Remove this ad

#241 [url]

Apr 23 11 5:55 PM

Sorry for changing the subject, but I just notice something... The witch of end or is the wife of mars. In Greek and roman mythology, mars/ares is in love with the goddess of love, Aphrodite/Venus! The witch of endor or isn't... She couldn't be... But I thought... flamelssecret/faint.gif

Aura Color: Sun-glow
Aura Scent: Caramel
Magics Mastered: Fire , Water , Earth , Air , Aether , Alchemy , Necromancy, Time , Thought , and The Words of Power
Weapon: The Legendary Staff of Power

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#242 [url]

Apr 23 11 7:02 PM

No, the Witch of Endor isn't Aphrodite/Venus, because she was marryed to Hephaestus/Vulcan and Hephaestus is known as Vulcan in The Magician. I think the Witch of Endor resembles Hestia/Vesta or Athena/Minerva more than Aphrodite/Venus.

"My show now, Keyblade master! Who am I? Oh, my name's Axel.
Got it memorized?"
Aura color: Metallic-Red, Aura scent: Darkness, Prefered weapon: Chakrams or keyblade, Number or Rank: VIII, Lucian Agent.

Quote    Reply   

#243 [url]

Apr 23 11 9:37 PM

QUOTE (Axel @ April 23, 2011 12:02 pm)
No, the Witch of Endor isn't Aphrodite/Venus, because she was marryed to Hephaestus/Vulcan and Hephaestus is known as Vulcan in The Magician. I think the Witch of Endor resembles Hestia/Vesta or Athena/Minerva more than Aphrodite/Venus.

It was a joke.
I agree that she does resemble Athena/Minerva more, but I don't think she actually is. There is no mention of her actually being In mythology. In fact, (though I know this is not true, since mr. Scott said there would be no religion) the only mention of a person named Zephaniah is in the bible. She was an old, not well known, prophet, which does fit the elder Zephaniah.

Aura Color: Sun-glow
Aura Scent: Caramel
Magics Mastered: Fire , Water , Earth , Air , Aether , Alchemy , Necromancy, Time , Thought , and The Words of Power
Weapon: The Legendary Staff of Power

Quote    Reply   

#244 [url]

Apr 23 11 11:17 PM

Yes it does, Deathless. In fact I said precisely the same thing earlier this morning...but then my post was deleted and I have no idea why. I know there is not supposed to be any mention of religion or anything, so I made sure just to say that there was a witch of endor in the bible but was left out in one of the versions. Can someone please explain why my post was deleted?

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.
Aura Colour: light grey
Auric scent: parchment

Magical forte: sorcery

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#245 [url]

Apr 24 11 12:12 AM

QUOTE (TheWhiteWizard @ April 23, 2011 05:17 pm)
In fact I said precisely the same thing earlier this morning...but then my post was deleted and I have no idea why.

If your post was deleted it is because it was either off topic, or in breech of the code of conduct. The COC clearly states that posts may be deleted for any reason without informing the member.

Quote    Reply   

#246 [url]

Apr 24 11 2:45 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ April 24, 2011 12:12 am)
QUOTE (TheWhiteWizard @ April 23, 2011 05:17 pm)
In fact I said precisely the same thing earlier this morning...but then my post was deleted and I have no idea why.

If your post was deleted it is because it was either off topic, or in breech of the code of conduct. The COC clearly states that posts may be deleted for any reason without informing the member.

Ah, thank you, Spacecadet. It was just that I stated essentially just what Deathless had said but in slightly greater detail and it was deleted so I wasn't sure why, but thank you for clearing that up, perhaps it could have been misconstrewn as off-topic because it was in great length of where in the bible she is mentioned. I'll be more careful to not digress next time.

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.
Aura Colour: light grey
Auric scent: parchment

Magical forte: sorcery

Quote    Reply   

#247 [url]

Apr 25 11 3:52 AM

apparently Zephaniah has been worshipped in Babylon as stated in the book (forgot which one), but i've yet to find out about this...

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#248 [url]

Apr 26 11 2:18 AM

Yeah, we can't usually even mention that. I know we're supposed to look somewhere entirely different, but I have no idea where. Hopefully after the Warlock we'll glean something to put us on the right track.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#249 [url]

Apr 26 11 2:33 AM

true, maybe the Witch of Endor in myths has been buried or altered entirely. or she could go by another name. time to research about Babylonian myths!

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#250 [url]

Jun 21 11 3:47 PM

This thread has now been re-opened and may contain information from The Warlock

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#251 [url]

Jun 22 11 1:47 AM

I've been mulling over this quote about the witch of endor

“Old?” The Witch smiled. “Looks can be deceptive.” For the merest instant, almost too fast to see, a transformation flickered across the Witch of Endor’s entire body, her skin suddenly white, then black, yellow, green and brown. The woman sitting on the seat became tall, short, broad, incredibly thin, old, then young, then middle-aged.

If the witch can change her appearance i wonder if she has impersonated anyone. The old then young then middle aged makes me think of hekate, which might explain the quote that says when sophie was taken to the witch of endor to get awakened. Maybe the witch impersonated hekate and awakened sophie. Might also explain why hekate changed her mind.

Which begs another question, if she can impersonate people... who else has she impersonated?

