister gave up her eyes or something like that.

She did in fact traded her eyesight for the gift of Sight, to see the threads of time.

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
The Witch of Endor had no eyes.
There were just hollow empty sockets where eyes should have been, and nestled
in the sockets were perfect ovals of reflective glass. Those mirrors turned
directly to the twins. "I gave up my eyes for the Sight, the ability to see
the patterns of time time past, present and possible-future."

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#263 [url]

Jun 27 12 6:23 PM

In the Enchantress, Sophie tells Josh

And she (the Witch) was allergic to cats-they made her sneeze
But the Witch is married to Mars whose sister is Bastet (cat-headed goddess) so this gets into a jumble. Because Prometheus tells Tsagaglalal to tell the Witch who sent the Spartoi but is the Witch allergic to Bastet (cat!!)? And I wonder what an Elder wedding looks like, because I have this really weird image in my head of the Witch marrying Mars but sneezing all the time because Bastet was there......

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#264 [url]

Jun 27 12 7:08 PM

QUOTE (Haoang20082 @ June 27, 2012 01:23 pm)
In the Enchantress, Sophie tells Josh
And she (the Witch) was allergic to cats-they made her sneeze
But the Witch is married to Mars whose sister is Bastet (cat-headed goddess) so this gets into a jumble. Because Prometheus tells Tsagaglalal to tell the Witch who sent the Spartoi but is the Witch allergic to Bastet (cat!!)? And I wonder what an Elder wedding looks like, because I have this really weird image in my head of the Witch marrying Mars but sneezing all the time because Bastet was there......

That's a good point and its probably an irritation to the witch, but just because she is allergic doesn't necessarily mean she wont be around bastet. I'm allergic to cats and I still hang around cats occasionally

Quote    Reply   

#265 [url]

Jun 28 12 1:23 AM

Yeah, I have mild allergies to like, every animal imaginable with fur or feathers, but i still love hanging with dogs.

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#267 [url]

Jul 26 12 8:52 PM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 08, 2009 06:41 pm)

Anyways, I'm not sure about the Witch's diet. We have not seen her eat humans yet, but she does like to shrink them. We know she does it to those who anger her, but doesn't it seem a little harsh? Also, I wonder what will happen to the guy in the glass paper weight. 

But emotions are fun, they allow you to do things like this flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif flamelssecret/crying.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif flamelssecret/badmood.gif flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif
Ok, back to topic. The Witch's motives are defenately mysterious for most of the series. It seems like she acts completely out of character when she gives Sophie the memories.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

merlin67

Spellcaster

#268 [url]

Jul 26 12 10:05 PM

maybe abraham told her to

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#269 [url]

Jul 26 12 10:41 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 26, 2012 10:05 pm)

You mean that mayvbe she got a tablet? I mean, we know why she does it now, due to trying to warn sophie about Isis and Osiris, but the tablet thing is still a good idea, and the out-of-character thing is only for the first five and nine-tenths of the books, until we discover the real reason.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#270 [url]

Jul 26 12 11:22 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 27, 2012 06:41 am)

You mean that mayvbe she got a tablet? I mean, we know why she does it now, due to trying to warn sophie about Isis and Osiris, but the tablet thing is still a good idea, and the out-of-character thing is only for the first five and nine-tenths of the books, until we discover the real reason.

whats the real reason ?

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#271 [url]

Jul 26 12 11:30 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 26, 2012 11:22 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 27, 2012 06:41 am)

whats the real reason ?

Well, I thought that Sophie had the Witch's memories as a precaution against Isis and Osiris, so she would not fall for their plan and had some experiance with what she needed to do, especially in the journey back to her time. Why she didn't take more direct measures, I have no idea.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#272 [url]

Jul 27 12 12:50 AM

it doesent state it but it is a good theory

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#273 [url]

Jul 27 12 12:59 AM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 27, 2012 12:50 am)
it doesent state it but it is a good theory

Ok, well, I came up with that idea based on the fact that that is the reason that the Witch destroyed the artifacts, to slow down Isis and Osiris in their plan, and I figured that giving Sophie the memories probably fits into the same purpose/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help