Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Jul 27 10 2:37 AM

Yes, they are in the book, but I think Space has a point. If Bastet is considered as Artemis, maybe Horus has been linked to Apollo or someone else related to her.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Jul 27 10 7:36 AM

Bastet answers to Ra sun god....was strongest god in eygtion mythology.....wasn't she ordered to help dee maybe Ra is Dees elder

user posted image
Aura:Red Scent:Lemon
Knowing others is intelligence Knowing your self is true wisdom
Mastering others is strength Mastering your self is true power
Element:Wind & Earth Weapon: Runes, Marks, Swords

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#104 [url]

Jul 27 10 8:59 AM

Well that's what mythology said, it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing applies in the books.. Also, Bastet might not take orders from an Egyptian god..who knows? (Mr. Scott does! )

Ra might have been the strongest but there were others who were just as powerful and feared in Egypt.. Also, Idk why I still Bastet has something to do with the Torc Clans..

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

Perseus

Spellcaster

#105 [url]

Jul 27 10 3:05 PM

i dont think that one of Horus allias's is Apollo bcause we already know the th Greeks called him Ares.. sorry to be a partypooper

user posted image
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
Aura Color Maroon...... Aura Scent Ozone......Elemental: Aether

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Jul 27 10 3:50 PM

QUOTE (Elena @ July 27, 2010 03:59 am)
Well that's what mythology said, it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing applies in the books.. Also, Bastet might not take orders from an Egyptian god..who knows? (Mr. Scott does! )

Ra might have been the strongest but there were others who were just as powerful and feared in Egypt.. Also, Idk why I still Bastet has something to do with the Torc Clans..

Yes that's true...maybe she a decedent of one or maybe she help create them.....

user posted image
Aura:Red Scent:Lemon
Knowing others is intelligence Knowing your self is true wisdom
Mastering others is strength Mastering your self is true power
Element:Wind & Earth Weapon: Runes, Marks, Swords

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#107 [url]

Aug 15 10 2:01 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#108 [url]

Aug 15 10 9:51 AM

Other than Mars, Zeus and Hera had three more offsprings: Hephaestus (Vulcan), Hebe and Eileithyia. Hebe is the goddess of youth and Eileithyia is the goddess of childbirth. I am guesing that Bastet is either Hebe or Eileithya...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Aug 16 10 9:30 PM

I think it would be Eileithyia. Her sacred animal is the weasel. So is Mafdet's (one of Bastet's other forms)

And Hebe is married to Hercules. I can't imagine Bastet married to him...or anyone falling in love with her for that matter.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#110 [url]

Aug 31 10 3:51 AM

Ok, did a little research on Bastet for the Gold, Silver and Black auras. Because she was Ra's daughter, she was also one of the "Eyes of Ra." Meaning she was labeled as an "Avenger God" which basically means she destroyed the enemies of Egypt and her gods. The most interesting thing I found, regards the sun and the moon. She represents the moon when she's depicted as a cat, I'm assuming domestic. And she represents the sun when she's depicted as a lioness. Bastet was also only known as a solar deity until the Greeks linked her with their Artemis, after this she also became a lunar deity. And after also being linked with the Greek's Diana, she was adopted into a myth with Isis and Osiris as their daughter. Not sure if this means much in the series, but here it is

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#111 [url]

Sep 3 10 10:55 PM

she didnt appear in The Magician did she go somewhere

user posted image
Aura Color: Ash Gray Aura Scent: Cinnamon Magic Element: Fire Magic Specialty: Magician
"And let me remind you that the last time we met, your followers attempted to sacrifice
me to activate an extinct volcano. Naturally, I was a little upset."- The Magician, Chapter Forty-Five

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#112 [url]

Sep 4 10 2:13 AM

QUOTE (Knuckles174 @ September 03, 2010 06:55 pm)
she didnt appear in The Magician did she go somewhere

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif Please, do NOT read below if you have not finished The Sorceress or don't want a spoiler!!!

Nothing happened to Bastet, she's fine. (I've finished the Necromancer, so as far as we know nothing's happened to her... We'll just have to wait for the other books to come out )

Quote    Reply   

#113 [url]

Sep 4 10 2:30 PM

in the alchemyst remember she transformed the house cats into strange creatures but left them behind when the shadow realm was destroyed. flamelssecret/crying.gif poor cats

user posted image
Aura Color: Ash Gray Aura Scent: Cinnamon Magic Element: Fire Magic Specialty: Magician
"And let me remind you that the last time we met, your followers attempted to sacrifice
me to activate an extinct volcano. Naturally, I was a little upset."- The Magician, Chapter Forty-Five

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Sep 4 10 6:09 PM

Don't you think someone would notice when every cat in San Fransisco just disappears into thin air?

user posted image

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Sep 4 10 6:11 PM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ September 04, 2010 06:09 pm)
Don't you think someone would notice when every cat in San Fransisco just disappears into thin air?

I know, right!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#116 [url]

Sep 5 10 3:49 AM

QUOTE (Knuckles174 @ September 04, 2010 10:30 am)
in the alchemyst remember she transformed the house cats into strange creatures but left them behind when the shadow realm was destroyed. flamelssecret/crying.gif poor cats

I took this to show how dark she is, and how little she cares of those who serve her... Didn't she leave Sanuhet for dead as well?

Quote    Reply   

#117 [url]

Jan 9 11 4:26 AM

QUOTE (Jessica B. @ September 05, 2010 03:49 am)
I took this to show how dark she is, and how little she cares of those who serve her... Didn't she leave Sanuhet for dead as well?

Yep, she did. She just walked away while he got sucked up by the emptiness.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

Feb 1 11 2:17 PM

Maybe Bastet will make an appearance in The Warlock. With all the Egyptian theme scattered throughout the cover.. A family history of Bastet, Horus, Zephaniah, Osiris and Isis might be uncovered... Just about time..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Feb 1 11 6:15 PM

No offense but I hope that she dies in the Warlock I can't stand her.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help