Quote    Reply   

#252 [url]

Jun 22 11 1:57 AM

i don't think Zephaniah can impersonate another Elder. she can just change her appearance, but cannot copy the other Elders powers.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#253 [url]

Jun 22 11 12:26 PM

QUOTE (eabrea @ June 21, 2011 07:57 pm)
i don't think Zephaniah can impersonate another Elder. she can just change her appearance, but cannot copy the other Elders powers.

yes she can change her appearance but if she already had the ability to awaken just like hekate then she wouldnt be impersonating hekate's powers only merely changing her appearance and using the abilities she already had.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#254 [url]

Jun 22 11 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 21, 2011 08:47 pm)
Maybe the witch impersonated hekate and awakened sophie.  Might also explain why hekate changed her mind.

I have given that a thought too... But, I have found evidence to the contrary.

Firstly, when Dee is using necromancy on the remains of Hekate this is said:
QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
The trio looked up to see that the utter blackness was almost upon them. Less than ten feet ahead of them, the world ended in nothingness. Dee turned back to the sword. "Did you Awaken the girl?"

A bubble popped and the sword ran with images of Sophie rising off the ground, her aura blazing silver. "Yes."

"And the boy?"

The sword showed Josh cowering in a corner of a darkened chamber. "No."

You say that maybe she was lying? Well...
QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
Bastet growled. "She's lying."

"She cannot," Dee said. "She answers what we ask."

Secondly, when discussing who Flamel could take Josh to be awakened:
QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
He looked from the Morrigan to the Cat Goddess. "The boy is at least as powerful as the girl. Is there anyone else on this continent to whom Flamel could take the boy to have his talents Awakened?"

"Black Annis is in the Catskills," the Morrigan suggested, the note of caution clearly audible in her voice.

"Too unpredictable," Dee said, "she'd probably eat him."

"I heard that Persephone was in northern Canada," Bastet said.

Dee shook his head. "Her years in the Underworld Shadowrealm have driven her insane. She is dangerous beyond belief."

The Morrigan drew her cloak tighter around her shoulders. The cloud above her head thickened and drifted lower. "Then there is no one in North America."

You say that maybe they didn't know Endor was in Ojai?
QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
The Morrigan closed her eyes and turned slowly, then she raised her arm.  "They re heading south; I can just about make out the silver traces of her aura. It's incredibly powerful."

"Who is the most powerful Elder south of here?" Dee asked quickly. "Someone proficient in elemental magic?"

"Endor," Bastet answered immediately, "in Ojai. The deadly Witch of Endor."

"Mistress of the Air," the Morrigan added.

So, the spirit of Hekate confessed to awakening Sophie. Then when asked who else in North America had the ability to awaken, both Bastet and Morrigan did not mention Endor, even though they knew she was only a few hours south.

Not saying that theory is totally out of the question! (I thought it possible too) But, there is some very strong evidence against it.

**EDIT:

Possession over impersonation would be a better line to follow given the above evidence.

Quote    Reply   

#255 [url]

Jul 24 11 6:00 PM

I was reading bullfinch's mythology and I came across this: "Early in the contest Eteocles consulted the soothsayer Tiresias as to the issue. Tiresias in his youth had by chance seen Minerva bathing. The goddess in her wrath deprived him of his sight, but afterwards relenting gave him in compensation the knowledge of future events."

Interesting? I think so. flamelssecret/read.gif

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#256 [url]

Nov 13 11 3:42 AM

QUOTE (flamelfan96615)
yes that is wat i was thinking. but it still doesn't explain y she would give sophie all of her power/ memories...

You just have to remember that the Witch can see versions of the future. She gave her memories to Sophie because she saw the future and giving her memories to Sophie is part of her plan. Whether her purpose is to serve Sophie or herself, we will find out on The Enchantress.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#257 [url]

Nov 13 11 5:14 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 12, 2011 10:42 pm)
QUOTE (flamelfan96615)
yes that is wat i was thinking. but it still doesn't explain y she would give sophie all of her power/ memories...

You just have to remember that the Witch can see versions of the future. She gave her memories to Sophie because she saw the future and giving her memories to Sophie is part of her plan. Whether her purpose is to serve Sophie or herself, we will find out on The Enchantress.

yes i guss you're right. we will have to see. i wish it could come out sooner!!!!! flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

aura: light violet /scent: lavender/magics: water, air, time(aether)
"The promise given was a necessity of the past, the promise broken is a necessity of the present."

Quote    Reply   

ads0504

Spellcaster

#258 [url]

Nov 13 11 4:10 PM

did anyone think that Dora gave up her eyes to destroy some archon technology or learn air magic?

aura~ yellow
aura sent~ bananas
element specialty~ alchemy,earth,fire,air,water,and Aether

Quote    Reply   

#259 [url]

Nov 13 11 4:44 PM

QUOTE (ads0504)
did anyone think that Dora gave up her eyes to destroy some archon technology or learn air magic?

She gave up her eyes so that she will have the power to see different versions of the future. She said this in The Alchemyst, I think... flamelssecret/read.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

ads0504

Spellcaster

#260 [url]

Nov 13 11 4:47 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ November 13, 2011 11:44 am)
QUOTE (ads0504)

She gave up her eyes so that she will have the power to see different versions of the future. She said this in The Alchemyst, I think... flamelssecret/read.gif

if she did which i don't think she did, it deffinitly wasn't in the alchemyst because in the necromancer, prometheus said that nobody knew why his sister gave up her eyes or something like that.

aura~ yellow
aura sent~ bananas
element specialty~ alchemy,earth,fire,air,water,and Aether

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help