Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Aug 2 09 5:07 PM

Tags : :

Grandmother to Scathach, mistress of the magic of Air, she can see the strands of time, can she control them too?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 2 09 5:50 PM

One of the things I wonder about is when she lost her natural vision and when she was able to see the strands of time? Does she see the strands of time in place of normal vision and did she then have to give up normal sight to gain this? Perhaps if she does have the ability to control time normal vision was the sacrifice she made for this magic?

Or maybe she never had normal vision at all but has always been blind to sight as we know it.

And did she have this gift before or after she left Danu Talis? It says in The Alchemyst that she left before the downfall of Danu Talis to teach the Humani.

Could it be that her vision of the strands of time and possible outcomes were the reason she left? Did she foresee a time when the Humani would rule the world and the time of the Elders would be over and, rather than try and prevent this, did she take the side of Humani and choose to teach them instead of saving her own kind?

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 2 09 7:23 PM

The Witch of Endor actually says in The Alchemyst that she sacrificed her eyes for the Sight. So yes, she did have normal vision once. I wonder what her motives were for giving up normal sight just so she could see the strands of time.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#3 [url]

Aug 6 09 1:34 AM

i think she exchanged her eyes for the gift of Sight before she went to teach the Humani. She was considered a traitor, i think, when she left Danu Talis.
Also i don think she can control time. In the ALchemyst, she did say that she saw variations of possible future, but she did not mention ever controling it.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 6 09 2:40 AM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 06, 2009 01:34 am)
i think she exchanged her eyes for the gift of Sight before she went to teach the Humani. She was considered a traitor, i think, when she left Danu Talis.
Also i don think she can control time. In the ALchemyst, she did say that she saw variations of possible future, but she did not mention ever controling it.

I agree, I don't think she can control time either. If she did have that power, Sophie would know about it.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 7 09 4:05 PM

In The Sorceress thread (and other places) we were speculating on the meaning of vegetarianism in the books and I ran across an interesting line about the Witch's diet,

"We could check out the restaurants?" Flamel suggested. "What does she like to eat?" "Don't ask" Scatty said quickly, "you really do not want to know." (The Alchemyst, in Ojai)

Why don't we want to know? I want to know. Do we know?

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Aug 7 09 9:14 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 07, 2009 05:05 pm)
In The Sorceress thread (and other places) we were speculating on the meaning of vegetarianism in the books and I ran across an interesting line about the Witch's diet,

"We could check out the restaurants?" Flamel suggested. "What does she like to eat?" "Don't ask" Scatty said quickly, "you really do not want to know." (The Alchemyst, in Ojai)

Could we have a non-vegetarian vampire I wonder?

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Aug 7 09 9:55 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 07, 2009 09:14 pm)

"We could check out the restaurants?" Flamel suggested.  "What does she like to eat?"  "Don't ask" Scatty said quickly, "you really do not want to know." (The Alchemyst, in Ojai)

Why don't we want to know?  I want to know.  Do we know?

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 7 09 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 07, 2009 01:55 pm)

"We could check out the restaurants?" Flamel suggested.  "What does she like to eat?"  "Don't ask" Scatty said quickly, "you really do not want to know." (The Alchemyst, in Ojai)

The Dearg Due who are mentioned in The Sorceress (and again in the Necromancer) are most definitely not vegetarian!

Michael

were they the school girls or the skinheads ?

user posted image
Aura colour:Deep navy blue..........Aura scent: Burning Grapes
Aqua, Ignis, Terra, Aero, Tempus temporis
"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
La verdadera muerte vendrá a ti

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#9 [url]

Aug 7 09 11:37 PM

QUOTE (aquose @ August 07, 2009 11:08 pm)
QUOTE (Michael Scott @ August 07, 2009 01:55 pm)

The Dearg Due who are mentioned in The Sorceress (and again in the Necromancer) are most definitely not vegetarian!

Michael

were they the school girls or the skinheads ?

They were the ones dressed as schoolgirls.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 8 09 2:33 AM

thats what i thought i just wasn't sure thanks Zeph flamelssecret/love0030.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#11 [url]

Aug 8 09 6:58 AM

most definitely, Scatty sort of explained this at the end of The Alchemyst - about a blood sucking vampire. one can't consume blood and be vegetarian, i think

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 8 09 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 07, 2009 04:05 pm)

Most Elders eat humani flesh or memories. I wonder if the Witch did or does this.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

Aug 8 09 2:34 PM

QUOTE (sancrates @ August 08, 2009 11:49 am)

Most Elders eat humani flesh or memories. I wonder if the Witch did or does this.

Not just flesh or memories, some consume emotions..as Scatty does to Sophie

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 8 09 6:41 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 08, 2009 10:34 am)

You know, I seriously wish an emotion-feeding being - preferably someone we know, like Scatty - would consume some of my emotions; I could certainly use it.

Anyways, I'm not sure about the Witch's diet. We have not seen her eat humans yet, but she does like to shrink them. We know she does it to those who anger her, but doesn't it seem a little harsh? Also, I wonder what will happen to the guy in the glass paper weight.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Aug 8 09 6:52 PM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 08, 2009 01:41 pm)

You know, I seriously wish an emotion-feeding being - preferably someone we know, like Scatty - would consume some of my emotions; I could certainly use it.

Anyways, I'm not sure about the Witch's diet. We have not seen her eat humans yet, but she does like to shrink them. We know she does it to those who anger her, but doesn't it seem a little harsh? Also, I wonder what will happen to the guy in the glass paper weight.

what if what the witch did to sophie is her way of feeding off of memories, what if the witch is feeding off of sophies memories and slowly replacing them with her own. That would seem to fit with the idea of elders feeding of of humani's memories.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 8 09 7:51 PM

honestly with some of the things revealed in the third book about the witch i would have peged her for a dark elder

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#17 [url]

Aug 9 09 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 08, 2009 06:41 pm)

yes that we don't know yet.
a few months back, Michael did say we will learn more about Nick, Perry and The Witch, when i asked something about their diet

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 9 09 11:47 PM

I think that Dora would be pretty angry with all of our suppositions that she leans toward the dark side. Afterall she left Danu Talis to help the humani. She gave the humani written language and taught them to use fire. Let's not forget how much she has done for humanity in the first place. She always said that what she was giving to Sophie was a curse. flamelssecret/crying.gif

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 10 09 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Lucy @ August 09, 2009 07:47 pm)
I think that Dora would be pretty angry with all of our suppositions that she leans toward the dark side. Afterall she left Danu Talis to help the humani. She gave the humani written language and taught them to use fire. Let's not forget how much she has done for humanity in the first place. She always said that what she was giving to Sophie was a curse. flamelssecret/crying.gif

*Slaps forehead* Why didn't I remember that? It's so obvious. The Witch of Endor may not have any malicious motives for pouring all her knowledge into Sophie after all.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Aug 10 09 4:11 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ August 09, 2009 07:25 pm)
QUOTE (Lucy @ August 09, 2009 07:47 pm)
I think that Dora would be pretty angry with all of our suppositions that she leans toward the dark side.  Afterall she left Danu Talis to help the humani.  She gave the humani written language and taught them to use fire.  Let's not forget how much she has done for humanity in the first place.  She always said that what she was giving to Sophie was a curse.  flamelssecret/crying.gif

*Slaps forehead* Why didn't I remember that? It's so obvious. The Witch of Endor may not have any malicious motives for pouring all her knowledge into Sophie after all.

good or bad that doesnt mean she still doesnt have motives behind what she did by giving her memories to sophie.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help